Introductions

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Happy New Year UAC-January Members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• rsamuelsgold
    rsamuelsgold Posts: 391 Member
    Hi

I've been on MFP since August. I've lost about 13 pounds and my weight is currently yoyoing around 200 and 202 lbs. My ultimate goal is to get down to 130. But for now I'm focused on getting under 200.

I do Pop Pilates mostly and try to eat clean and stay hydrated.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    As I eat my 3rd cookie this morning ;) and it is snowing hard I figured i better join up for our group for January. Lets just say Dec I have not eaten near enough protein the last few weeks but I have eaten a lot of cookies.
  • Jarhead87
    Jarhead87 Posts: 22 Member
    Was excited when I ran across this group. I've been on MFP on and off for the last several years but this is the 1st time I've taken advantage of a Group/Community. I am looking forward to the accountability of making entries on a daily basis. If comradery or friendships develop along the way, bonus. Starting at @ 285 and truly need to get back below 200 for health reasons. I'm sure I have the same feelings/concerns as everyone else about my health conditions and overall appearance! Looking forward to it.
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    @LilyGetsFitNow I know how you feel. I hid from cameras for years. There are hardly any pictures of me with my grandchildren.
    I started my weight loss journey at the end of July 2016. I am not sure what day exactly. I turned 49 years old that month. I was miserable. I could barely move and was severely depressed. I weighed 330 pounds. Enough was enough and that most definitely was more than enough. I was sick and tired all the time (lots of health issues). I needed to make some major changes.
    My main goal is to lose 165 lbs./half my body weight. By the time I turn 50.
    I did not log any of my meals or exercise for the first 2.5 months. I am down to 264.4 lbs. and officially have less than 100 lbs. to lose (99.4 lbs. to be exact). I lost 65.6 lbs. in 5 months (that was my first mini goal).
    My next goal is to weigh less than 250 lbs. by February. I believe I can do it. If I eat below 1,250 calories and burn 500 calories a day. This challenge will help me a lot.
    Good luck to everyone here. I hope we all do very well in this monthly challenge.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    I'm ready! Here's to a great challenge and a successful 2017 for us all!
  • kiwanian
    kiwanian Posts: 4 Member
    Happy New Year!
    My goal for this month: log every day :smile:
    Establishing good habits
    - be more active (20 minutes + exercise)
    - cook more fresh food and eat in moderation
    - drink more water and sleep early
    Current weight goal: 168.4lbs
    Weight goal for Jan: Under 160lbs
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Hi everyone. This is my 3rd UAC. 3rd time lucky? I'm in the UK you so some of you might think I'm posting at odd times sometimes. I had a beautiful baby last year and have been trying to get healthier. I go back to work on Tuesday (just part-time luckily) so will need to find ways to adapt to that this month and fit in exercise and good food choices. Here's to a happy and healthy 2017 for us all. Good luck everyone!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    edited January 2017
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Welcome newcomers and veterans! This group has become my favorite part of MFP. The members thus far have been wonderful at sharing the ups and downs of their challenge, which has made my own obstacles easier to face and push through. If you commit 10 minutes of your evening to signing-in, posting, and contributing to the day's discussion, you are truly committing to stay mindful of your choices throughout the entire day. By the end of it, you either get to share your exciting accomplishments, or get the relief of admitting, acknowledging, and sorting through any slip-ups to a non-judgmental group of members that honestly want one another to succeed. I hope to see everyone signing-in, and even if you don't, I truly hope that you make every goal that you set for yourself!

My name is Kelsea, and this is my third UAC! I am 25 years old and heading to graduate school in be fall. In the meantime, I am working at a local hospital and focusing on improving different areas of my life, especially my health and self-perception.

One of my short term goals this month is to lose 7.6 lbs. Christmas got the best of me, and I fell terribly ill last week, so I didn't lose as much as I had hoped in December. However, I did have a very healthy holiday season overall, which I primarily credit this group for helping me accomplish by providing much inspiration and support. I may not make my weight goal this month, but I'm going to work very hard to get near it. My other goal is to MAKE THE WINNERS' CIRCLE! I haven't yet, but with the holidays behind us, I'm feeling like this is my month ;)

Feel free to friend me!
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Happy new year all. I've been with MFP for 3 or 4 years now and I've found it invaluable. I was ill and injuredfor a lot of 2016 and things have slipped (not to the start but a way from where I was) so I am back here to refocus for 2017.I wish everyone success for 2017 - and for the first months challenge.
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Hello, everyone!

I have 50 lbs to lose to reach my "back to college, feel the best" weight, but my focus right now is starting good, new habits and maintain them for a healthier lifestyle.
    My new habits include:
    1. Drink more water
    2. Go to bed before midnight
    3. Brush my teeth before 8:30p.m. and that's it for the day!
    4. Be active and move more
    5. Balanced meal and have portion in mind
    Also:
    1. learn Spanish
    2. learn a new instrument
    3. spend more time to do charity work
    4. starts a couch-to-5k program
    5. learn to declutter

Hopefully by the end of January, I will be able to complete this challenge (eat right, exercise and log progress daily), lose 1 lb/week and enjoy my new lifestyle.
    SW: 169.2 lbs
    GW: <165 lbs (end of January)
    HGW: 129.2 lbs (happy goal weight)
    UGW: 119.2 lbs (A girl can dream, right?! hahaha)
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Hello, everyone!

I have 50 lbs to lose to reach my "back to college, feel the best" weight, but my focus right now is to start good, new habits and maintain them for a healthier lifestyle.
    My new habits for right now include:
    1. Drink more water
    2. Go to bed before midnight
    3. Brush my teeth before 8:30p.m. and that's it for that day!
    4. Be active and move more
    5. Balanced meal and have portion in mind
    Also:
    1. learn Spanish
    2. learn a new instrument
    3. spend more time to do charity work
    4. starts a couch to 5k program
    5. learn to declutter

Hopefully by the end of January, I will be able to complete this challenge (eat right, exercise and log daily), lose 1 lb/week and enjoy my new lifestyle.