Week 46 Daily check-In (Monday February 13th Through Sunday February 19th)

Options
heatherc369
heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
Ok, I keep saying I am back but I just cant do it ugh! every damn weekend its the same damn thing with gaining back all my weight i lost through the week.. I am so over it!

Tonight I am going to force myself to do my favorite workout...bi's and tri's and if I am feeling froggy maybe some abs too.......

Replies

• AZLisaLou
    AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    @heatherc369 I'm with you on that....I've gained back this week what I lost last week. My older daughter and I had a 14 hour day driving and seeing my son in prison yesterday. We had fast food twice on the drive and also shared 3 bottles of soda while there. *heavy sigh* Good for you though for having determination to do your workout tonight.
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Only one more week until I can get back to my lifts.. so ready!! Decided after 3-4 weeks at a weight standstill that I needed to drop my cals a little lower for a few weeks and see if I can get the scale moving in the right direction. Doing great on food and water today.. nailing my macros. Going to the gym tonight for some cardio and legs. Time to get it!!!
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Up a few pounds... lots of water retention from starting back at the gym AND a weekend of soccer tournaments with saltier food and sitting around. It got my brain today, tho and felt defeated.
    Got back to spin again today and was a go go go type of day, ate well, drank ton of water. I did notice, that while I was away from the gym, I felt mentally at peace... I get back to the gym and the comparison to other women hits me... ugh, one more thing to work at, I had never really noticed it. I guess these last few months were the first ones in a long time I have actually felt content and in control of my weight... hopefully today was just a glitch in the system., :smiley:
    @AZLisaLou that was a long day, plus I imagine emotional! Regardless of reason, it must be hard seeing your kiddo in prison. You got the rest of the week to make up for it a bit!
    @heatherc369 it's harde to get back into the full rhythm of it! I'm still struggling! You can do this!! Remember, were kick*kitten* women!!!!
    @kerryatoon, you're almost there girl! What's your caloric allowance right now? I'm thinking of reducing mine a little, just to see a bit of a reduction in the next few weeks!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I am amazed.....after a 12 hour stressful day, I got home late had so much to do but managed to get a small workout in while cooking dinner lol
    Cals were on point
    Water is very much lacking lately :(
    Steps are almost as bad as my water intake :(

I did (2) Sets of 10 with 10 lbs dumbells of the following
    Bicep Curls
    Hammer curls
    Arnold Press
    Tricep Extensions
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    I'm having a hard time resisting sweets this week!!! Which is why I hardly ever buy a BIG box of flaky, delicious cookies from Costco!!!!! Or carrot cake! Or any of that stuff! Hehe
    I got my walk/jog in on the treadmill yesterday. Spinning today!
    Water intake has been good, steps have been good! I still need to start logging calories again, which I have not done in months!!!!!
    Have a good day, pretty ladies!!!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    @NadiaMayI It is amazing how hard it is to start logging again lol It used to be so automatic but now I'm like *kitten*, I have not logged all day ..but good thing I eat the same damn thing all the time lol However, last night was a friends birthday and we went downtown to a club that does "Wine down Wednesdays" $15 Bottomless wine, champagne, sangria and appetizers. I was really good I had 1 beer (only two options and did not care for either so that was easy) and I had 1 sangria and no apps! So i barely got my moneys worth because by the time I went to go get another drink apparently the "special" was over. It apparently was only from 5-9 well We all got off work late and spent 1 hour driving around downtown Orlando looking for a parking spot, I think there was a game at the arena because I have never seen a weeknight as busy down there as I did lastnight...but we got caught up talking and having a good time and did not keep track of the time so we were SOL....which was probably for the better on a work night and trying to lose weight lol
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    I'm also having a hard time getting back around to logging. I know I'm not doing very well without it as I've gained since I last checked a week or so ago.

@nadiamayl, yes, it was emotional. It's always hard to leave when I see him. Thanksgiving this year can't come soon enough when he gets out! Unfortunately, heroin took control of his life. He's doing great in recovery, and I'm pretty confident that he'll be able to stay clean once he gets out. He's got a great mindset now. With you having a hard time with sweets...me too! Hubs bought me chocolates for V'sDay and I'm ashamed to admit I plowed through those bad boys in 2 days flat! For me, as always, I satisfy my sweet tooth with soda. ugh. Tyler is doing better off heroin than I can trying to get off soda!!!

@heatherc369 sounds like a fun night out. You did well!
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Doing well on my cal goals so far this week.. it hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be to go a little lower. Drinking my water but haven't been able to get to the gym since Monday night :neutral:@NadiaMayl I went down from 1500-1600 to 1300-1400.. I'm sure once I get back to exercising I'll be losing again. Have a great week! It's almost FRIDAY!! WOOHOO!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I haven't been too good at checking in and daily accountability. I have been having a hard time with my food, every day I say this is it.....today is the day. And by night time I have sabotaged myself. The scale is up 7 lbs since Christmas Day. I really want to be lighter this spring, this can't go on.

Help!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    maureli wrote: »
    I haven't been too good at checking in and daily accountability. I have been having a hard time with my food, every day I say this is it.....today is the day. And by night time I have sabotaged myself. The scale is up 7 lbs since Christmas Day. I really want to be lighter this spring, this can't go on.

Help!

Girl I can totally relate! We just need to find that drive again! We can do it....we just cannot give up!!!!! PERIOD!!!
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Hehehe so we've all agreed how hard it is to fall off the wagon and start again.... no biggie. It's not a failure it's a test and part of life! The poiunt is, we don't give up!!
    @AZLisaLou what a difficult thing to go through with your baby! Addiction is a BUTCH! (Replace U with I). And as a mom, probably my biggest fear of them all! I'm glad you see his change in attitude and that he has your support!
    So girls. Here's to not giving up!! And even after going through a time of difficulty, illness, laziness, or whatever else gets thrown at us, we still come
    In here, share, vent, and get back into it!!!!!! We can do this!!!!!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words! I actually had a good day yesterday. I stayed within my cals and my macros weren't bad. Had an evening snack, but didn't pig out. Yay. Plus it was Friday. haha
    I have discovered spaghetti squash. I cooked it once before and hated it. Maybe it is all in the way you cook it....but this time I liked it. Cut it in half, scooped out the seeds, sprayed a it of olive oil on it, salt and pepper and baked it. I am going to try it like pasta this weekend, with a bit of tomato sauce. This is what I need, a bit of a change up!

@AZLisaLou - big hugs to you, I am sure that it is hard to visit and leave your son. I hope that the time from now til Thanksgiving goes quickly and his recovery is successful. I myself love fast food, although it is one thing that I hardly ever eat. I love a Big Mac! lol If we go to Wendys I will often have the Taco Salad instead of a burger. They are pretty tasty.

@NadiaMayl - I hear you on the sweets! I have been just dipping into the bag of chocolate chips lately. Why are they even there, I don't use them. I guess I bought them over Christmas to bake with but they never got all used up. I have to take them to my moms to get them out of the house.

@heatherc369 - good for your getting a workout in while getting your dinner! You are obviously in the right mindset....a place I need to be. I have actually been getting my workouts in too, so at least I have that.

@Kerryatoon - glad that you will soon be back into your lifting! I'm just curious, what do you usually aim for with your macros? 50/30/20? Yesterday mine were 55/30/15 (C/P/F)

well I am off. Determined to have a good day. It is Saturday.....often a tough one. If I can make this a good day, I know I can do it. :wink:
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Just because! Kid 1 had an early soccer game, left the house at 7:00am. So I sent them with dad and made myself go to the gym!!! Got through my spin class and treated myself to the hot tub for some achy muscle relief. :smiley:
    Feels pretty good!
    @maureli all it takes is starting on one good day!!! Good for you yesterday!!!
    Have a great weekend ladies!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    We loaded up the car yesterday with (Bikes, Tennis rackets & balls, Skates, skateboard, basketball and the boys) and headed to the park. My poor stepson is so overweight due to the medication his mom has him on that makes him like a zombie because they swear he has ADD...we never had any problems with him until he got on the meds. if it is not involving video games or some other non active indoor activity he cannot do it. poor kid ( 8years old 96 lbs) can barely walk he waddles and looks like he hurts so bad all of the time :( He mustve cried and gave up 20 times on each activity we tried to get him to do.....he bottles up and will not say why but all the things he used to be able to do (ride a bike for example) he can no longer do because he cannot handle his own weight...it pisses me off, makes me sick and makes me sad........I do not know what to do ...he acts like we are torturing him by taking him outside to be active. Hubby and I played tennis for a good hour (I had to be uber careful and had 2 close calls with my ankle) while the boys rode their bikes around the path....my son would do 3 laps to Jayden's 1 because he fell every 20 feet and would ride right off the sidewalk because all of a sudden he cannot steer, then he would throw the bike down and start crying .........what was supposed to be a fun active day turned out to be a disturbing wake-up call as to my stepsons future.....I have no idea what to do and it breaks my heart! My 7 year old has abs, guns and is totally ripped (like for real for real) and poor Jayden Has cellulite all over his lower body and stomach...none of this started until the meds.....he was always sickly skinny until the past year, everytime he comes over (every other weekend) his clothes we have get too tight and hes on new meds because he has gained weight) I just want to strangle baby momma so damn bad!

Ok rant over
  • NadiaMayl
    Options
    Aawww that's heart breaking @heatherc369 !! But if the momma is blind to it, it's gonna be hard, unless your hubby has a good relationship with her, then they could start a dialogue about it! The only thing you can do, is lovingly show him about nutrition and exercise when he's with you, at least he'll have the basics engrained in his brain when he's able to take control over his own life.
  • AZLisaLou
    Options
    @heatherc369 that's so terrible! I guess the only thing you can do is work with him and like @nadiamayl said teach him and guide him as much as you can. Does your dh have a good relationship with baby mama? Maybe there's something the dr can put him on that won't cause so much weight gain. It's got to be especially hard for him having been thin and fit and all of a sudden so overweight.

I'm not doing well at all. I've gained even more weight. I'm creeping back up toward my high weight (19 lbs away from it). I don't feel like I've been eating a ton, and I haven't been buying too many snacks. It's got to be the soda. Oh Lord I wish they had rehab for soda!!! not even joking. It's an addiction that I can't seem to get out from under.