Week 42 Daily Check-In (Jan 16-22)

Options
AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
I've got insomnia tonight so at 1:50 am I'm getting a jump on things and starting the weekly thread.

Who's ready for a good week? I definitely am. Last week I had some ups and downs during my days, although I didn't gain, so that's a good thing.

I'm going to make a goal this week of making myself exercise even one time. Something...anything...for at least 20 minutes. For me that would be a big accomplishment. It sounds terrible that I have to force myself to move for 20 minutes, doesn't it? I just hate it so much. I seriously take movement for granted and should be thankful that I'm able to move. I need to celebrate my ability to move rather than dread having to do it.

Who's in for the week?

Replies

• heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I am so ready for a good week! Plan for the day...only eat what I have pre-logged for the day, Get back to doing my hourly squats at work, get in at least 8 cups of water, and I am not sure I can get right back into my 10k step goal but I think if I set my goal to be at 6k before I leave work, that's a good start right?

I am in the same boat @AZLisaLou I used to love my workouts and get them in no matter what....but I am just going to start off slow with the 4 small goals for this week and see how I do.

I purged the fridge this weekend, in a bad way though lol We ate lots of crap ...I am up like 4lbs lol

SO I am re-starting at 159.7 lbs
    I have about 15 weeks to try and lose about 19 lbs (probably will not happen) But if I can lose 15 by the time I go home for vacation I will be happy :) 1 lb a week is totally doable....I will probably lose about 3 this week, because my body will be so shocked lol
  • heatherc369
    Options
    So I my eating was on point today (Still at work unfortunately, but there's nothing to snack on so that's good) I am only at 5,100 steps which was not my goal but I have been busy so that means lots of sitting at my desk :( I need 3 more cups of water to meet my goal for the day, which I know I will get in becasue
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @heatherc369 so glad to see you back here! I struggled over the holiday too, starting with Thanksgiving and going through to Jan 2nd. I gained 9 lbs! Getting back on track has been a challenge for me too, but we can get there. I'm glad I have you all for support and cheerleading!

On a bad note, My night did not end well. I started off well enough, but then we helped my parents unload their moving truck tonight, and what does everyone have when they move? Pizza and soda!!! We just had Little Caesar's and I don't know if you've ever had them before, but for me it takes a lot of their pizza to even make a dent in how hungry I am. Must be the thinner crust. Anyways, had lots of pizza and soda. My day is to hell and gone. Fortunately, I have tomorrow to make up for it.

Also, talking about the move, does unloading a truck count for my 20 minute minimum of exercise at least one time this week? I didn't carry anything heavy and strenuous, but I did carry stuff and made lots of trips in an out. I'm going back over to my mom's new apartment tomorrow to help her start to unpack stuff.

@kerryatoon, I'll send up some prayers for you that the surgery was merely for the benefit of the doubt and that all is well and perfect in your world. Keep us posted.

Good night all!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, I am in for the week @AZLisaLou!!

Did not get to check in yesterday. It was a full day of driving my son to the airport. 3.25 hrs there and 3.25 hours home. With about an hour of shopping in the middle. lol I actually somehow had a good eating day though, I didn't stop at any fast food places....and did good last night. Just a cup of herbal tea after supper. I want to do that again tonight....

@heatherc369 - we are at a similar weight. On Christmas Eve I was 152 and today I weighed in at 157.5. How could I let myself gain that much weight over the holidays? wow. I do a lot of squats too, and lunges.

@azlisalou - yep, I definitely think that unloading a moving truck counts as exercise! We don't have a Little Caesar's here...but I know what you mean about the thin crust pizza not as filling.
    @kerryatoon - hope all is well with you!

Well, I'm going to get my day going. I don't work until Thursday this week. My plan for today is to get my workout in, drink at LEAST 64 oz of water and to stick to a cup of herbal tea tonight after supper. If I can do that...it will be a successful day

• heatherc369
    Options
    So I my eating was on point today (Still at work unfortunately, but there's nothing to snack on so that's good) I am only at 5,100 steps which was not my goal but I have been busy so that means lots of sitting at my desk :( I need 3 more cups of water to meet my goal for the day, which I know I will get in because

^^^Boss walked in had to post quick and log off lol I got all my water in yesterday, a total of 6,467 steps in, 7 out of 9 hours with 250+ steps in on my Fitbit, stayed within my calories and only ate what was ore-planned and logged. Woke up 3 lbs lighter than yesterday! It's amazing what eating right for one day after binging all weekend can do lol

@AZLisaLou I am so glad to be back as well! I have been trying for weeks but I think it's for real this time! And about little ceasars......only thing I can stand there is the deep dish stuff crust bacon wrapped pizza...BUT thank goodness for me (kind of lol) It makes me sick whenever I eat it lol I have Ulcerative Colitis and red sauce and myself do not get along..at all! I can only get "white pizzas" and because of my bodys intolerance for fried and or greasy foods I prefer to make my own pizza when I have a craving for it...flatbread, white or pesto sauce , skim mozerella.....yummy!But sometimes ...its whats there and thats what you gota do.....when we have a rough week financially , a $5 pizza is a blessing...dinner for all 3 of us for $5....I just deal with the pain lol

@maureli Good job! For me it was more so the pity party after breaking my ankle that got me...I just did not care! I am back to my squats, Lunges still hurt my ankle :( I used to do 10 sets of each (20) Squats (12) Lunges (100+) Calf raises and 10k steps ALL AT WORK, then whatever else I decided to do at home (Monday was chest day, Tuesday was weighted lunges and squats, Wednesday was go to the park and run and play basketball with the fam (ugh flashbacks...wont be doing that again lol) Thursday was Bis and Tris and Fridays sometimes I would do chest and shoulders and sometimes I would do nothing lol Always took weekends off but would go on walks and hikes with the kiddos) One day I will get there again.....food and water intake is my main priority for now as I get that back on track I will start fixing my other bad habits I created after my injury lol

• maureli
    Options
    @heatherc369 - so great that you can sneak all that in at work! I am a runner as well, but have just recently kind of taken a break from it. I started running in 2003, pretty steady and plan to get back at it soon, I just find it hard to get myself out there sometimes in the winter. We do have a treadmill but I hate that too. Lol. so these beachbody workouts are getting me through the winter!

Goal #1 for the day is complete! And working on goal #2.
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies.. I'm back at work today. Yesterday was sooooo long, and I was so tired. I crashed hard last night. I managed to stay on cal goals yesterday but am cutting myself some slack on macros. I met my water goals yesterday as well. My goal today is to meet my cal goals and water goals. I'm still on exercise restriction and will be doing that one more week. Should hear back on my pathology by Friday.. sucks to wait for news. Just holding steady right now.
  • maureli
    Options
    So I met all 3 of yesterdays goals. so that's day 2 under my belt. I will try to do the same today, except tonight could be somewhat difficult as we are invited to a birthday supper for a friend. Ham dinner (so full of sodium!) and probably birthday cake. Wine? We'll see.

We have to go in to town this morning so my workout will be this afternoon. Tomorrow I work, so will prepare lunch and figure out supper for tomorrow night.

Does anyone here eat much kale? I have had it in my salads, and even baked it into the kale chips before. Last night I steamed it and make like a marinade of olive oil, lemon juice and minced garlic to toss it in. Just wondering how you prepare it with a meal.

@Kerryatoon - hope that you had a good rest last night, and hope that you get good news from pathology. Waiting is so hard.
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @heatherc369 sounds like you're well on your way to being back in the driver's seat. How do you get in so many steps?

@maureli good for you for meeting all your goals! The only thing I've ever had kale in is smoothies. Other than that I haven't got a clue on how to prepare it for any purpose. Sad since kale is so good for you. I really should learn how to work with it.

I've had a pretty good day today. I had a chicken caesar salad for lunch and raviolis with french bread for dinner. Needless to say I'm a little over on my carbs, but I'm well under my calorie goal. I think I might have an apple and peanut butter later for a snack. Something sweet sounds good.

Yesterday I was up 10 lbs from the day before! I about had heart failure! I'm sure it was all that pizza I ate after helping my parents move in. All but 1 lb are gone today, thankfully!

I've got to drive into Phoenix tomorrow morning, and I'm really nervous about the drive, traffic, not knowing where I'm going, etc. Part of me wants to bail out on the appointment because I can't handle the anxiety. I know I need to go though because it's part of my Voc. Rehab stuff that I'm doing. ugh. The stress is awful.

I thought about binging on Reese's Puffs cereal last night. I didn't. whew! Dodged a bullet there!

• maureli
    Options
    The birthday dinner was good last night. I didn't overdo it....just had a regular sized helping but I did have dessert. Homemade carrot cake and a glass of wine when we first got there. I feel ok about it though, its not often that we are invited out like that. We weren't late, Chris is fishing today and I am going to work so we were in bed by 10:30.

Got my lunch ready for today (garden salad with chicken and a fruit & nut dark chocolate cherry granola bar. Love those things! However I don't know what to take out for supper tonight, it will be late when we both get home.

Main goal for today will be to #1 get my water in and #2 keep my night time snack to 0!

@azlisalou - 10 lbs! I thought I had read that wrong at first. That even seems a lot for just the pizza overnight, wow. I'm sure that its not going to last, usually if something comes on that quickly it will disappear pretty quickly too. Drink lots of water to flush it out.

Ok, I'm off!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @AZLisaLou I try and pace around the office when I have nothing going on lol

Only got in 6 out of 8 cups of water yesterday
    Only got in 4,950 out of 6,000 steps in yesterday
    I ate within my calories!
    I did some squats here and there tooo.

this weekend is going to be tough, Tailgating and MonsterJam always come with bad food and drinks, Only bringing turkey dogs and turkey burgers and some chips and dip for the kids ( Im sure I will indulge too lol) lots of water and a fruit tray :) Hopefully my brother and sister n law dont bring anything too tempting lol
  • maureli
    Options
    I was happy to see the scale down this morning. Not where I want it to be, but down is in the right direction. lol Had a piece of birthday cake at work yesterday, a co-worker turned 50. But the rest of the day went good, stayed in my limits and feel good about my day.

Today, workout, drink water and limit snacks after supper.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I only got in 5,722 steps yesterday and 48.7 oz of water ..but food was on point!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @maureli good for you on the scale being down.

@heatherc369 congrats on the 3 lbs this week! That's a great loss.

My weight is up 1.5 lbs from about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm so sad. I mean, I know I had some ups and downs, but I didn't think my downs were that bad. One thing I realized today was that when I decided to eyeball my peanut butter instead of using the measuring spoons, I was going over 2 Tbsp. At the same time, though, when my apple is gone I let the dog lick the rest of the peanut butter, so it probably evened out. But the point is, I can't rely on eyeballing. I've got to take the time to measure correctly with whatever I'm eating.

Also, MFP has my sugar goal calculated to be 46g. Now, I know that the recommended amount of sugar per day is about 23g. But the 23g is added sugar, and so then I'm assuming that the 46g is a combination of added and natural? My apple today was 22g on its own, but I can't imagine an apple as being bad on sugars. I had 2 Oreo cookies that were 13g. Already today my sugars are 48g, and I'm only half way through the day. I don't think I'll ever get my macros down right.

My morning blood glucose levels have been super high for no apparent reason. I haven't changed anything at all for the most part since the readings were in the 130's in the morning. This past week they've averaged about 190! One night, I was up most of the night and had something to eat at 2am. My glucose level 5 hours later was only about 134. But I can't get up every night at 2am and eat so my morning reading is lower.

Well, I need to get going. Nice to see you ladies here. @kerryatoon, how are you?? and how about @nadiamayl?