Options
Hello All My name is Tawanda and I just wanted to say hello to all of my fellow members as well as to talk about my weight loss journey a bit. My weight has been up and down all my life and I am really wanting to get in control of my weight for myself and for God. I have to live in order to carry out My Father in Heaven's Great Commission and I need to be in good health to do so. I am hoping we all would support and empower each other towards holistic living. My down falls of losing weight are inconsistency, overeating, lack of exercise, lack of motivation and sugar. What are some of you guys' down falls and how could we help you maintain your goals?

You guys could help me maintain my weight loss goals by checking in on me to see how I am doing as far as eating healthy and exercising. Basically hold me accountable for my actions. At this moment I weigh 312 pounds and would like to get down to 305 by February 26th. Thanks for reading.

Replies

• Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Shellan. This group caught my eye with support for physical, mental and emotional. I have been labeled with bipolar but am stable and would like to take preventative care through exercising, eating right, proper self care and prayer. I weigh 148.4 and would like to shed 15 lbs or more. My downfalls are going too many hours without eating then eating too much, breads, processed foods, and sweets. I am pretty good with exercise but would like to add some strength training into my routine.
  • tberkley1
    tberkley1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Shellan! I am really excited about meeting the members and making a change. I think we can really do this!!!
  • Shellanfit
    Shellanfit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    tberkley1 wrote: »
    Good Afternoon Shellan! I am really excited about meeting the members and making a change. I think we can really do this!!!

We got this :smile:
  • ajbenso33
    ajbenso33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I set up the group in the hope that people will start to look at fitness holistically. I struggle with not enough exercise, and late afternoon healthy food choices.

I'm a vegetarian and while I have a history of fantastic exercise (I ran a marathon in 2010, and competed in a figure competition in 2012), that is not what I have been doing in my current season of life.

I believe in incorporating natural choices, including whole Foods, exercise, and essential oils, and staying away from artificial dyes and preservatives. I also believe God has to be at the center of it all!

May God bless your journey!

AJ
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Brigitte. For most of my adult life my weight has bounced from 160 to 136. Mainly I stay in the 140's. My goal weight is 125. I have not seen that since I was in my twenties ( I am now 57). About two years ago we ( my husband and I ) started eating organic and cut out soda. I am still a work in progress on cutting out sugar, simple carbs and process foods. We rarely go out to eat, and I am trying to do more meatless meals. I have noticed when I juice, eat right and exercise I feel so much better then when I am lazy and eat crap. I know what to do, yet I dont do it. I think juicing is one of the things that I can tell a difference in, how my body feels. At 57 I know that whatever I do now will determine how I feel in my 60's, 70's, 80's and beyond. I want to be a "young" older person. Plus I am a little vain, and want to look good too :) Me and my husband are empty nesters, I never want our romance/courting each other ever die. I know "looks" are not important, but when you feel like you look good, you also feel good too.