Today is the day!

Good Morning team!

It's January first, time to start and rock it this challenge.

My school year is about to pick up again and I've been thinking about what I usually share with my classes at the beginning of the year, or semester, and it was a good reminder to myself about what we are about to do so I wanted to share some words of encouragement to you to start our journey.

We are about to do something that is out of our comfort zone. It will be hard but it will also be rewarding. Some days we will fail but when we fail we also learn. Perfect is never expected but practice is necessary. The more you practice the easier your task will become and you will become better. Practice also requires you to put in time and effort. If we don't put in time and effort it will show in our results. We are also in a safe space so while you may be learning to work independently (which is scary at times) you are also surrounded by friends who are always willing to talk through problems without judgement.

I'm glad that I have a team to back me up and I look forward to positive changes this year.

Christina

Replies

• docarndt402
    docarndt402 Posts: 14 Member
    I got your back girl :)...I'm sure I'm going to have more than a few questions!
  • drn8chiro
    drn8chiro Posts: 9 Member
    Looking forward to working with all of you. Remember the start of this is going to be trial and error. I have done zone before but never with a true break down of calories and macros. This is just as much a test of the zone method as it is out challenge. Give yourself some leeway to find what works. For example, today I ate my blocked out breakfast and first snack and I'm WAY high in fat so I need to strategize the rest of my day to be low fat and get in some carbs. Easy peezy, bring on chicken and broccoli.
  • drn8chiro
    And just like that, with a low fat lunch of 4 oz chicken breast 2 cups of raw carrot and an apple I'm back on track! b8lagr71zobe.png
  • Nelsonchristina18
    Nelsonchristina18 Posts: 51 Member
    This is going to take some balancing but it will be good!

I'm starting off by waking up sicker than I've been in a long time so I'm trying to keep up. Pushing fluids and getting some good nutrition.
  • drn8chiro
    I just wan toy to know the lengths I went to for my team! This was my dinner to save my macro point! 7egg whites and broccoli. homln4nxq0te.jpg
  • Nelsonchristina18
    Nelsonchristina18 Posts: 51 Member
    You are truly inspiring and a great teammate. The macro/calorie balance is interesting. As someone who is working with body by carbs I have much to learn.