Almost 3 years out

Options
fallingwave
fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
Hi all!

Reading through a few posts... the struggle is real!

I am trying very hard to get back on track and have the scale start moving down again. I have lost almost 90 pounds, but had hit the 100 mark a year ago. Gained about 25 back :worried: Down 15 since July. Anyone else going through the same and want to be friends so we can share food ideas? Friend me!

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my three year mark, and yes the struggle is real! I had lost over 200 lbs, started a job where I worked long days and commuted three hours a day, hardly had time or energy to work out, and once my routine was shot, it got ugly lol. I am in the same boat, working on losing the regain. I met with my surgeon and we came up with a plan together. I had a hard time getting back with the program but I am there now and making progress. Fortunately I changed jobs to one that's much closer and I am much happier. My job even has a yoga instructor come in twice a week at lunchtime, and I have been going faithfully. I love it! Feel free to friend me :-)
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm 2.5 years out, and I've gained back 11lbs that just will NOT go away, no matter what i do. Though i do admit, i'm not as active as i should or could be... Feel free to friend me, i love the support!
  • diazwoman
    diazwoman Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    fallingwave, how is it going, been a week or so since post...I am just back in the game today
  • karmasgotcha
    karmasgotcha Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am one year out and want to friend others who are also "out" from surgery a bit.
  • georgiegirlma72
    georgiegirlma72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @stephanie51586 @garber6th @fallingwave would love to be :friends" not sure how to friend you on here though as I just started looking at the boards. I had surgery on 10/27/14, lost 130 pounds and keep gaining and losing the same 7 pounds for the past year! I want to lose 20 more, exercise has been non existent since I had a hip injury when I was just getting into my jogging "groove" and now it's cold and winter and dark when I get home....uuugghhh, recipes and support would be awesome from some ladies in the same boat as me!
  • Stephaniev51697
    Stephaniev51697 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    @georgiegirlma72 - We're "friends" already :)
  • imboswell
    imboswell Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I had surgery on 10/16/14 I lost 45 lbs gained back 15 and now I am trying to get the 15 off plus the other 20 I need to lose. I am back to the basics. Protein drink for breakfast and lunch and small dinner. I am staying under 1000 calories. So for the 1st week I am down 5 lbs. I miss how at the beginning the weight was just falling off with no effort. I wish that I had worked harder at that time to lose. So now I have to do it the hard way.
  • Nikkidreamz
    Nikkidreamz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in the same boat. I had my surgery 05/05/2014. I lost 75lbs and have gained 20 of those back in the last year. I really need to lose at total of 40 now after the gain. I am just looking for some support. I also have to be honest with you guys as well as myself to say that I totally stop tracking my intake, started eating junk, and stopped exercising. I guess I answered my own question...lol but I seriously need support. I have to meet my goal this year!!!!
  • georgiegirlma72
    georgiegirlma72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    In!!
  • shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am 3 1/2 years out. I lost 110 in the first year, maintained that but didn't lose any more for a year then in 2015/2016 gained 37 lbs (I found out later from stress) I've lost 20 of that 37 and am in the gym twice a day for 45 min to an hour /hour 1/2. I'm not losing pounds any more and am monitoring my intake but I feel so healthy from working out. I'm still disappointed because, for me, the number on the scale defines my success.
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    @shonrecio please don't let that number define your success! It's only a number. There are many health metrics that define success. I'm still "obese" but am in the best shape of my life. keep doing what your doing and don't worry about that darn scale. :)
  • klh193
    klh193 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @shonrecio, remember muscle weighs more than fat. So if you are in the gym that often you are probably seeing muscle weight vs. fat and you should start seeing a change in the way your body looks and fits in clothes. Good job being in the gym.... that is what I need to get back into. I will be 3yrs out in on the 26th of the month and total loss was 110 lbs... but feeling the frustration because in the past year I have gained 20lbs...and been at the 20lbs for a couple months now. I refuse to buy bigger clothes! So I need to get on it.
  • rchallway
    rchallway Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    2.5 years out. Up 12 pounds but just lost 4 of it getting back to basics. So easy for me to fall back onto old habits. Please friend me.