Sign-in, January 9

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    d4qfoquevesm.jpg
    My wife, Rose, and I are of the Tortoise style. We prefer to take the slow road and enjoy the relationships along the way. Life is short and we enjoy relationship. What about you? Are you a tortoise or a hare? Which would you rather be? There is no wrong answer. There is often more than one right answer. What is your right answer?
    Love, Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Definitely the hare when it comes to relationships.
    I went to the company xmas party and sized up who was buddy buddy with who. I take everything slow and steady. Guess I have an issue with trust.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It makes me think of that bit near the end of Dirty Dancing. I've just googled it:
    -It's that it all seems to be ending.
    -You think kids want to come with their parents and take fox-trot lessons?
    -Trips to Europe, that's what the kids want.
    -Twenty-two countries in three days.

I'm definitely much more of a slow tortoise and prefer to really get to know somewhere. I worked abroad in different places a bit when I was younger and always ready got to know the place and people. Others would get on a plane somewhere different nearby each weekend to say they had "done" a country. What?! Sorry, off track from relationships... I'm also slow and steady. And in weight loss.

Back to today yes x 3. On Tuesday's I've been going to a sign language class. My classmates bring treats. I'm not going to have any. I've said it here now so I'll have to stick with it.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Very interesting question. I am a tortoise. I spent years consistently going to school, training, working towards goals, and designing and following up long term research projects. "Delayed Gratification" is a mantra in my field. So, it occurs to me: why would I expect weight loss to be quick or easy? Sometimes I get frustrated with weight loss, and would do well to remember that those small steps over time have worked well for me in other areas of my life.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
  • deadchipmunk
    deadchipmunk Posts: 425 Member
    Options

Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes

Interesting question Rick. I'm surely both. Although my exes would said I'm a hare... :p
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I am a Tortoise. I like to take my time and do things right. When I rush to do anything, I mess it up. Then I have to go back and do it slowly. It ends up taking longer to fix. Than what It would have taken had I done it right in the first place. In that sense I am the hare, sometimes. But that is when someone is rushing me. It bothers me and I get frustrated. Sometimes I wonder if I subconsciously mess things up on purpose. That way it will take longer and they have to wait longer. Just to teach them a lesson about rushing me. LOL I am a little Ornery.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; a 60 minute run and 32 minutes of walking to and from work
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

I am both a tortoise and a hare. I used to be all tortoise, which left me feeling drained and stressed out. Now, I'm a hare when I remind myself to be. I'm in a transitioning process with a final goal of appreciating what's around me rather than rushing ahead to the next project.
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I am a bit of both. Personal life tortoise, professional a hare.

I am in another challenge group that started today, so you guys will get the benefit of my swelfies.
    Today was MMA Speed. No idea what was up with my watch.
    Foods all tracked and at target.

6yg1rqksoemb.jpg
  • LilyGetsFitNow
    LilyGetsFitNow Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes
    Calories? Yes
    Tracked? Yes

I would say I'm a hare. It's hard for me to slow down for much. I feel as if I'm always jumping from one thing to the next without much time to enjoy the moment. I want to be more like the tortoise but with four kids and a busy work schedule I just don't have much of that opportunity right now.
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I am a tortoise for sure.

Yes, yes, yes (aerodyne bike).
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Oops: log the answers in the wrong thread jan 8.

This is the first day I can proudly say I did REAL exercise for 20+ minutes (walk with my friends for 45 minutes) instead of cleaning my house; also yes for eating within calorie budget and log everything.

I am both... but hubby just said I am a hare...go go go till I run out of energy (doesn't pace myself well)! Hahahhaa! When I am into something, I am all in and then I need to take a break
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    JANUARY 9 - I'm afraid I'm a tortoise. I was trying to imagine my flexible, agile, quick-to-jump hare side, but nope, not much there. I'm a tortoise.

Yes x 3 for me: Killer morning yoga class, noon body pump. I'm tired, and maybe over did it.
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes
    Calories: yes
    Tracking: yes

• RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Yes for all 3! I did a Fitness Blender strengrh-training workout and a 20-minute walk for exercise.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Not my best day but I did track
    Ex- yes
    Cals- no
    Track- yes
    Pass day #1
  • Elle_phant
    Elle_phant Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Date : January 9th
    Food : 1210/1961 calories
    Exercise : 120/20 minutes (cleaning)
  • cdjackson568
    cdjackson568 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Exercise 25 min walk
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • Sidaleeyaya
    Sidaleeyaya Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    1/10/17

Exercise - Yes (Walking 25 minutes & 1 hours of household running around)
    Calories - Yes ... but it was close
    Tracking - Yes