remedies

Options
Hi all,
I was so glad to find this group today as I have tried to start a discussion in my PCOS group. I went on vacation a week ago and I noticed that swimming constantly in a salt water pool and the ocean caused me to not have a flare up at all in the location on my inner thigh that has been the problem. It usually comes every month with my period. However, it may just have been that my period was a little late so was it. Anyway, I wanted to also share the process I developed for treating it to maybe help others or get some more tips if you have any on what I should do.

1) as an ongoing precaution and attempt to curb flareups I use hibaclens wash and tea tree and vitamin E cream everyday
2) when start feeling any pain or swelling I start using 'Boilease' every day to help curb it and ease the pain
3) next when the lump reaches a larger size that is painful or feels like it might burst accidentally or randomly during walking, I use 'Ichthemmol' oilment which thins the skin and helps it burst without painful (and frankly disturbing) squeezing. I put this on and put a large bandage on it, after a day and night it will have burst and dizzolved into the bandage.
4) next I us a non paraben benzoyl peroxide cream called 'Dr. Lins'. this causes it to heal

5) Finally, once it heals and goes back down completely I start the regular hibaclens and tea tree and vitamin E cream everyday again. I also use hibaclens wash everyday during the above steps as well.

Mine swells up every month during my period, lasts about 2 weeks and then disapears again. It doesn't really hurt much until it is about to pop on its own, then I need to take precaution. I also avoid swimming or going outdoors during this time to avoid infection.

Replies

• Twinkleeeeeeeee80
    Twinkleeeeeeeee80 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi there, just wanted to share an update as I skipped the flare up all together last month! I had a really bad new one on my inner thigh in a different spot the month before last. For the first time I had to use a syringe to drain it. I know that is gross and frowned apon but I used alcohol wipes and surgical gloves and was very careful. I used benzoyl peroxide and hibaclens to wash following. But this month I started running and walking again and I didn't flare up at all. It is pretty interesting and I'm wondering if the exercise is what curbed it. I have heard people saying it helps, but didn't think it would make it disappear all together! hooray! Now I am bracing myself for this coming month as things could change.

I have also been using a benzoyl peroxide cream cleanser and it has worked very well on my face. I get very bad hormonal acne that is basically HS on my face. Large swells with fluid. It really dries things up and helps heal as well as remove dark spots faster.
  • MyTurnNow2018
    MyTurnNow2018 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    How are things now ? Has exercise been helping still?