Newbie! Love to meet other moms!

Options
Hey everyone! I've been off and on MFP for a while but just started in the community.

I have a 2 year old and 7 month old and am really committed to getting to a healthy body weight, which I haven't been since before both pregnancies. Would love to meet any like minded mamas! Tell me about yourself :)

Replies

• 1fit_mamma
    1fit_mamma Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi TamaraMacDonald! I've got a 1yo and still holding on to approx 22lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, and would like to lose another 8 lbs before the next pregnancy so 30lbs in total...have a bit of work to do! Starting meal prep this weekend as I work, and have found not being organised was the main reason I gained weight PP. Don't know how you mom's with multiple kids do it, finding it hard enough with 1!
  • InspiredNewJourney
    InspiredNewJourney Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    @1fit_mamma i say the same thing about moms with three! I'm done with two though, all I can handle!!

Meal planning is my life! I'm a former weight watcher and had huge success with the program before my lifestyle changed and I've never gotten back into the groove. I'm most successful when I do a weekly meal plan and prep and grocery shop. I have 70lbs to lose but we can do it - one small goal at a time :)
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies. I have an 11 month old. I had lost 46 pounds so far but with Christmas it snuck back up to 44 grr. I'll send you both a friend request now if that's ok...
  • 1fit_mamma
    Options
    Of course @am_change! It creeps up doesn't it, but well done losing 46 pounds before the Christmas period!
  • 1fit_mamma
    Options
    I did weight watchers on and off for years too @TamaraMacDonald, agree is definitely works. I just found I was getting a tad desensitised by the program, it stopped being a big deal if I was 50pp over per week or didn't track, I stopped being accountable. Loving MFP as it's back to basic science of calories in vs. out, it's so transparent and I find it much easier to use than the weight watchers app. I'm really excited for some good weight loss in the first few months of 2017, we can totally to do this!
  • InspiredNewJourney
    Options
    @am_
    am_change wrote: »
    Hi ladies. I have an 11 month old. I had lost 46 pounds so far but with Christmas it snuck back up to 44 grr. I'll send you both a friend request now if that's ok...

2lbs is totally reasonable, you're back at it so that will come off in no time!
  • losemygut1
    losemygut1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm not exactly postpartum with two boys at 7 and 4. But really need to get back on it. Amazingly I did the couch to 5k 2 years ago, lost 23 lbs, but with 2 Christmases under my belt (literally) since and stopping running I am up 26 lbs. :(. I will Not get to 200 lbs. again. I am 196 now and doing well this week. Any motivation will be helpful. Lori
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old, looking to lose about 50lbs. I've been on MFP for a long time on and off. Now that I'm done having babies I want to get serious and lose this weight :blush:. Feel free to add me!
  • am_change
    Options
    Your picture is so precious @LivyJo ! Just sent you a friend request.
  • am_change
    Options
    @losemygut1 you can do this! You know what it takes and hat you can. Good luck!
  • crheiser
    crheiser Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Mommy to a 3yo boy and 2 week old precious baby girl! I haven't started exercising yet, but exercised right up til the day she was born and my goal is to lose about 20 lbs once I'm cleared to exercise. Unfortunately, I gave in to eating whatever junk food was around over the holidays, so I started back up with MFP to help keep on track with healthy eating. Feel free to add me!
  • 1fit_mamma
    edited January 2017
    Options
    How are we going ladies? I feel like this is kind of week one (or 2 for some) after the holidays, anyone finding it difficult? I'm going on a bit of a sugar detox, I'm not someone who thinks sugar is necessarily evil (although I'm reading some pretty scary things...) but just need to re-set my body so I stop craving it. I realised it's been the one thing that has always derailed my efforts, so it needs to change! The program im doing is call "I quit sugar", it's an 8 week program based out of Australia but the main focus is cutting out fructose with is supposedly the addictive stuff. Anyway, I'm on day 3 and man did I not realise how addicted my body is...I've had zero energy, had to walk insetad of run this morning yet I've had 2 days of slightly over my calories and all amazing food, including some carbs...it's so interesting to feel this way all because I've cut out what I thought was a small amount of sugar in my diet. Hope you all have more energy than I do and are smashing your 2017 goals!
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I have a one year old (14 months) and a three year old. I've finally lost the baby weight (4 months of calorie counting did what 8 months of "eating healthy and exercising" couldn't; still ate healthy and exercised, but calorie counted too).

Now, I'm working on ~20 pounds of "husband weight".
  • InspiredNewJourney
    Options
    @1fit_mamma

How goes the sugar detox mama? I feel your pain on the withdrawal, I could never commit to a detox but since getting healthier I miss and crave it a lot. My 7 month old is just getting into a sleep schedule so I was using sugar constantly to keep me going during the day after being up all night

Be gentle with yourself, it's hard to quit anything cold turkey and it will get easier. If it doesn't get easier maybe another method will work better for you?
  • 1fit_mamma
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words @InspiredNewJourney! It's been tough but today has been a bit of a turning point, feeling light but have a lot more energy back. Still having carbs so there's no real reason I should have felt weak, it's interesting! I've lost 2lbs since I started this on Tuesday despite going over my calories by 100-500 each day (I've really had to up my good fats to substitute) and I was just so hungry all the time, so it really shows how much sugar plays a role in our weight loss. How are you going with everything? Feeling in the zone?
  • crheiser
    crheiser Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I'm in the same boat with overdoing to sugar the last few weeks and now my body is just craving it all the time, and it's tough since I feel hungry all the time with nursing. Hopefully logging my food will help me reach for healthier snacks! Great job @1fit_mamma on cutting out the extra sugar!
  • rherring2
    rherring2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a new mom to a 2 month old baby boy. After a lot of days of being too tired to cook and ordering pizza, I've finally started planning all my meals and meal prepping once a week to cook every meal. So far it's working and I feel so much better! But I still have at least 15 lbs to lose. Hoping to stick with my plan!
  • coccolino30
    coccolino30 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a new mum too, my baby daughter is 15 weeks old and I found it hard after delivery to control what I ate, so I continued to put weight on. Now I have 28 pounds to lose and I have to work very hard for that, weight doesn't just fall off me :( I need new friends for motivation so please add me if you want :) I am going to track all food again and I am just back exercising :)
  • InspiredNewJourney
    Options
    @coccolino30 go gentle on yourself mama, a new baby is a big adjustment and 15 weeks is so young. Small goals and you'll get there. I'm adding you!
  • almostsuperpowered
    almostsuperpowered Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group, preemptively making buds as I am not due till the end of April