Sign-in, January 6

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I love those bouncy balls they should make them for adults. Have bouncy classes. Lol
    Glad to hear the good news! :) maybe by tomorrow I will have my computer. Till later. Sue
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL I bet the doctor was delighted. As are your family of course!

@2020pinktogo you can! I did a ridiculous sponsored 5k a few months ago called the Super Obstacle Rush . You had to go over and under all sorts of inflatables every 200m and for about 50m in one section you used the bouncy balls. Or space hoppers we call them here. My sister hit me over the head with ours when we were little. Might explain a lot!
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Great news about Gloria! (a beautiful name, btw)

One of the wonderful things about living in the south is a SNOW DAY! Can't drive, can't go to work, guess it's time for SNOW WALK!b52boj9eohec.jpg

This little bit of snow will paralyze the city. If the temp doesn't rise today, we will have a sheet of ice on every street tomorrow.

Thanks to my Portland Oregon niece and nephew for the YakTrax. Very timely.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your snow day @fitqueenbess ! It's the same where I live and so it always seems a waste when it hits at the weekend when I'm off work anyway!

Yes x 3 if I don't succumb to another glass of wine. It's been a long day. I work with kids who may be similar to those @bocasdelbob kindly helps out with. And while there are often great days filled with laughter and fun and precious moments today had a bit too much spitting, biting and melt downs to go down as one of those.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Snow in the south! Wow, fun pic @fitqueenbess. It is plenty cold here (to me, but not to many of you I realize) and they will get lots of snow on the Sierra mountains this weekend. No snow (ever) for us sea level Californians though. Off to a town about an hour away for my older son's high school soccer game. Wearing wool socks and bringing my portable propane heater. I went to an early spin class today, and hope to also walk for an hour during team warms up.
  • LilyGetsFitNow
    LilyGetsFitNow Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm too far south because the snow hasn't reached us yet, lol. Supposedly we are supposed to get some flurries early tomorrow morning, but we will see. The weathermen like to tease us here about snow and it rarely comes!

Exercise? I did the exercise bike again for 30 minutes. I wanted to take a walk today but its been raining all day. Yes, I could go out in it, and if it wasn't also in the 40s here I definitely would, but being indoor in my warm house bicycling is good for now!
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well, I've tracked my calories and stayed under, but today will have to be pass day #1. I've struggled with a headache all day and now nausea, so I don't think I should push myself to exercise.
  • deadchipmunk
    deadchipmunk Posts: 425 Member
    Options

Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes

(Lovely snow here for me as well. I drive a snow plow (a low riding sports car) so here's to hoping the roads are cleared up before my out of town work trip. I normally at my home office. Everyone - enjoy your flurries and stay warm!)
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news Rick. Thank God for answered prayers.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. I used the rebounder twice today for 30 minutes each time. Did a lot of Cooking and food prep.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes. I had Vitamix Ice cream for dinner. Now I am freezing. I should exercise some more to warm up.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes

• hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that Gloria is doing much better!
    I used to bave a bounce ball till my cat popped it (12 years ago), maybe it's time for me to get a new one!
    Exercise: 20 minutes clean the house
    Yes for eat under calorie budget and tracked them, though I am very tempted to have a piece of chocolate turron!!! I better brush my teeth now!
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I am happy for your news.
    Yes, yes, yes. The bike once more.
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options

Exercise: 25 min walk
    Calories: Yes, under 1900
    Tracking: Yes

Thanks Rick for this challenge, without it I definitely wouldn't have exercised today but knowing I had to post my day I dragged my butt onto the treadmill.

So true! That's why i love challenges like this!

Well done everybody !
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL I am so happy to hear that your mom is doing better!

@RunningMom1038 I hope you feel better soon! Becoming ill sure puts a damper on your fitness goals. Great work on your calories and tracking, though!

Exercise? Yes; 36 minutes of strength training, a 30 minute walk, and 45 minutes of walking.
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

It is another blustery day outside. I debated walking to work for some extra cardio and deciding on going for it, since I wasn't sure that my car would start anyway. My walk home will be -14*F! Thank goodness for thick winter weather gear haha! I hope everyone is staying dry and warm!
  • RunningMom1038
    Options
    Well, I've tracked my calories and stayed under, but today will have to be pass day #1. I've struggled with a headache all day and now nausea, so I don't think I should push myself to exercise.

Scratch that - I was able to off my headache. So I went ahead and hopped on the treadmill for a 30-minute walk. So no pass day yet!

And thank you, Pears734!
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    This was a fun day! My Mom's situation is stable...for now. I have two guests from Costa Rica, the land of eternal summer. They are freezing. It was zero F., and -17 C.
    Tomorrow, we get in our car and head for Phoenix, AZ. As you know, I am 66 and I'm married to a great gal named, Rose. For some unknown reason, Rose thinks that we should be snowbirds who migrate to warmer climes in the winter. Well, I encouraged Rose to buy a condo in Phoenix, AZ. I promised to be there at least 30 days this winter. So, tomorrow, we head toward her condo in Phoenix. Her car, with her dog and our two Costa Rican friends.
    Today's report:
    Calories: just fine
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: the minimum in my home gym. equals Ok
  • RunningMom1038
    edited January 2017
    Options

Scratch that - I was able to off my headache. So I went ahead and hopped on the treadmill for a 30-minute walk. So no pass day yet!

Should say "nap off my headache." :D
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we need a bouncy ball challenge!

Yes x 3!!