Traditional Catholic Prayers

Options
I thought I would list some traditional Catholic prayers here, in case anyone desires to use one. Since this is a weight loss support group, in addition to being a spiritual support group, I thought I'd start with the meal blessings. I have included the Latin version as well, where available (I am not a Latin scholar, so I can't do a proper translation. Google Translate can only do so much...). Enjoy!

Replies

• ZelleLarentia
    ZelleLarentia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Prayer Before Meals / Benedic, Domine

Bless us, O Lord, and these Thy gifts which we are about to receive from Thy bounty, through Christ, Our Lord, amen.

Latin Version: Benedic, Domine
    Benedic, Domine, nos et haec tua dona quae de tua largitate sumus sumpturi. Per Christum Dominum nostrum. Amen.
  • ZelleLarentia
    Options
    Prayer After Meals / Agimus tibi gratias

We give Thee thanks for all Thy benefits, O Almighty God, Who livest and reignest forever. And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.

Latin Version: Agimus tibi gratias
    Agimus tibi gratias, omnipotens Deus, pro universis beneficiis tuis, qui vivis et regnas in saecula saeculorum. Fidelium animae, per misericordiam Dei, requiescant in pace. Amen.
  • jlr_405
    jlr_405 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks, i love being Catholic and found these translations useful. Best of luck in your weightloss journey to you and everyone else reading this!
  • ACSelkie
    ACSelkie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards jir
  • ZelleLarentia
    Options
    Act of Faith / Actus Fidei

O my God! I firmly believe that Thou art one God in three Divine persons, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost; I believe that Thy Divine Son became man, and died for our sins, and that he will come to, judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths which the Holy Catholic Church teaches, because Thou hast revealed them, who canst neither deceive nor be deceived

Latin Version: Actus Fidei
    Domine Deus, firma fide credo et confiteor omnia et singula quæ sancta ecclesia Catholica proponit, quia tu, Deus, ea omnia revelasti, qui es aeterna veritas et sapientia quae nec fallere nec falli potest. In hac fide vivere et mori statuo. Amen.