Rogue One [SPOILERS]

Options
Escloflowne
Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
edited December 2016 in Social Groups
So what did you guys think?

I thought it was great and would have been perfect if they would have removed all the one liners from all the characters except K-2SO, the jokes from Chirrut and Vader were just so out of place and actually made me roll my eyes and cringe.

Of course they made up for it completely in the last 5 minutes but still...

Aslo I really wanted Chirrut to sigh when he was hiding at the bunker and say something like "I swore I would never do this again" and take apart his bo staff and light up a saber...

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Solid movie... a bit long... just wish that there had been more humor... what there was did seem forced and out of place.

Happy with it though! But definitely darker than what we're used to. I won't be taking my kids for sure.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I hated the humour, it was the first time we saw that this is really a war. so many casualties and the rebels were not above killing either, I really liked that.
  • fjpetruccelli
    fjpetruccelli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Liked it so much I am going to see it again tomorrow this time in IMAX and 3D. I get what you are all saying about the humor but in times of great strife and darkness it is humor that gets us through, so maybe is the same in this case. Was real happy with the score, which I was worried about without John Williams behind the podium. Especially impressed because composer Michael Giacchino had less time to write it than usual. B)
  • pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Did Michael Giacchino score any of the new Trek films? There were a couple of moments in Rogue One where the score was really reminiscent of the Trek films.

I thought it was a good, solid stand alone/backstory, though the planet hopping cuts in the beginning weren't as seemless as I would have liked. I expected that it was going to end the way it did, but it still jabbed my emotions.

I don't care that Chirrut Îmwe wasn't a true master; he's now my favorite jedi.
  • fjpetruccelli
    fjpetruccelli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Did Michael Giacchino score any of the new Trek films? There were a couple of moments in Rogue One where the score was really reminiscent of the Trek films.

Good ears pandahead76! You are correct Michael Giacchino did score all the newest Trek films, brilliantly IMHO. After LucasFilms dropped Alexander Desplate when they did the reshoots they brought on Michael Giacchino and he had only 4 weeks to score the whole film. Not a John Williams score but still a great job under what I am sure was tremendous pressure. :smiley:
  • pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Good ears pandahead76! You are correct Michael Giacchino did score all the newest Trek films, brilliantly IMHO. After LucasFilms dropped Alexander Desplate when they did the reshoots they brought on Michael Giacchino and he had only 4 weeks to score the whole film. Not a John Williams score but still a great job under what I am sure was tremendous pressure. :smiley:

4 weeks? Good golly! The score was gorgeous.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Liked it so much I am going to see it again tomorrow this time in IMAX and 3D. I get what you are all saying about the humor but in times of great strife and darkness it is humor that gets us through, so maybe is the same in this case. Was real happy with the score, which I was worried about without John Williams behind the podium. Especially impressed because composer Michael Giacchino had less time to write it than usual. B)

I saw it in Imax 3D lol. I'm honestly still not sure it's ever really worth the extra money but whatever.

I kinda want to see it again too but I'm not sure when I'll be able to before it comes out in Blu-ray.
  • phoenixiam
    phoenixiam Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed the movie and will see it again. I did love the robot and the last 5 minutes of the film was great.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it. Lots of action and as others said, the movie highlighted the fact there is a war going on. I am curious about many of the scenes they did reshoots on and looking forward to it on the Blu-ray release for more details.