February 16 sign-in

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
  • RangerRickL
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I could not pass this one up!
    The real question of the day (which I ask at mid-month) is what Non-Scale-Victories are you, or should you be, celebrating? Think about it...the scale does not tell you the truth about your health and fitness. Are you stronger? slimmer? what can you do now that you could not do when you began the healthier you journey?
    My victory is that last night, I bought a new belt. It was the same size and the buckle went to the same hole as it has for the last year. That is my a big victory for me. I'm not Mr. Slim, but I'm ok with me where I am.
    How about you? What do you celebrate?
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

Great gains:
    Sleep better
    Feel better
    Clothes fit better
    More stamina
    Better control of my diet

Not-so-great gains:
    My face seems more fleshy, it's so weird!
    I'm beginning to notice a little loose skin, even in my hands :#

However . . .

t2kb8ldlzjab.jpg

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    NSV people refer to me as the little one. Remember I now work at the cookie capital where eating goodies is a given. LOL

Yesterday a 73 year old guy told Pat he has sex 3 times a week she goes "Good to Know." When he left we burst out laughing she goes I couldn't remember Sue's saying I go it's "Thanks for sharing." LOL :D
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo HA! that is a NSV for the 73 yr old :p

I used to sit in the worst are in our office for treats and food. It was hard to behave when it was sitting next to your desk!

My NSV is I realized this week that exercise really is a part of my routine now. I met friends for a movie yesterday and was sad I couldn't make it to the gym. HAHA It has been a while since I felt that way.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes 20 minute dog walk
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes

After 2 years and 50 pounds, my strength, endurance, and flexibity has improved tremendously! My losses have been excruciatingly slow, but looking back, it was the best thing for me as I have learned how to tweak my intake to find the right "recipe" for me to continue to lose, and I have become a master in maintaining. Long term goal is to get the last 25 pounds off this year.
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Good Afternoon from S.E. Alaska!

The 12th, 13th, and 14th I totally got in my 20 minutess of exercise and then some :+1: , and I may have stayed under my calorie goal since I'd raised them for my trip to Las Vegas...sadly I did NOT LOG-not one single thing over those three days. :cry:

I took a complete day of rest on the 15th and didn't exercise, log or attempt to stay under calories. :naughty:

However, I will own my choices and not regret my decision because I had a BLAST is Las Vegas! and yesterday was a decadent day, recuperating and binge watching t.v. shows on Hulu and Netflicks. I accept my consequences.

On a better behaved note :innocent: I don't have any PLANNED travel until June, so for the next 3 months I will be able to focus more on my healthy regime and I will exercise, stay under calorie goal and LOG! :smile:

I will continue to check in here for the rest of this month, for my own accountability, I had planned to start today, but have been so busy at work I already forgot what I've eaten...so far. :blush:

Moving forward! have a GREAT weekend MFPalz!
  • JeffGoodsill
    JeffGoodsill Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I went over by 41 calories today. Did the work out and tracked all points.
  • cdjackson568
    cdjackson568 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Exercise 30 min walk
    Calories yes
    Tracking yes
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    FEBRARY 16 -NSV - Today was a celebration day at the office so we went to a quirky little Thai restaurant for the occasion. Without really thinking about it, my food order ( pork veggie lettuce wraps) was based on nutritional guesstimates first, not solely based on what sounded appealing. It was yummy, had lots of protein and, I think ,reasonable calories. Win win .

I used to go from starving to stuffed without ever feeling satisfied when I went out to eat. It's nice to be in control.

Exercise - yes 1400 meter morning swim
    Tracking - yes
    Calories - yes
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    NSV: I didn't have to buy even bigger pants again. I'm actually able to say "no" to some sweets.
    Exercise: hours of walking- literally!
    Calories: didn't eat the cake even though it would have fit into my cals
    Tracking: yes I did
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, one hour on the elliptical
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Back on track...
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am here to remind myself look up to other role models and not giving up, even though this is my 3rd day being bad.
    1 out of 3 Yes: log everything - the good, the bad and the worst!
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    E-yes SL 5x5
    C-yes
    T-yes

I've lost over 90 pounds in the past 18 months or so, and have many NSV's. I've dropped several sizes, lost inflammation and joint soreness, brain fog gone! Less cravings , and my hormones seem to better regulated.

I feel stronger, slightly leaner, and I'm sleeping better since joining this challenge.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Exercise: yes, walking and toddler aqua weights (daughters swim class = upper body strength training)
    Tracking:yes
    Calories:hmm. Yes, if I cheat to include eating back exercise calories. No if I don't. And I don't lose/maintain when I eat them back (tried and tested. Unlucky me). So no.

Nsv: more loose and falling down clothes.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 45 minutes of strength training and a 10 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes 30 minutes strength training w/trainer/45 minutes Aquazumba/20 minute dog walk
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes

Love this group accountability thread...when I make this post, my eating as stopped for the day!

• debmacke
    debmacke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Exercise? No, this is my 3rd and final pass day.
    Calories? Yes
    Track? Yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES