Low carb tips

Options
I am going back to low carb/keto because it has been good for me in the past...thing is, I've signed up to do one of the Beachbody challenges with their new MMA inspired workout, and the challenge comes with drinking Shakeology. I can fit the net carbs into my day, especially after a morning workout as a recovery drink--also, I really love the product and I have used it before when doing P90X a few years back.

My question is this: what can I put in the shakes that doesn't add extra carbs but lets me change up the flavors? I've already thought of natural peanut butter, unsweetened coconut and coconut milk, and spices. Also coffee...but what else?

Replies

• fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand these replacement shake things but can you add anything you like??? Egg cocoa or a hint of orange and chilli? Or mint leaves?
  • valerieblaydes
    valerieblaydes Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is something Beachbody sells--its expensive but basically it has all your multivitamin stuff, greens, antioxidant superfoods, fiber, and probiotics in one scoop, so they want you to drink it once a day when you're doing their workouts. I figure it will save me money on all that other stuff, plus keep my protein up. I'm not a fan of meal "replacements" per se, but I'll probably eat it with low carb toast and scrambled eggs. It's not enough satiety value for a meal for *me*, though it might be for small people.
  • fwitsend1277
    fwitsend1277 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Okay...does it come in flavours like body building shakes?
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    Yeah, exactly like that. My "coach" (i.e. The Facebook friend who's getting a discount to peddle this stuff to her friends--I'm only a wee bit sarcastic here) suggested I throw green leafy stuff in there...I hadn't thought of that idea, but it's a good one. I ordered chocolate, so I'm thinking nuts would be tastiest. More cocoa would probably hide the taste of extra greens.
  • valerieblaydes
    Options
    This is what it has in it already. And the nutrition info I'm working with:
    asj9ckzzfmj1.png
    rivq8kr3bops.png