Week 6

Options
crimsongrey
crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
I started the challenge as motivation to get fit for my working student gig that starts next week. With unexpected stress (trying to buy a farm!) and frigid temperatures that kept me from being able to ride, things have not gone as planned. Although I have not stuck to my plan and have not lost weight, I have been getting in at least 3 workouts most weeks and am paying attention to what I'm eating. This week will be tough because I have so much to do, but I will make it to the gym M, W, F and will log my foods. I may not have been "successful" with my challenge, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it. The weight will come off with the job, so my goal is to keep it off this time.

I hope everyone else has been doing well and sticking to their plans!

Replies

• snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    @crimsongrey Thanks for leading this challenge.
    I know I did better for having made a commitment and being part of a community. It has been great to meet other equestrians and hear what they are doing to meet their goals. I'm going to finish strong the 6 th week with 3 yoga workouts in prep for spring riding. ( Snow was up to the top of my boots this morning and still coming. Got a workout hiking out to fill the trough. Lol)

• showjumper
    showjumper Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    @crimsongrey
    I second @snookb276 Thank you for the challenge and the group! I know I made better choices, got up off the couch to go down to the treadmill or MaxTrainer instead of bed, I have packed a lunch and snacks each day instead of eating out... all because of you, your posts, and the fellow members who have been encouraging and supportive!
    January is tough...... weather, emotions, blue Monday, lack of sunlight, etc etc :) its a day by day, then one day all of a sudden the crocuses will be showing and we will have formed a few good habits and will adjust and try other!

Please try and keep us updated ~ pics & video would be stellar ~ of your adventures down south! In other words don't abandon us totally :)
  • crimsongrey
    crimsongrey Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    aww, thanks guys!
    Normally when I'm in Aiken we eat out most nights, but this year my friend and I are staying at a house close to the farm and not in town so we'll probably eat at home most nights. I plan to continue logging my foods and working towards my goal weight.

I'll definitely share updates on my adventures :)
  • snookb276
    snookb276 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Well, I think this concludes the 6 week challenge. Although I wasn't riding it motivated me to exercise in prep for spring riding. Now that I'm on a roll I plan to keep going. It was great meeting new horse loving MFP people! I hope we can do another challenge in the springtime.