Week 43 Daily Check In (Jan 23-Jan 29)

Options
AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
Happy Monday! Who's on board for the week?

Replies

• heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Ugh So my dumb *kitten* gained 4lbs this week lol Hopefully water weight and hopefully it will drop fast lol
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @heatherc369 that's discouraging. You're probably right, though, that it's water weight. 4 lbs is a lot to gain in one week for real, so it's probably going to come off quickly.

I had a terrible weekend. Weekends are really hard for me. I have my entire day today planned out and logged with some pretty scrumptious stuff, so hopefully I can stick to it and not get into the junk food.

One of the things I like are McDonald's sausage egg McMuffins, but they're about 450 calories. Plus when I go through the drive thru and get one, I always end up getting a large soda to go along with it, which has 1.5x my daily allotment of sugar and a huge amount of carbs and calories. I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought more Hungry Girl Flatout Foldits flat bread instead of English muffins, and I got tavern ham from the deli instead of sausage. This breakfast will be about 125 calories and 5 g carbs less than McD's. I think it will be a great breakfast or lunch.

My morning glucose readings continue to be super high. One of these days I'm going to have to go to the dr and probably get my meds adjusted. My readings during the rest of the day are not as bad as they are in the mornings, but it's the morning reading they care about the most. Gotta get in about that soon.

I need to move my body this week. I want to make it a goal to go walking 2x this week for at least 20 minutes a trip.

Have a good day everyone!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    omg my home made egg mcmuffin on Hungry Girl bread is amazing! I toasted the bread and used deli ham and cheese--I think that's what made the difference.

Yesterday I didn't completely stick to my plan. Had some soda :( and 3 Oreos. But 3 is better than 7 that I would used to have! I also didn't have an egg sandwich for breakfast. That made my protein lower than expected. All my other macros were out of whack too. Too high on fat, sugar and carbs, too low on protein and fiber. I only went 50 over on calories. So, although the day wasn't a complete bust I still have plenty of work to do.

Today I am off on the right foot, but I can't plan out my whole day. I have no idea what I'm making for dinner tonight and I don't even want to think about it yet.

How is everyone else doing?
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I've been absent! Sorry I have not been in this week yet. This is a sign of me not doing so well. I usually just lose it in all departments. Lol STILL EXERCISING THOUGH!
    I have not been doing great with my eating but I can say that my exercise is going great.

I am working today. I have a garden salad with egg packed for lunch. Some yogurt/cottage cheese and will take an apple. Supper will be leftovers and tonight.....I will hopefully not snack before bed.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    OH MY GOODNESS, LADIES, HAVE I MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have a lot of reading to do from the last few weeks to see where everyone is at, but I'm so happy to be back!!
    It's been a whirlwind of CRAP around here... ok, ok, I might be blowing it out of proportion... I'll summarize:
    --December 2016: Husband gone for 3 weeks, returning just before Christmas. Brother and family (5) came in the day after husband got back (and stayed for 2.5 weeks). Madness, busy, loud, noisy, exhausting... not bad, because I love my family, but tiring. Too much, I'm neurotic with noise and things left out of place, and teenagers showed me what I'm about to start dealing with in the years to come! Ha!
    --January 2017: (Husband left for another 3 weeks -he is still gone-- 3 days after brother and family left. Come Jan 1st, kids and me were hit with colds, which we think we got from my niece. Mine lasted for about 5 days, but left me a bit run down. The boys, oh my, one went down with ear infections on a Friday night (Of course), then the next one followed with another ear infection. Then the coughs were so bad, I took them in AGAIN to the pediatrician, only to be told the had PNEUMONIA!!!! Hubs started complaining of feeling run down last week and finally went to the Dr. abroad, and yes, he also has PNEUMONIA! AAAAAAAHHHHHH... at least I'm not having to take care of him as well, but I wish he were home to get dome chicken soup and some loving... can you imagine having Pneumonia abroad, having to show up to the office anyway, not be able to eat homemade food, AND sit in a little hotel room?! I do feel sorry for him!!
    Anyway, that's my last two months! I am sick of hearing moans, groans, sniffles, coughs, snot! My hands are so raw from so much disinfecting and washing! I'm sleep deprived and have not been able to get to the gym! February can't get here soon enough!
    On the upside, I haven't gained any weight! I am being successful at maintenance, which makes me so happy! I still have moments when my body dysmorphia kicks in and I start feeling like I've gained all the weight back, those are tough moments still, but they are further apart each time! And I am able to stop the negative thinking faster! I guess one more proof to "Practice makes perfect".
    OK, now on to read some of your previous posts to not be so out of the loop!! I hope everyone is doing well!!!
  • maureli
    Options
    Hello @NadiaMayl! Wow, I no wonder you have been absent, its been a bit crazy for you. But, glad that you're back now and among the living. Great news that you have maintained all that time....I guess not the best way to do it though, being sick and run off your feet. lol Poor hubby, yes...I can't imagine being sick like that have being away in a hotel. How much longer will he be gone? How far away is he?

Yesterday was a pretty good day. My evening snack was a small serving of crispy-minis (flavoured rice cakes). I'm working again today and hopefully will keep it together again. Then I'm off tomorrow. No workouts yesterday and today (unless I get some gumption tonight lol) but will get back at it tomorrow.
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @nadiamayl so nice to have you back! you've been beyond busy, on top of being sick. Yuck!!! And poor hubs. :( That really sucks traveling and working when you're sick.

@maureli great going on just the rice cakes for snacking on last night!

Yesterday started out so good for me. I kept on track so well--until I went to my mother's house. I went to visit at the same time she was having dinner, and as mothers are in a habit of doing she talked me into having some. So I had a little bbq beef rib. And a couple potato wedges. And a little salad. Not enough to make it a full meal, but enough that it added up. But while I was on the road I had a soda. :( bad me! Then I went home to a starving family, and then I had some of that dinner. ugh. I went really far over on my calories yesterday.

It seems that my days up through lunch are usually really good with keeping on track. Then at or shortly after dinner it goes all to hell.

Hope you all have a good day!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Thanks ladies, it's nice to be back and hopefully getting back on track with healthy habits (ehem ehem, getting back into working out)!
    @maureli Husband is on business to The Netherlands, but it's OK, since he is Dutch, he gets to visit with family and friends on the weekends, so it's not all miserable! =) .... except when he's sick, of course! I'm glad (for what I read) you are keeping up with exercising... I'd have such a hard time shaking the laziness off if I lived in a cold cold climate like you do!!! So kudos!!!
    Hubs just got cleared by the physician to fly back tomorrow as scheduled. Since he is on a business trip, doctor had to clear him to get on the plain (liability and health issues and all that). So, although I'm super excited to have him back, I kinda hoped the doctor said he had to wait to get on a plane for a few days (he could go get some loving at his parent's house, hehe)... I don't want whatever he's dealing with to come get us!! hehehe I know, I sound totally selfish, but I am done with the crud!! Bwahaha Doctor suspects that besides the pneumonia he must have caught a viral bronchial infection, which is why his cough is still REALLY bad! Anyway, I'll have chicken soup and all kinds of pampering ready for him... AND the guest bedroom... mmmwwwaaaaahahahahaha (just kidding.... I'll take the guest room!)!
    @AZLisaLou I always struggle towards the end of the day as well, I've learned to keep my morning and lunch more sensible so I can have that wiggle room in the afternoons/evenings.
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    @AZLisaLou either way I did it to myself lol knowingly ..grrrrr Weekends are always the hardest for me too! Everything can just spiral out of control so quickly and easily!

@maureli we all go through it girl!

@NadiaMayl Waaasssuuupppp lady! Welcome Back! Holy moly! Sounds like you have had tons to deal with! Hope everything gets back normal soon! your poor hubby :(

I am still lacking in exercise, not meeting my step goals or water goals but I am doing good on my eating...one step at a time....I went for a solid 2 years doing damn good but it took me 3 years to get it right so I know getting back into it is not going to happen over night ...my ankle still gets so swollen and sore by the end of the day but finally brace free and just trying to break these habits I let back into my life :(
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @heatherc369 you'll get there. Patience with yourself. Like you said, it took a while to get it right before. It'll just take a step at a time to get there. With your ankle still hurting, it's got to be tough to get back into exercise.

I have my day planned out. There is no wiggle room. As it is, I will be about 50 calories over my goal. I'll be under my sugar goal, which is good and a nice change. My protein is waaay up there, which is great. However, I'll be much too low on my carbs. I don't know how to get everything balanced. I just need to stay away from the soda. No little sip here and little sip there...none for me. I hope I can make myself stick to it!

@nadiamayl I hope hubs doesn't bring the creeping crud back around! You've had enough of that already. But it will be nice to have him home, won't it?

• NadiaMayl
    Options
    BBAAHHAHAHAHA @AZLisaLou it will absolutely be nice to have him back, even if I first Lysol him, wrap him in sterile gause, put a mouthcover on him... then it'll be nice to sit 10 ft away from him and watch his jetlagged #kitten sleep!! hahaha Just kidding! He is the sweetest, even while sick and abroad, he sent me a bouquet of roses for no reason at all, so I'll let him in the house in a few hours!!
    @heatherc369 girlie, don't injure yourself again, take your time to get back into it!! It's frustrating, I know, I went through something similar years ago, when I got plantar fasciitis!!! You'll get there, I know you have the determination!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    Well I had to change my dinner plans. I had a little bit of last night's dinner, a couple eggs, a little cheese and 1 piece of toast. I thought I'd be fine. Went to log it and was horrified to see that this dinner took me 300 calories over!!!! omg. I thought I did good. Mostly protein, a little carb. Fiber, carbs, and sugar macros look great! Over on fats. So, when my macros look mostly on point, my calories are way over. When my calories are right, everything else is out of whack. I'm discouraged. I gained more weight this week. :'( More than a lb higher!

I didn't have any soda today, and I thought my calories would fall in line if everything else I ate was good. Wrong! ugh. So discouraged.

On top of that I'm having problems with my feet. I wanted to start walking this week a couple times, and my horribly dried & cracked feet decided to split on both feet and now it hurts to walk until those splits heal up again. ouchy. :(

I'm just not having a good week. I thought I was doing better, but the scale shows otherwise. And I haven't even had any fast food this week, either! holy cow, I forgot about that success. The successes don't seem to be enough right now though.
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    Today was better in some ways. Had some soda, but the rest of the day was really good. Just had my lowest glucose reading in a long time. Very few carbs at dinner...Cabbage & Kielbasa with a white sauce. It was freaking delicious. Wish there was leftovers! My weight was down a little today too.

How is everyone's weekend going? It's usually pretty quiet around here on the weekends. Chime in.
  • maureli
    Options
    Good morning!
    A new day, a new week! Welcome to the newbies and to the old newbies that have been here before! I do remember you crazyfrog and inkdork. And look forward to get to know you Kyoot and Strawberryjane. I hope I haven't missed anyone else, so sorry if I have.

It will be a busy week for me this week, I am booked to work Mon-Thurs and then on Friday we are going to Halifax for the weekend. No down time and I don't know when I will get my workouts in. I will definitely need to be OP this week. I did have a successful day yesterday. Spent most of the afternoon reading but did get a workout in, and had a good evening of no snacks.

I made a pot of Red Lentil Soup that I love for my lunches this week. Instead of taking salads I will have the soup already to go in serving size containers. Helps to be prepared I find. A nice change too.

I will try to check in daily before work if I can!