February 5 sign-in

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• soda80
    soda80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feb 3
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Nothing like a dog to guilt you into exercise. At least she’s not embarrassed by me. See below.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes. Made a great onion and tomato salsa and ate a boatload of it with celery and carrot crudités for a total of minus 20 cals. Cause, you know, all that labour-intensive washing and chopping and digesting? (Ok, maybe it was just a few cals more than that).

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes. Data is king.

Feb 4
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes. Every Saturday in summer I go to watch my teenage son play cricket. For those of you unfamiliar with the game that we in Australia inherited from our colonial masters, it is played on an oval the size of an athletic field and the schoolboy version lasts for 4 or 5 hours. I assumed I could multi-task and walk around the oval while I was watching the game. At the drinks break my son approached and the conversation went something like this.
    TB (teenage boy): Mum, please don’t walk around.
    Me: Pardon?
    TB: Don’t walk around.
    Me: Why not?
    TB: Because it’s embarrassing
    … (long silence)…
    Me: Pardon?
    TB: You walk… funny
    … (another long silence)…
    Me: Funny how?
    TB: I don’t know. Funny.
    Me: Funny as in strange or funny as in John Cleese Ministry of Silly Walks?
    TB: (blank stare).

Apparently I not only walk funny, I am very, very old. For the record, my “power” walking is a thing of grace and beauty, with nice high elbows and knees, and the occasional shuffle-jog when the mood takes me.

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes. I successfully resisted the sausage sizzle at the cricket clubhouse.

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes. Still trying to sort out the negative calories thing that happens when you sync Fitbit with MFP. Freaks me out every time.
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    @soda80, I am so not looking forward to the days when I begin to embarrass my kids for no reason. Good job keeping up with everything!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @soda80 it's reassuring to know that in Australia, like here in the USA, our children are embarrassed by their parents. Just think, someday, they will be an embarrassment to their kids. I'm a grandfather now. Interestingly, our grandchildren seem to enjoy being with us!
  • soda80
    soda80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    RangerRickL and RunningMom

I consider it part of the job description. If they don't wish they were no relation at least once a week, I'm not doing my job right. I could be worse. A lot worse. One mum called out across the cricket pitch that her son had forgotten his 'box' (private parts protector). There was a lot of snickering from his mates after that one.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Lol embarrassing the children is the best. :D
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Thanks Rick for not giving me the boot!
    Pass days 1 2 3 (and a bonus 4 and 5) all used up. I've had horrible horrible flu. Nearly, nearly over it. But phone or computer screens have hurt my eyes and had no energy to exercise so no logging and not been here.

Today my (not a baby anymore!) daughter turned 1. We've had a great day. Some photos from today have just been whatsapped between family and agh! Yuck! I have a long way to go still. Healthy or not I'll be here the rest of the month. Well done everyone who's trying their best!xx
  • deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    OK, I have to take a pass today. I'm already way off track. But, I have shopped for the week, and I have a plan.

Our kids are embarrassed by us, until they realize they are turning into us! This happened with my daughter, now 21. As a preteen and teenager, she was always mortified by the things I do and say, and now, she texts (or snapchats) me whenever she finds she is doing or saying something she got from me!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes 35 minute aerobic DVD
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes
  • RunningMom1038
    Options
    @am_change, I hope you feel all better soon!
  • cdjackson568
    cdjackson568 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Exercise 30 min walk
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,257 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes, 3 hours of downhill skiing
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    E- DVD
    T- yes
    C- yes
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I need to use my 2nd pass today...
    Birthday party + super bowl party
    Hmmm... exercise, hold my friend's 25lbs baby a long time and walking around the party for 20+ minutes lol!
    We're not going to talk about food today... though I did log everything, not pretty!
  • Chatiann
    Chatiann Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    First really hard day but thanks to thinking all day about having to report here, I DID IT !! Yaeh!
    YES Logged everything in
    YES stayed within calorie goal
    YES exercised on my stationery bike for 20 minutes exactly, no more no less! lol
  • RunningMom1038
    Options
    All good for today! Exercised, tracked, and stayed under. I hope you all have a fabulous Monday tomorrow! It is my weigh-in day.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (went for 30-min mall walk on this very busy day and hubby supported me by coming along)

Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES

Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Actually, this activity was done yesterday, and yesterday's activity was done today. I edited the post from yesterday too many times, and it wouldn't let me change it.

Bottom line...dare I say it...I'm 5 days in and winning...it's a miracle!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    You did better than me!
    This is Pass Day 1 for me
    See you tomorrow!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Exercise? 30 min Jillian Michaels Shred-It with Weights Funny, I don't look shredded but feel my knees are shredded.
    Calories? Stayed within, even with more cake and chili also.
    Keeping track? Yes, even that luscious homemade lemon cake (that there's more left of....)

I think I would've skipped my exercise if it wasn't for this challenge- so thanks RRick! B)
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; a 30 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes