Introductions

Options
Hi! If anyone joins me in this group, here is my story!

I am a 36 yr old married male from Australia. I always struggle with my weight, and my willpower is to blame. Starting the Optifast journey to lose about 25KG (44lbs) and become the father I want to be to my two beautiful daughters.

Please share your story.

Replies

• MyOptimalLife
    MyOptimalLife Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    27 yo female who recently moved to Colorado by way of Georgia. I've also always struggled with my weight, trying every program under the sun. I figured, go big or go home. On January 17th, I start my year-long transformation journey that is medically-supervised. I'm excited to give it a shot. I figure it's better to go this route instead of immediately jumping into surgery!
  • javamu
    javamu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey - I am also in Colorado and have been on Optifast for 6 weeks so far. Wish you good luck.
  • Bigdog214
    Bigdog214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there. My name is Ken. I'm a 57 yo male in Florida. Started yesterday on Optifast. I'm excited and need support.
  • Maio44
    Maio44 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm 46. From New Zealand. Been big my whole life. Have about 50kg to lose. Married, two teenagers. Tried everything, so this is going to work :)
    Just starting week 3.
  • elenagking
    elenagking Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started the plan today. I spaced my drinks out to where I half a shake each hour and I was full all day. Has anyone else done this?
    I still have a shake left and I'm so full!
  • dangerousmezzo
    dangerousmezzo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second day of Optifast 900 -- managed by the Partners for Healthier Weight team out of QEII hospital in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Loving it so far! We had three weeks at 1200 calories and are now starting 12 weeks of Optifast 900. We don't have access to the range of Optifast items that are offered in other parts of the world -- it's strictly the vanilla or chocolate optifast 225 calorie shakes -- 4 of them, for a total of 900 calories per day.
  • LittleMissRedX
    LittleMissRedX Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm Annie, a 20yo female from Australia. I've always struggled with my weight, especially since changing contraception and beginning University a couple years ago.
    I have about 15-20kg to lose and have started Optifast this morning.

Anyone have any advice for me? Also, add me if you'd like! :blush:
  • bizeebec02
    bizeebec02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am starting my first day of Optifast it is a 16 week meal replacement only program followed by 14 weeks of incorporating food back into our diet, and finally a 52 week maintenance program. I have regained 40 lbs after reaching my goal weight and keeping it off for 6 years.