High Carb Low Fat / Raw 'Till 4

Options
So I am trying a modified version of HCLF Raw 'Till 4 and I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences. My name is Canaan by the way.

I am not planning on eating a minimum of 2500 calories, because that is WAY too much. I'm keeping my goal closer to 1200 - 1300. And I will eat lentils and other legumes. And I am not necessarily vegan, but I am plant-based.

If anyone has tried this, how did it go? Were you successful?

Replies

• Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I eat high carb low fat but I'm starch based. I follow the raw till whenever plan which is based on the starch solution. I eat bran 1700 and 2000 calls a day
  • GoCleanGoLean
    GoCleanGoLean Posts: 71 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I eat high carb low fat but I'm starch based. I follow the raw till whenever plan which is based on the starch solution. I eat bran 1700 and 2000 calls a day

1700 -- 2000? It might be because I am so used to limiting my calories (when I think of weight loss calorie ranges, I typically come up with 1200 -- 1300), but those numbers seem rather . . . high.

If you don't mind me asking? Are you able to successfully lose weight while eating just below 2,000 calories a day? Because if you are, then this Raw Till Whenever plan seems quite right for me, haha.

More importantly, how do you feel when you eat this way? Do you have a lot of energy? I have 4 little siblings, and I need to be on a diet/lifestyle that will allow me to be healthy and have plenty of energy left over to play with them
  • orendork
    orendork Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight, I was HCLF (starch based) and eating around 1700 calories a day. I lost 5 pounds a month, sometimes a little more, and I was never hungry. I ate TONS of veggies and bananas, but the bulk of my calories came from corn and potatoes and oatmeal. Mostly veggies if I'm being honest, though, which means I ate a LOT. Like, four cups of vegetables. I lost 20 pounds in three months, and I would have kept it off because it was so easy to maintain, but sadly I caught a parasite.
    So, I'm trying the starch-based thing again! I usually eat higher fat vegan foods, but clearly that hasn't been helping me, lol.
  • ButICouldNeverBeRaw
    ButICouldNeverBeRaw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't follow a strict regimen, but I do eat a lot of raw foods. Some days I eat fully raw and others I don't depending on how I feel and what I'm craving. I also don't calorie stuff or calorie restrict. I also don't eat a very low fat diet of 5-10%, but focus on eating a highly nutritious diet. My fats usually land around 15-25%. I eat mostly intuitively until I'm satisfied every day usually over 2000 calories. I tend to lose weight rather effortlessly eating a high raw diet and it makes me feel my best.
  • ButICouldNeverBeRaw
    ButICouldNeverBeRaw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm looking for friends who are following vegan and vegan high raw/fully raw diets. My diary is open to friends too.
  • coffeebean92
    coffeebean92 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hey there I am also hi carb low fat. I don't do raw till 4 though as i come from a history of ed i think for me it would be too restrictive. I really like Dr. Mcdougall and Mr and Mrs Vegan on youtube. I try to eat at least 50 percent of my calories from fruit and veg I think that helps feel full a lot. Personally I have been eating around 1500 to 1550 daily and 2000 around my period about 3 days out of the month. I have been doing better this last month on not binging whoohoo (: I think adding in sweet potatoes no oil and lots of frozen veggies has helped me a lot and its cheap.