• A place to see vitals
  • The breakdown of daily nutrients
  • Sleep tracker, integrated with Sleep Better
  • Other?

Replies

• TrystanCamp
    TrystanCamp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The feature I love the best is the activity counter. It helps me keep track of all of my goals..how long I've stood, calories, exercise. I love this watch. I put it on every day before I even brush my teeth lol and the music is a fantastic feature as well. I bought beats wireless headphones and at the gym I just turn my music on my watch and not iPod etc needed
  • Ante_Up
    Ante_Up Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love the activity counter as well as the heart rate monitor/workout feature.
  • 419er
    419er Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I like the fact that I can control my run with the Nike+Running app, and control my music, without pulling my phone out of my pocket. While on a long training run, or even a race, my wife and other friends like to text me encouragement. With my phone in my pocket I could never read them - now with my watch I can just glance down and immediately see my time, my distance, my encouragement, skip to the next podcast, or hit my 'power song playlist' - whatever I need to do. Plus I finally have pictures of me crossing the finish line that aren't of me trying to fumble to end my run...
  • sslininger
    sslininger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like the activity app a lot and even stopped using my Fitbit. I also like being able to check my heart rate whenever I want to. I like the notifications and being able to take phone calls on the watch. Actually there isn't anything I don't like about Apple Watch!
  • shazzabir
    shazzabir Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love the music control and text/ phone call notifications. Also found the daily goals for move, steps etc very motivating
  • Educate2015
    Educate2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm going to order one now. I was curious about mfp integration with the watch.
  • michellepearson224
    michellepearson224 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thinking of buying one mainly for fitness tracking purposes - how accurate are the calorie burns?
  • InvincibleJ
    InvincibleJ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bought mine last Wednesday. Absolutely love it! Used it to track a Military Fitness class and was surprised at how many km we covered in a class.

Love the Activity app, I've been so determined to meet my targets! The calorie counter is brilliant and love the heart rate monitor. Ordered a set of wireless earphones and can't wait to try it out with the watch.

It's not cheap but it's such a great investment, I don't regret it at all.
  • gcgiftos
    gcgiftos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    sslininger wrote: »
    I like the activity app a lot and even stopped using my Fitbit. I also like being able to check my heart rate whenever I want to. I like the notifications and being able to take phone calls on the watch. Actually there isn't anything I don't like about Apple Watch!

I still use my Fitbit, but would rather use my watch. Have you found a way to sync your exercise data from your Apple watch to your MyFitnessPal account?

• Lauri524
    Lauri524 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am in love with my Apple watch! I try to complete the activity "circles" every day. It keeps me right on track!
  • ChannellAnn
    ChannellAnn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Has anyone figured out how to integrate the Apple Watch with MyFitnessPal? I love my watch and I would like my daily goals and results to show on my MFP account. Thanks.
  • jamiebrain
    jamiebrain Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking for info on integrating the apple watch info into MFP. Bueller? :)
  • ajet615
    ajet615 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Check out this link to answer how to integrate the Apple Watch with MFP.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1957681-how-does-the-myfitnesspal-apple-watch-app-work-
  • iMacGirl
    iMacGirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The feature I enjoy is the activity monitor and the heart rate monitor. I'm really enjoying the watch.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I love everything about the apple watch. I use it most for activity tracking. I would like to figure out how to connect with friends that have apple watch.
  • brileylmt
    brileylmt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have been checking the resting energy section on my dashboard. As I understand, resting energy is the amount of energy (calories) you burn in a day just to function during the day. Does anyone use that number for the amount of calories you need a day so that what you burn for exercise will be the fat you need to loose? Or am I just confused with how to figure out what my daily calorie intake should be.
  • groodlesuk
    groodlesuk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have been checking the resting energy section on my dashboard. As I understand, resting energy is the amount of energy (calories) you burn in a day just to function during the day. Does anyone use that number for the amount of calories you need a day so that what you burn for exercise will be the fat you need to loose? Or am I just confused with how to figure out what my daily calorie intake should be.

If you check the Move section at the end of the day, it will tell you your total calorie burn (resting and active calories combined) for the day.

• e_baqi83
    e_baqi83 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This is a fabulous thread. Super useful as I've just become the proud owner of an Apple Watch 2 TODAY! So excited!
  • Devinec67
    Devinec67 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just got my Series 2 Apple Watch and used it for the first time in the pool. Love IT! the only draw back for me is that when you want to stop the activity you must turn off the water lock before you can stop the activity tracking.
  • rachelm920
    rachelm920 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a series 1 watch and I really like the stand reminders since I have a desk job. It tells me to get off my rear end and walk around the office LOL. I have recently switched from Android to Apple products, and I'm feeling that the Apple watch is a lot more accurate in tracking steps than my Android watch was. I meet my goal a lot more frequently than I did using the Android one, and I know that some days I'm not walking any more than I was before.

I have to say my absolute favorite feature (although not fitness related) is how easy it is to change the bands. I'm wearing blue today, switched to a blue bumper and band.