need smallish Multivitamin recommendation

Options
I need something fairly small, that is easily swallowable whole. I can't do chewable multivits (unless they're small enough to swallow whole). Can't tolerate big multivitamins- something in multivitamins has always (even pre-VSG) made me gag and shudder. It's bad enough trying to down 6 horse pills a day for calcium (I usually only get four).

I thought I'd found the perfect small yellow multivit. Ordered 3 new bottles - only to find they'd changed their formula to a large flat wafer - ugh. Sent them all back. YAY, Amazon.

HELP!

Replies

• Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I've had good success with the Bariatric Advantage brand. I use the one with the iron; it is a gel capsule. I sometimes even just throw them into my bottle of water with a flavored drink mix and let it dissolve. It has to be agitated frequently but it has eliminated most of the stomach upset that I periodically experience.

For calcium, I use the Bariatric Advantage calcium chews. I like the orange or strawberry flavors best; they are kind of like a Starburst...
  • akindofmagick
    akindofmagick Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I tried the BA chocolate and caramel calcium chews and got sick of them. Will see if I can get a sample of the new flavors, and a couple of gel caps.
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I use the chewable multi vitamin from the Bariatric Eating website, they're called Journey Bariatric Multi 3+3. I can not swallow pills/capsules anymore and i was having a hard time with the chewables, until i got these. I like both the orange and berry flavor but the orange is less sweet. There's no after taste with them either, which i love!
  • dcc56
    dcc56 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I use the Walmart brand generic Flintstones children's chewable multi vitamins. They also contain the necessary iron. Not sure why you don't want the chewable ones. These cost about $8 for 150, I take two a day.
  • akindofmagick
    Options
    I can't stand the aftertaste of vitamins, so can't chew them. They've always gagged me. Pretty much all vitamins, unless they're like the D3 type: clear, small, football shaped. Have to swallow them whole, preferably with yogurt. I have never been able to take any vitamins on an empty stomach - causes nausea within moments.
  • ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    How about a multivitamin patch? I have been using one for over 3 months now. Email me and I will send you a few links of where you can obtain them.
  • akindofmagick
    Options
    Thanks, but I've given up on bariatric vitamins, and am using ordinary One A Day chewable gummies from Costco. Very reasonably priced, and no problem getting them down.

I've developed a band-aid allergy in the past few years, so am very wary of any form of adhesives on my skin. Even contact with Scotch tape (e.g. whilst wrapping packages) for just a moment leaves red patches on my skin that can take a couple of days to resolve.