Any Plant based or vegan LGBT?

Options

Replies

• RzRzRzR
    RzRzRzR Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Forks over knives is a great movie. There are some vegan/veg meetups in NJ. There may be some in your area too.
  • jamielikesyou
    jamielikesyou Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just started my 2nd week going vegan. Adjusting super well, I found some local markets and chains that sell some really great produce and finding so many delicious recipies from various communities. Having issues with dairy have made the switch much easier as I find I have far less digestive upset the past week than when I was actively consuming meat/dairy. Eaiser to stick with my diet plan as well :)
  • alexelimayhem
    alexelimayhem Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for what will be 4 years in August! Spent most of that time as a junk food vegan, to be honest, though, hah.
  • Pascooty
    Pascooty Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Allo, I've been vegetarian for about 24 years. I've often thought of going vegan but I loved cheese so much. Perhaps that will change as I become a healthier vegetarian! I'm always looking for healthy recipe ideas. Oh, and I became vegetarian for ethical reasons (I grew up on a farm where meat was served with pretty much every meal - we had our own chickens, laying hens, pigs, lambs, milk cows and cattle).
  • suzetters
    suzetters Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    started Fuhrman's Eat to Live 2 weeks ago and it's been working well, Forks Over Knives was educational for me
  • SnowWhite767
    SnowWhite767 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian and have been for 11 years, but I am by no means super healthy. Add me! I need similar friends on here.
  • kaitmunro
    kaitmunro Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mostly plant based. I do eat fish and dairy on occasion, but trying to go back to veganism.
  • mzuls
    mzuls Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm transitioning to a vegan way of living. Happy to make friends here.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for about 9 years.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Ive been vegetarian almost 9 months now,try to be mainly plant based and only buy vegan groceries.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Ovo vegetarian here but I still check if products are tested and what not, the eggs I d eat I get from an old lady who has 3 chickens.
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    been vegetarian 19 years, vegan for the last 2 :)
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Oh wow old reply, I am a vegan again, !!!
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i've been vegan for 2 years!
  • thinalini
    thinalini Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and try to keep a low dairy intake. Vegetarian since I was 9 and started cutting down on my dairy about 2-3 years ago. I feel much better with less cheese. And I love almond milk.

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian- was vegan for a while and then fell right off that wagon and this time 'round I'm working on incorporating more and more plant foods and less and less dairy/eggs in a more sustainable way. It's a learning curve, but I'm getting there. And I'm happy to make new herbivore friends :D
  • gallomio11
    gallomio11 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My wife has been vegetarian for a couple of years and I do all the cooking. I don't bring any meat products home. The only time I
    Can be carnivore is almost never. I'm a label checker thanks to our daughter. Cut down on processed food a lot and find I have more energy.
    New goals are healthy and happy.
  • LilSoyMilk
    LilSoyMilk Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I eat vegan 90% of the time! Gotta love that tofu thai curry
  • gallomio11
    gallomio11 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Beautiful weather today. Hope it's going as planned for all
  • KitoBrandt
    KitoBrandt Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian for ten years now. People think our food is weird sometimes, but I love it!