You crazy Americans...

cloggsy71
cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
Think I've seen it all now...

Someone looking for a 'concealed holster' for a gun I presume :lol::o:(
http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10483958/cycling-friendly-concealed-holster

#wow

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Why do you think that person was American?
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    cloggsy71 wrote: »
    Think I've seen it all now...

Someone looking for a 'concealed holster' for a gun I presume :lol::o:(
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10483958/cycling-friendly-concealed-holster

#wow

Saw that! #wow indeed!!!
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Crazy American or not, there's been more than one time I was feeling threatened out while out riding and wishing I had my gun with me. Like, for instance, the time the two construction workers in a truck buzzed me, then pulled off the road, got out of the truck, and started coming toward me, presumably to express their displeasure with me being in their way. I have been known to carry a pepper spray gun in a jersey pocket.

Besides, didn't you Brits just have a guy knocked off his bike and killed by a group of thugs in London?
  • ntnunk
    ntnunk Posts: 936 Member
    Sigh. Sadly, nothing from JM4 Tactical seems to be suitable for cycling use. I guess I'll stick to my neoprene Blackhawk... :wink:
  • cloggsy71
    Why do you think that person was American?

Erm... Because AFAIK, American's are the only country who allow it's citizens to 'bear arms' & in some States 'Openly carry'... If a member of the public was carrying a firearm over here (UK) or in Europe*, then they'd be 'up to no good'.

(*) The Swiss all have their own assault rifles apparently?

Anyhooooo...

BTW, I used to carry a firearm every day of my working life in my previous job ;)
  • 35dollars
    35dollars Posts: 832 Member
    Bank robber?
  • cloggsy71
    How'd you guess?
  • niblue
    niblue Posts: 339 Member
    Sometimes I'd love to borrow my wife's SA80 for when I'm commuting...!
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    edited December 2016
    cloggsy71 wrote: »

BTW, I used to carry a firearm every day of my working life in my previous job ;)

I just knew you were "ex job"... ;)

(Still dangerously close to Catterick)

• daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Some rather dangerous areas on trails around Philly depending on what time you are riding...some girl got stabbed in the face while running in June.
  • denversillygoose
    denversillygoose Posts: 708 Member
    I'll take my chances being happily unarmed.
  • iris2811
    iris2811 Posts: 124 Member
    @cloggsy71 you're right about the Swiss and their riffles - they have conscription still and anyone who has served retains their weapon - till about ten years ago they had a pack amo as well

that thread really did make for interesting reading - I'm pleased my cycling routes are in the UK or in Germany on holiday :-)
  • GrayRider61
    GrayRider61 Posts: 337 Member
    I just carry some mace and a knife in my backpack (an Arkansas toothpick). Remember, if you pull a gun on someone, you have to be willing to use it.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    The scariest weapon most car drivers have is their vehicle and a lack of driving ability and concentration.
    I've had two big and several small collisions over the years caused by dopey drivers but despite loads of verbal aggression and some toe to toe posturing it's never progressed beyond that to actual violence in four decades of motorcycle and cycle use.
    Even if going armed was legal here it simply wouldn't seem proportionate. But that's an assessment that's individual depending on your particular circumstances.

I had someone shake their fist at me and ask "do you know what this is?".

They didn't seem pleased with my response "Yes I do - it's your lover, your only lover."