New Here

Options
Bekah7482
Bekah7482 Posts: 247 Member
Hello All,

I am 26 and need to lose a lot of weight.

I have done a lot of research and feel like getting the sleeve is the right thing to do for me. My surgeon highly recommended that I do the bypass but has ultimately said that I could get the sleeve. I have 25 more lbs to lose before I can be approved for surgery and my goal is to have my surgery in late Feb early March.

Any support in this process would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all =)

Replies

• kc82
    kc82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome! Way to go on reaching your goals! I was also told RNY would be my best bet, however I'm almost 4 years out from the Sleeve and very happy! I've been maintaining a 150 lb weight loss This is your journey, so do what's right for you! Feel free to add me if you'd like. :)
  • Nodnarb130
    Nodnarb130 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey Bekah, I just had my sleeve 10/27/16 so I'm fairly new to the whole experience myself. I know you made this post about a month and a half ago, was wondering how everything is going since this post? :smile:
  • Bekah7482
    Options
    Hey Bekah, I just had my sleeve 10/27/16 so I'm fairly new to the whole experience myself. I know you made this post about a month and a half ago, was wondering how everything is going since this post? :smile:

Everything has been alright. I hit my goal weight at the beginning of last week but my program is running really behind due to be down a psychologist. I have a psych eval scheduled for March 24th but I have been calling them hoping to get a cancellation appointment earlier then that. Surgeries are already scheduled out into April so it is unfortunately still going to be a few months until I can get in for surgery. It's frustrating but I am hanging in there and am still losing as much weight as I can on my own.
  • Lisidy
    Lisidy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bekah7482 wrote: »
    I am hanging in there and am still losing as much weight as I can on my own.

@Bekah7482 - You're kicking butt!
  • Bekah7482
    Options
    Lisidy wrote: »
    I am hanging in there and am still losing as much weight as I can on my own.

@Bekah7482 - You're kicking butt!

Thanks =) I hit a rough spot at the end of last week when they said it could be another 3 months until they could fit me into surgery. I gained a few but my boyfriend really helped kick me in the butt and remind me why I cant stop now. You guys on here have been so good at keeping me motivated and reminding me to keep my eye on the prize.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The delays can be frustrating, but every pound you lose before surgery makes it easier to hit goal during the honeymoon period of roughly the first year and it helps ingrain the necessary habits. Stay strong and it sounds like you have a good supportive boyfriend.
  • Bekah7482
    Options
    rpyle111 wrote: »
    The delays can be frustrating, but every pound you lose before surgery makes it easier to hit goal during the honeymoon period of roughly the first year and it helps ingrain the necessary habits. Stay strong and it sounds like you have a good supportive boyfriend.

That's what I keep telling myself. I also said that I didnt want to lose 40lbs in 8 weeks and then see my surgeon 8 weeks later and have not kept losing weight. If I am really committed to doing this then them pushing out my surgery shouldn't be stalling my weight loss
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I could not agree more that the more you can lose pre-op, the better! Good for you for being pro-active-- also, it will help you develop good habits that you will definitely need post-op. Keep up the good work!
  • Nodnarb130
    Nodnarb130 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's frustrating but I am hanging in there and am still losing as much weight as I can on my own.

Ive never quoted before, so if I butchered that, my bad lol

Anyways, good on you for keeping strong and enduring the frustrations of dealing with all the pre-op loops you gotta jump through. It can be a pain but it is so worth it! Keep up the great work! And definitely feel free to vent any frustrations or share any praises with us, I'm sure I speak for several here in that we are more than willing to be supportive however we can :smile: there are some really good people here for ya!