Sign-in, January 17

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Last night, I had a good-bye message from one of our team. I'm a very relational guy with a high sense of duty, so I hated to say good-bye. This month has been surprising to me. Of course, lots of new folks joined, but a number of the fall regulars...fell off.
    I enjoy each of you who participate! When I don't have accountability with somebody that I respect, then I perform at a much lower level.
    Thanks for being on the UAC team. Let me know how best I can help you reach your goals.
    Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    The weather is killing our internet service at night and the last few mornings I have been running out the door to my parents to pick up one of them to go with me to my daughters apt to assist in the move. Plus I had the car inspected this past weekend all I have done is run run run. I haven't disappeared I just couldn't get on the net. LOL
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I really appreciate what you do for others. Get some rest...somehow.
    I just finished my morning workout while listening to Alex Boye's album Africanized. It was energetic and interesting.
    Workout was 23 minutes of active stretching followed by 34 minutes of HIIT. I'm sweating.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @NameItNClaimIt - sound like you do a lot! Hope you are not upset by a few calories over when they were good healthy ones!

Got some weightlifting in this am and will plan on some cardio tonight. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I didn't fall off Rick! I'm still here, just away from my computer a few days :)
    My toddler has become obsessed with my phone so it has been difficult to have it out and check in on that. I'm trying to break his phone habit LOL Yeah.. his not mine :P
  • bocasdelbobdog
    bocasdelbobdog Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Alright guys. I am back with a new internet persona. I been cycling through them and I ended up with one that adds dog to the mentality. I know you get that.
    So really, about me and this group, I am no longer overweight. In some weird sense I am the most fit that I ever been in my life.
    Boasting, boasting, boasting, keep them doggies boasting...
    Jeesh, you know I ain't keeping track when I say this but... I am spinning 3x700 per week. I weighed in this morning and I am happy with it. I got the lowest BMI that I have had in a hundred years. Fun, fun, fun. It has got to be fun. How could I call spin fun? Ugh. All I do is get on a spin bike and try to slug out some nice steady heart rate.
    Spin class is weird. Social interaction there kind of eludes me sometimes. They got this out of the saddle action that doesn't quite work for me. I must be getting old. I get out of the saddle it is for some serious climb. My heart rate gets way up there.
    That class has got some young rascals in it. I see Iron Horse tee shirts in there then I wonder if I seen them guys in Silverton. There are some athletes in that class. There are like me. What are you going to do? Wintertime. I keep wanting to tell them about "The Climb" but I ain't gonna.
    . But... summertime. I won the lottery for my camping spot in July. Well, it ain't really a lottery, it is more like internet manipulation but I got my favorite camping place and it is a place my wife likes it too. I sent you guys pictures of it once. From that camping place I can do hill climbs that will have you sea level guys wondering. But I am getting old. But that don't mean I won't race kids up a big hill. Hey, that deluxe campsite is bigger than just me and my wife. It is close to an airport. Heh, but you do have to sleep in a tent. It is on a mountain whose beauty will pervade... I am trying to think of something poetic. It ain't coming.
    But... hey athletes, anyone want to go to my altitude camp? It is mostly fun. It is working aerobically in rarefied air. It does rain every day. You have to be a morning person. 10,500 to !4,200 is something you can put on a bright page in your journal. It is bragging rights.
    ... and I will show you how to cook marshmallows.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #2
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3.

Please don't take it personally Rick. You already go above and beyond for all of us. Thank you. People have to find their own way and do what works for them. You all help me so sorry, you're stuck with me! Hope you all had a great day!
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    3 Yes (walk with friends for 20 minutes, my hubby made an awesome dinner tonight... almost made me go over my calorie limit!)
    Well, I have gained 2 lbs back this weekend (sick last week and then 3 parties
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    JANUARY 17
    Yea @bocasdelbob! You're back, and in fine form, too! I do love hearing your stories, when you have a yen to tell one. Tomorrow I'm going to try a spin class and I'll try and think it's summer time and I'm on a big climb, just like you've described. And @shutterbuggg is back, too! We know that having a toddler can easily make anyone lose a day or two. Welcome back.

Exercise - morning swim 1200 meters, noon walk to lunch, then to grocery for dinner items and back to office. (I had to make my watch happy because it wants exercise but doesn't like to swim.)
    Calories - Under with lots to spare as I didn't touch my exercise points. (I usually try to eat half.)
    Tracking - Yes - easy peazy because I pre-track, then adjust it to reality. Today I pretty much followed the plan.

@RangerRickL - I suppose it's to be expected that people come and go. Consider it a win when someone "graduates"! You were here for them when they needed you, as you are for all of us. Excellent job!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @fitqueenbess and @shutterbugg and the new ever improving @bocasdelbobdog "dog'...are you really drooling??
    I'm glad you all are here! It's also great when that sweet gal from London shows up too. Thanks, @am_change
    @phoebelaya and @2020pinktogo are key parts of this team too.
    @NameItNClaimIt; @hkaccompanist; @pears130 ; are all here today. Since I am the captain, I don't want to lose anyone. Yes, I know that folks will come and go.
    @RunningMom1038; @sal144; @CDJackson568; @IamIam2013; @Luckee_me : @ICameToGetDown ;are all important members of this UAC team.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    My report for the day:
    Exercise: good...nothing like Bob's but good enough for me
    Tracking: ok
    Calories: under the limit.
    Tomorrow, I'll have a basic treadmill walk day.
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Exercised, tracked, and stayed under. Barely!
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    After being in a funk I am back.
    I am really struggling to put good days together in a row right now.
    I keep thinking some new friends would help, but can't seem to find time to support the ones I have.

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • Sidaleeyaya
    Sidaleeyaya Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Today will be my "Pass" day :/ I will be back on track tomorrow
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes Went to the 5 o'clock class. We did lots of planks and my abs were feeling it. I realized I need to start doing those more often! Yikes!
    Calories/Tracking? YEP with about 400+ to spare. :)

I realized my toddler was wanting to play with my phone as much as I do.. It is a bad habit I have gotten into when at home during the week. It is amazing how having a child makes you hyper aware of your own behavior :# So me and my husband agree to put the phones away until after our son is down for bed.
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tag Rick
    I'm traveling for work in NOLA and my eating is not in plan. I did go to the gym this morning to run on the treadmill, so that is positive.
  • cdjackson568
    cdjackson568 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Exercise 30 min walk
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes

Had a late business dinner and forgot to post but surprisingly I stayed within calories only because I didn't go to dinner starving like I normally would in the past. I ate my usual for breakfast and lunch but skipped my morning snack. Went to dinner and made good choices and was actually under my calorie goal. Thanks for all the support Rick!