Any 5'1-2, 105lbs in this group?

Options
maria15x
maria15x Posts: 13 Member
Also, is this like a normal height to weight ratio? Idk.

Replies

• squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    well i'm 5 foot, and i stay in the 97-106 range. i think it's fairly normal! just on the smaller size. it just depends on your body type tbh. i even looked super normal at around 125 pounds a couple of years ago, and i was probably even 4'10 or 4'11 then. currently i'm around 105.
  • actualspacesloth
    actualspacesloth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and 105! That's the bottom of the healthy range; I believe the guideline of the lower range is to start at 100lb and 5'0', then add 5lbs for every inch over 5'.
  • EmilyMcD84
    EmilyMcD84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" and currently weigh 115. When I tell people (which I try not to now) that I want to get back to my pre-baby weight of 105, they act like I am vain, stupid, or crazy. When I was in my 20's, I weighed 95-98. I don't see why 105 would be abnormal considering my body type. I would think if you've always been small/petite, it is perfectly normal. Also as long as you are healthy.
  • lps1dragonfly
    lps1dragonfly Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'1.25". I'm about 120 rn. This is what I have been maintaining at even when I had about 3mos off at the end of the yr due to broken foot. The hot shots that make BMI numbers and the like say I would be 115 or so. My family would die if I lost more! They all are worried about me but I eat all the darn time and am always hungry. it's nuts; I try to tell them it's fine but i had always bee so curvy and over weight my whole life I think they just don't know how to readjust there minds to what healthy weight truly is is.
  • leahisnotmyname
    leahisnotmyname Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    EmilyMcD84 wrote: »
    I am 5'2" and currently weigh 115. When I tell people (which I try not to now) that I want to get back to my pre-baby weight of 105, they act like I am vain, stupid, or crazy. When I was in my 20's, I weighed 95-98. I don't see why 105 would be abnormal considering my body type. I would think if you've always been small/petite, it is perfectly normal. Also as long as you are healthy.

I deal with the same thing. I was always very small and petite. 5'4 and 95 pounds until I got pregnant in my 20's and gained 40 pounds. Even after my daughter was born, I dropped back down to 105. Just like some people are built with larger frames, others are built with a smaller frame. That just happens to be our normal.

• OfficerPeach
    OfficerPeach Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 110lbs. 105lbs is my current GW for better muscle visibility in the long run.

Fortunately, I don't deal with snide remarks or anything of the sort from people I know. I'm very transparent in my reasons for losing weight so they're either supportive or don't say anything.

I'm sorry you guys deal with negative comments from others!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 110lbs. 105lbs is my current GW for better muscle visibility in the long run.

Fortunately, I don't deal with snide remarks or anything of the sort from people I know. I'm very transparent in my reasons for losing weight so they're either supportive or don't say anything.

I'm sorry you guys deal with negative comments from others!

Me too- 46yrs old, 5"2' 109. Working to get down to 105.
    Did keto at 117 and got it down to 110. Now I'm more of a low carber and looking to cut down on meat. (I love meat tho-)