AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
Who's in for the week?

Replies

• maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Me!! I'm in.

Working all week and am determined to make it a good one.  My lunches are made for the whole week, and I have a couple of suppers ready.   Cooked a big squash yesterday and a big package of boneless skinless chicken.  plus I have frozen rappie pie in the freezer so we should be set for a bit.  Dh is fishing today and possibly tomorrow.  (he's a lobster fisherman)

I feel like I've had a good weekend.  We went out to dinner on Saturday night, I had panfried haddock and scallops with rice.  No appetizer and no dessert.  Resisted the lemon pie at moms at sunday lunch.  Got workouts in.  One glass of wine on Saturday night....just ONE! haha

Not sure when I'll get exercise in this week.  I may do something after work, we'll see.  I don't always get it in when I'm working. 

Hope you all have a good day!!
  • heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    So I did it again, great all week and gained it all back by being stupid all weekend.
    I need to rid myself and my family of the weekly hibachi addiction , and my fiance having a show Saturday night did not help because whenever he has a show...i drink..alot and we are out super late ...so that usually means 4am taco bell trip and straight to bed ugh FML So back to square one like every Monday lol
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Just a quickie from me this morning.  Had a really good night last night.  I ate supper a bit late so really made night snacking easy.  Maybe we should eat supper late all the time.  Lol  By late I mean 6-6:30 pm.  I also picked up a different herbal tea and had a cup of that.  Twinnings Lemon Ginger.  It was good. 

Today got my lentil soup, and yogurt/cottage cheese for work.  Putting a roast in the slowcooker for supper.  Bought these little baby turnip that I'll have with it. 

@heatherc369 - I have done that so many times! the story of my life really. I have great successful weeks and then sabotage it all on the weekend. Usually for me it involves wine....which makes me want to snack....etc etc. This weekend is my dh's birthday and we are going to Halifax for the weekend, so I am quite sure there will be drinks!

Hope you all have a great day
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm still around, but now I'm the one with pneumonia! ha... the fight against the stupid bugs continues! This too, shall pass... I fear it's going to be a LLLOOONNNGGG 2017 in more ways than one, but oh well.....
    Have a good one everyone!!!
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @maureli It seems like you've got a great plan for the week and good for you for the restraint over the weekend.

@heatherc369 I have a really hard time on weekends too. Wish I could figure out what makes the weekend decision making so much different than M-F! Maybe on Friday we should really make a conscious effort to plan for the weekend like we plan ahead for the work-week.

I had a great victory today. I had a box of Lucky Charms in hand, and I was planning on having a couple BIG bowls of it. But I ended up putting the cereal back on the shelf and making a 100 calorie bag of popcorn instead. To make it more palatable (the 100 calorie stuff is like eating packing peanuts!), I spray it with canola cooking spray and sprinkle on onion powder and grated parmesan. It's super good that way. So, that was my huge win for today!

@nadiamayl Sooooo sorry to hear you've come down with it!!! Oh, man that really stinks. Your family has been hit enough already! I hope it passes quickly and that you feel better real soon.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @maureli don't you just want to kick your own @$$? I know I do lol

@NadiaMayl Oh dear lord you poor thing!

@AZLisaLou I used to do great, I had the will power....I would allow myself to cheat EVERY OTHER weekend but would not go overboard all weekend, just 1 or 2 meals that were not horrible but not on my "plan". Not sure what happened ugh

I have a friends "Birthday party and game-a palooza" tonight...girls only so I am excited but everyone is bringing there own dish and game.....I made the cake because no one else even thought of that (wtf?) one somewhat good thing is most of the girls going are either vegetarian or vegan so i am hoping they bring healthy stuff but one girl works at a pizza place that serves the really good pizza and she is bringing a couple pies, and another girl is bringing stuff for banana splits.....I plan to not be rude and try a lil bit of everything...except the pizza because my tummy hates me when I eat pizza...even though I love good pizza! lol but I plan on being good Saturday and Sunday! I have to! ugh
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    It seems I've done much better this week. I haven't been logging, but I have been very mindful of what and how much I'm eating. I guess I did all right because since Monday I've lost 1.4 lbs! That makes me feel a whole lot better. I've still got 6 lbs to go before I lose all my holiday, winter fat. I'll get there. I'm focusing on my success this week though rather than what I have failed at. I'm happy about my progress these past 5 days.

off topic--I ordered an Instant Pot 7-in-1, 6 qt Pressure Cooker. Long story, but I have had a helluva time trying to find one of the mfr's retailers that had any in stock. Finally was able to order through Target, and I get it on Monday. One of the features that it's supposed to be able to do is make yogurt. I'm kind of anxious to try that. On the bad side, it's supposed to also be really easy to make cheesecakes in it. That could be dangerous!!! lol I'm excited to try all of its functions, how it makes roasts in a fraction of the time as a slow cooker, etc. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    AZLisaLou wrote: »
    It seems I've done much better this week. I haven't been logging, but I have been very mindful of what and how much I'm eating. I guess I did all right because since Monday I've lost 1.4 lbs! That makes me feel a whole lot better. I've still got 6 lbs to go before I lose all my holiday, winter fat. I'll get there. I'm focusing on my success this week though rather than what I have failed at. I'm happy about my progress these past 5 days.

off topic--I ordered an Instant Pot 7-in-1, 6 qt Pressure Cooker. Long story, but I have had a helluva time trying to find one of the mfr's retailers that had any in stock. Finally was able to order through Target, and I get it on Monday. One of the features that it's supposed to be able to do is make yogurt. I'm kind of anxious to try that. On the bad side, it's supposed to also be really easy to make cheesecakes in it. That could be dangerous!!! lol I'm excited to try all of its functions, how it makes roasts in a fraction of the time as a slow cooker, etc. I'll let you know how it goes.

I have a friend who just got an instant pot, she loves it!