steps syncing problem

Options
moots4me
moots4me Posts: 49 Member
Greetings:
My steps synced fine the first day after I setup S Health with MFP. It no longer syncs and I get an error message. Syncing exercise is also spotty. Worked great yesterday and can't get it to sync a 5k I did today. Any advice on troubleshooting or settings would be appreciated.

Tracy

Replies

• Ladina1990
    Ladina1990 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and called customer service. If you haven't done that yet please see below. Hope this helps :smiley:

In order for you to solve this issue, please go to Settings > Application manager > All (swipe the screen to the left several times) > Samsung Gear > Clear cache, Clear data, Force stop.

In case you are using Android 6.0, please follow the below guidelines:

Go to Settings > Applications > Application manager > Samsung Gear > Storage > Clear cache, Clear data.

Also, please try to turn the Gear device off and turn it back on; if this does not solve the issue, please perform a Light Reset (on the Gear: Settings > About Gear > Reset Gear > Light Reset). If the issue persists, please perform a Factory Reset, from the same menu.

Also, for S Health, please follow the steps below in order to try to solve the issue:

1. Go to Settings > Application manager > swipe the screen to the left several times until you reach the All section > S Health > tap Force stop and then Clear Cache

2. Device Settings -> About device -> Software update -> Update to the latest firmware and reboot the device (If the device is newer than S5, check if the OS version is 6.0 or later).

Should this not work, please contact us again.

If you encounter any other unexpected situation or have more questions, please do not hesitate to contact us and our support team will assist you with all the necessary information.

Also, if you visit the Content & Services Customer Support Website, http://help.content.samsung.com, you will be able to find all Samsung Content and Services we are supporting in your country.
  • br24ad
    br24ad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Everyone says S Health is a partner app now but I do not see it anywhere in the apps tab.
  • djmom1
    djmom1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    @br24ad If you have updated both apps, it should be at the very bottom of the list on MFP, and you'll have to turn on permissions in S Health as well. Hth
  • br24ad
    br24ad Posts: 3 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    My s health steps come in fine and adjust calories ok until I add another exercise. After that my calorie adjustment is about negative 1000 on a 5000 step day. I have my activity level set on the lowest setting on mfp. Before I switched from fitbit to Samsung 5000 steps would give me a decent positive adjustment.
  • djmom1
    djmom1 Posts: 14 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm not sure what to tell you that may help. I use Map My Run on my Gear Fit 2 to log everything but steps & have my exercise data permissions turned off in S Health & everything shows up fine. MFP bases it's adjustments of Samsung's 24 hour estimate vs their own. I haven't had a Fitbit to compare calories burn, but I did have a Misfit & found it much overestimated my calorie burn. I've dropped 12 lbs in 6 weeks with my Gear Fit.
  • BigRican69
    BigRican69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have done and followed these instructions and I have done several different things and I have had no luck getting my s health steps to sync with MFP and I have all the permissions set and I have no issues with the exercise syncing up fine, I have uninstalled and reinstalled and ran updates and nothing the steps won't sync.
  • lakhoua
    lakhoua Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    it was syncing with MFP properly then i did install UA record and all collapsed . i did all the above steps and still not luck to sync .