New to Beachbody - program recommendations?

Options
I'm trying to find the best program/get some recommendations!

I have about 50 lbs to lose and I'm crazy out of shape. I just started spin classes that I'll be continuing throughout next semester too, if that matters!

I've heard great things about P90X, but I'm a full-time student and working 20 hours a week. I'd PREFER a shorter workout, but if it's truly the best, then I'll make it work. I've also heard good things about Power 90, but I worry that is too 'easy'/dull to continue for 90 days.

Replies

• jeromeloresco05
    jeromeloresco05 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    p90x3 is 30 minute workouts with great variety. It can be easy but it is definitely hard if you push yourself. Also what equipment do you have available? and what do you want to accomplish? Do you prefer cardio over weightlifting vice versa or a good balance of both?
  • Misspinklift
    Misspinklift Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    T25 or Piyo
  • sarabeth120
    sarabeth120 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have done Insanity and T25 twice and I have done Insanity Max 30 once and love them all. Though, based on your time restraints, Insanity Max 30 and T25 would be your best best. Both are thirty minutes or under. The first month of Insanity has workouts that are only about thirty minutes, but during the second month, some of the workouts are an hour long.

I would recommend you start with T25 as it's a little lower intensity than Insanity Max. Insanity Max was hard. I felt like it nearly killed me and that was after I had completed two rounds of Insanity and T25.

• bethinmass
    bethinmass Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love my T25. With time constraints and starting out was a win for me.
  • jenndelgado
    jenndelgado Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    First I would like to tell you great job in choosing to improve your health and your life with deciding to workout. I know that working out and eating right and doing all that stuff is not easy, but it will be worth it. I totally am glad that you want to lose 50lbs and I know that you can do it. I also want to let you know that it will take time and patience.

I say this because I started working out with Beachbody 6 months ago and I've lost about 24 lbs. I know that that is great and everyone has different results and I want to remind you that *we are all different and we all get different results at different paces*. You can do this, because you have already taken the first step to committing yourself.

I know many people have recommended different programs but have you looked into Beachbody on Demand. It's free the first 30 days and after that it's like 12-13 bucks a month (like Netflix). Reason I suggest it is because there are a whole slew of Beachbody programs you can choose from so you can get a taste of what you are into and what you like.

Now me personally when I started I started with Turbo Jam because it was fun/slightly cheesy but effective. I lost 9.6 lbs with 2 months of doing that. I progressed to Chalean Extreme lost about another approx 10 lbs and now am doing Turbo Fire and have lost 4.4lbs in a month. I've progressed from easier to more difficult workouts and I love BOD because it gives me variety and a lot of information to help me in my fitness journey. Check it out and they also have previews to the other workouts like Piyo/Cize and others. Also they have 10 min trainer which is a good beginner program if you are on limited time constraints and schedules.
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I would suggest 21 Day Fix. They are 30 minutes a day 7 days a week for 3 weeks.
  • joeyzuraski
    joeyzuraski Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My best option for my physical conditions is Focus T25. Weights, Cardio, Modifier Edition.
  • bryndaira
    bryndaira Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the 21 day fix program so far. I was getting back into working out and found it, its not so crazy that I had a hard time following it and looking/feeling like a spaz but you can also up the ante' as you get more into shape. Good Luck!!
  • teddyrichards
    teddyrichards Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I like t25 also core de force do t25 in morning core de force afternoon
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Oct-Hero-CoredeForce.jpg
  • teddyrichards
    teddyrichards Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just started core de force seem fun and easy I do the mma part ok workout but seems a little easy for a 240 lb 63 year old guy. I like it but am not sure I'm erring enough work from it. Does anybody know how many calories it burns. The t25 had a website to figure calories burned.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    i like turbo jam, 21 day fix and i did cize and am now doing country heat. I like the dance routines.
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Either the original Power 90 or the new P90.