Sign-in, January 8

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL I love your commitment. Thank you for doing this for all of us. I hope you have a wonderful time in Arizona.
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I bet it's hard to lead this group from an iPad. I feel the warmth, @RangerRickL! Thanks for being that guy.
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    It's Sunday morning and I'm in a Comfort Inn in Kansas City, MO. Checking in via my phone. Yesterday, I stopped by my Mom and step Dad's to make sure they were ok. Mom has more energy so she has regained her crankiness. It this point, I take that as a good sign. How we feel about things all depends on our point of view. One of the biggest lessons that I have ever learned is that we each can choose our own attitude about things.
    Today, I am ok with a cranky 86 year old Mom!
    I'll try to check in again later.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I too went to my parents. My dad goes by the way I pushed something and the printer won't work. So I bought them a new phone fixed the printer set everything up .I am so tired I think I need a nap.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Have fun in Arizona! I'd do anything to escape the icky cold...brrr!!! I've always wanted to visit the Grand Canyon, too!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    I promise tomorrow I will get exercise in, unless I count vacuuming my house and washing the floors. Hubby and I went to replace my sister's battery and it was the wrong one
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Thank you @RangerRickL ! And have a great trip! I hope you're better at long journeys than me. They make me ravenous!

@lamlam2013 I definitely would include all that housework. It will have burnt extra calories. I'm including housework as part of my exercise for today. And the probably a miles worth of extra steps as I retraced my steps looking for my lost phone...it was in a book I'd closed around it . Doh!

Yes x 3
  • deadchipmunk
    deadchipmunk Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes

(I did my 20 on the home gym.)

And @lamlam2013 vacuuming the stairs or doing my hardwoods, whew, much more difficult than doing 20 on the home gym. Which reminds me that I have not done the stairs...
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure 90 min or so of sledding with the kid counts as exercise. I will feel achy tomorrow.
    Food is all tracked and under calories. Sodium not so good since we got Chinese take out
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    JANUARY 8 - @lamlam2013 Productive exercise is called work! Count it, for sure. Fun exercise like sledding from @ICameToGetDown totally counts, too. It just doesn't clean the floors.

Yes x 3 for me, to include a 4 mile hike through the snowy woods, plus grocery, cooking, and miscellaneous, but no floors.

I'm going to check out a new power yoga class tomorrow morning at 6. I'd better go get my ducks in a row.
  • cdjackson568
    cdjackson568 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Exercise 25 min walk
    Calories Yes
    Tracking Yes
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Cranky mom means you have more opportunities to spoil her :smile:
    I ate above my calorie limit even though I ate almost everything healthy... log everything and clean the house for 20 minutes (but I am going to do a bit more now to see if I can raise enough for my calorie budget before midnight!)
    School starts tomorrow, so hopefully normal schedule starts with better results (and move more!)
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 38 minutes of strength training, a 50 minute run, and 32 minutes of walking
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    I helped my mom (again) with Netflix. Was going to set up Spotify for her as well.... but the Netflix was enough for her to absorb in one day. LOL.

@RangerRickL - I love tech gear, so any excuse to get a laptop works for me. Seriously, I do truly appreciate you doing such an amazing job for our group!! Enjoy the snowbird life.

I worked out at the gym today since it was pouring rain all day. Got a good burn in even if I didn't get the sunshine fix to my brain.

Exercise Yes, 30 min StepMill, 20 min elliptical, 20 min stationary bike .
    Calories Yes
    Tracking Yes
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL come to Vegas.
    Glad to hear your moms is cranky. It's a good sign.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Exercised for 40 minutes.
    Stayed under calorie budget.
    Tracked everything!
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I ate above my calorie limit even though I ate almost everything healthy... log everything and clean the house for 20 minutes (but I am going to do a bit more now to see if I can raise enough for my calorie budget before midnight)

Update: yes, right on track! 3 Yes for today!
  • lsabeIIe
    lsabeIIe Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I did some food prep today! yay!

Exercise: No
    Calories: yes
    Tracking yes