Go ride! It's good for you!

Options

Replies

• cessi0909
    cessi0909 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Love these! I rode Tuesday, it was a good one too. A friend at the barn is exercising 3 horses and has asked me to start helping. Woo hoo -- more rides!
  • luckypony71
    luckypony71 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Love this.
  • snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Good points made in these articles. Riding has so many great benefits mentally and physically. Thanks for posting them.
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Haven't seen my horses since last tuesday :( Maybe tomorrow, but not holding my breath..... Monday for sure.... double :(
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    @showjumper , that's a bummer you haven't seen the ponies :( I have seen mine, but have not ridden. I think my boy that I ride is having ulcer issues. He had been doing so well, but then he tried to buck me off the other day. It was after a couple of days when they didn't get to go outside because of ice. He also didn't get his alfalfa pellets because I am stupid and accidentally bought timothy pellets instead. He's back on alfalfa and ulcergard so hopefully he'll feel better in the next few days. I'm super bummed that he's sore because he's been going the best he's been since I bought him. I hope I can get him back before heading to Aiken!
  • showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    @crimsongrey do you put a back on track blanket on him at all? I swear by them!
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    @showjumper , I have not. I haven't been able to justify the price. I'm pretty sure it's ulcers causing him to tighten up so my focus is on that for now. However, I did buy myself a pair of BOT gloves and they are amazing so I bought hock boots as well. I would love to get the sheet or at least the back pad eventually.