Sign-in, January 2

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    ir7pq8zkm5o1.jpg
    My 86 year old mother, Gloria, is becoming more frail everyday. When you sign in today, I'll have left the Chicago metro area to go about 5 hours south to be with my Mom at this hospital. I'll probably do my daily report, but I will not be able to reach out and encourage you as I wish to. Please pick up my baton and encourage each other!
    I will probably not be back tomorrow either.
    Thanks, Rick
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Rick - so sorry to hear of the health of your mom. You and your family are in my thoughts....

Definitely more than twenty minutes of exercise but I think January first and second will still be pass days for me... We are going to the Cheesecake Factory tonight and I think the lowest calorie dinner is still in the four digits... Ugh.

Tomorrow I will get back to work though for man reasons, top of which is I came up pre-diabetic (runs in the family) in blood tests this December so the 2017 goal is to get that back to normal.

Hope everyone is doing well, I'll be thinking about you Rick....
  • sal144
    sal144 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

• NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL You and your family will be in my prayers. May God bless you and yours.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? I walked for 80 minutes, 75 minutes of food prep and 30 minutes cleaning.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes, 1245/1250 calories.
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • bocasdelbob
    bocasdelbob Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Rick, Hoping for the best for you and your mom.

exercise: light duty. 30 minutes walking.
    budget: 50 or 60 cals left over
    tracking: yes

• cdjackson568
    cdjackson568 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Exercise 20 min walk
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Rick, you are in my thoughts at this hard time. Please update us when you can on how she is doing. Your mom has a beautiful name; that was my mother's name. :) We will be here for you!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES -- got to the gym and did my bike and treadmill routine for about 80 minutes. Halfway through my workout my Fitbit stopped recording the steps because I think a little too much sweat got on it...lol! I have the clip-on style, not the band. That happens very occasionally but hasn't in a long time. Fortunately, when I got home, it started working again, but the steps are gone. Oh well, I had my HRM on and was able to keep track of my cals burned.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL My heart is with you and your family! I think it is wonderful that you are traveling to be with her. Your mother is lucky to have you.

Exercise? Yes; 50 minutes of walking
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

The hospital is understaffed, so I ended up working 16.5 hours. Thankfully, I walked to work today, so that and a 20 minute walk on my break covered my exercise goal. It will be nice to have a long session at the gym tomorrow, however.
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Rick,
    You, Gloria and family are in my prayers and thoughts. What a comfort it must be to have you nearby.

Good job to all the 20-minute exercisers. You made a commitment to yourselves and you made it work! That's the power of this simple challenge.

@Am_change, good luck to you and baby tomorrow for your first day back!

JAN 2 - Yes x 3. Big day: AM power yoga, noon body pump, and afternoon 2.5 mile mall-waking with a friend. (I've never mall-walked, but it's raining, again! It's a slower paced walk due to all the people, and could be costly if it became a habit. You can't help but window shop!)

• ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL, I'm so sorry to hear of your mother's poor health. Safe travels to you and hope she will be uplifted and strengthened by your visit. My heart goes out to you.

1/2:
    Exercise-30 minute run. So happy to get back to my running, even though I had to run on a treadmill because of the heavy rain today.
    Calories- yes;
    Tracking-yes
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    2017/1/2

Exercise: Yes.30 mins ice skating
    Calories: Pass
    Tracking: Pass

So sorry about your mom Rick. Good luck!
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes x3 again for today. My power went out before I hit the treadmill tonight, so exercise was odds and ends I remembered from doing videos before. Thank God for my dumbbells and kettlebell! Prayers for your mother, Rick!
  • minniemouse2155
    minniemouse2155 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes
  • danzrlove
    danzrlove Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Exercise ✔️
    Calories ✔️
    Tracked✔️
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Rick, my prayers are with you.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? 25- bike and walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Barely, by 9 calories
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes, I did!