I have a challenge getting fitbit to sync with My Fitness Pal

Options
pmcannata
pmcannata Posts: 1 Member
It says in my fitness pal that it is syncing, but it is not registering the steps etc. Any one can help?

Replies

• lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Under steps in ur MFP app u should select Fitbit
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem and I disconnected and reconnected and now it is working
  • jo9632
    jo9632 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was getting the same problem, I followed all the advice about disconnecting and reconnecting and shutting and reopening the apps which didn't work. In the end I found that if I ticked the box to say enable negative postings which is in the settings area it then worked.
  • nightowl1016
    nightowl1016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    jo9632 wrote: »
    I was getting the same problem, I followed all the advice about disconnecting and reconnecting and shutting and reopening the apps which didn't work. In the end I found that if I ticked the box to say enable negative postings which is in the settings area it then worked.

Where is the box to enable negative postings. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting and that didn't help me.
  • Samurai_Princesd
    Samurai_Princesd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been having the same issue with my Fitbit Charge HR for 2 weeks.
    pmcannata wrote: »
    It says in my fitness pal that it is syncing, but it is not registering the steps etc. Any one can help?

• Samurai_Princesd
    Samurai_Princesd Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Go under setting then "Food and Diary" setting and scroll down until you see "Calorie Adjustments." Click the box that says "Enable Negative Adjustments." I learned that If you have linked your MyFitnessPal account to a device or app that measures your total calorie burn (Fitbit, Bodymedia, etc.), check this box to allow negative calorie adjustments from that partner to appear on your exercise diary. Otherwise, only positive adjustments will be allowed.
    Changes to this setting will be in effect only for adjustments received from that point on (past adjustments will not be restated).

A negative adjustment means that your projected calorie burn for the day from the partner is below MyFitnessPal's initial estimate. If you are unable to sync your tracking device until late in the day, or if you don't consistently use your tracking device, you may prefer not to enable negative adjustments.
  • abbysmom22
    abbysmom22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Do you have to have my fitness pal premium because I don't have "calorie adjustments" or "enable negative adjustments" on my app
  • nightowl1016
    Options
    abbysmom22 wrote: »
    Do you have to have my fitness pal premium because I don't have "calorie adjustments" or "enable negative adjustments" on my app

I couldn't find it in the app, but I found it under "Diary Settings" on the web version. I do not have a premium account. I guess I'll have to see if it works.
  • nightowl1016
    Options
    abbysmom22 wrote: »

I couldn't find it in the app, but I found it under "Diary Settings" on the web version. I do not have a premium account. I guess I'll have to see if it works.

Unfortunately, allowing negative calorie adjustments has not helped me. Any other suggestions? This is a recent thing. Did something change that can be changed back?
  • jk_98
    jk_98 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My Charge 2 and My Fitness Pat also quit syncing a couple of days ago. I've tried the old solution of unlinking and then linking again. Didn't help. Have there been any changes in either app recently.
  • janerfitnesspal145
    janerfitnesspal145 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Started having the syncing issues between Fitbit and MFP on Tuesday 1/24 (using computer app, not a phone). Other family members using the phone app are not having sync issues. My MFP info is syncing to Fitbit, but my Fitbit steps aren't syncing to MFP, so Fitbit is working. Did the usual troubleshooting, unlinking both, re-linking, etc., but nothing helped. This happened last year and several weeks later it was fixed, hoping MFP gets it fixed again.
  • illpotion
    illpotion Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know how to have MFP track my Fitbit steps. They are linked up.
  • candacerenae1990
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. It's a bit ridiculous when you send them a email and tell you to do everything you already did. So you reply that you did and don't hear back from them. Mine is still screwed up. Worked fine this morning. So frustrating!
  • Lindsors
    Lindsors Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This has been happening for me for the past two days. Unlinked, deleted both apps, reinstalled and re-linked. I tried checking the Negative calories box too. It's still broken. It seems like Fitbit can read some of my food diary, but MFP isn't loading anything.
  • FabianMommy
    FabianMommy Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Same problem here, it's really annoying.
  • mdnorthside
    mdnorthside Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Just found this solution online:

Forcing a Sync
    Once you have verified Fitbit is connected, you can try to force a sync. First, make sure your Fitbit has synced to the Fitbit dashboard. If you are unable to sync your Fitbit device to the Fitbit dashboard, please contact Fitbit support at https://help.fitbit.com/

Once data is flowing from your device to Fitbit, you can manually add a cardio exercise to your MyFitnessPal diary, such as walking for two minutes (you can delete the entry later if you like). Within 15 minutes (usually sooner) this should force a sync for your Fitbit adjustment.

Sorry if it doesn't work for your problem but it did mine and I wanted to share ^_^
  • colindavidsonuk
    colindavidsonuk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had issues and tried reconnecting the apps from the web, however the solution for me was ensuring that the Fitbit Tracker was SELECTED on the Apps/Steps page.
    This was also the issue for my partner - simply refresh your fitbit data after you've selected it (Blue to Grey) then go to the home page.
    Unfortunately it's only that days data you get from the look of it...
  • ssupytalp
    ssupytalp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem; trying the solution that mdnorthside posted above seems to have worked!

(Add some excersize - I just added 10 minutes of walking - to your mfp diary. It took a few minutes, but then my Fitbit steps for the day finally showed up! After which I deleted those 10 minutes I'd logged, because I actually spent those browsing this forum....)
  • jose_collado77
    jose_collado77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. So I had the same problem and I did a combination of ideas posted here on this thread.

1. You log into MRP on a computer.
    2. Once logged on, you click on the "Food" link and THEN on Settings.
    3. Scroll down and click on "Enable Negative Adjustments"
    4. Ensure that you scroll all the way down and save changes.
    5. Then I went to my Fitbit app and did a resynch to ensure that Fitbit had the latest info
    6. Switch back to MFP and click on the "More" link on the bottom right (iOS) and scroll all the way down and force it to sync.

After I did all of this, my steps were tracked for today (so far). Now I don't know if this is the final fix. Before, when I opened MFP, it automatically updated my Fitbit steps and actually updated my caloric use based on those steps.

Now it doesn't. Hopefully this fix will get it un-corked.

Hope this helps.
  • ayj72
    ayj72 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too struggle to get myfitnesspal pal and Fitbit to sync sometimes. I use a variety of solutions the least helpful of which are myfitnesspal pal themselves who just sent me endless emails without actually reading mine properly (it seemed). I use my myfitnesspal on my phone and the 3 things that work for me (not necessarily together or all the time) are 1) toggling between using Fitbit to record steps and not recording step data, then coming out of the ap, then going back in and re selecting Fitbit 2) adding step data directly into myfitnesspal then forcing a sync 3) restarting my phone.
    In my experience it can take much longer than 15 minutes for data to sync between the two.
    There are some days when it just doesn't sync no matter what I do - I once lost 30000 steps