February 22 sign-in

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Hey, it's Wednesday and the short month is almost over. What kind of music and which musicians are important to you?
    This has nothing to do with Exercise; tracking; and calories...it's just fun.
    I love western/cowboy music which is oh-so unknown and unpopular today. My current favorite artist is Dave Stamey. Easy to find on youtube.
    On the other hand, my son-in-law is a drummer with Save Ferris, which plays Ska music. That is an energetic rock-reggae fusion. Even I think it's good rock.
    And you?
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I Listened to Classical while my daughter was growing up just to stay calm. Now I very rarely have the radio on I like the quiet. It's the first thing I turn off when I get into a car. Hubby just came home for lunch and I asked him and he said the same thing I don't listen to music any longer. He says he can't recall the last time I had the radio on not even for Xmas music. So I guess I will say nothing in particluar right now. ;)
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I think Music has a lot to do with exercise, especially if I am a Rebounding Dancing Queen!

I read today on a FB post "People who listen to more than one genre of music tend to be: smarter, more creative, open minded, honest." -unknown Not sure about that, but...

I LOVE all kinds of music depending on my mood, what I am doing and sometimes who I am with...it would be easier to say what I don't really care for and that is Hard Core Heavy Metal and Opera, although a few times when I was in just the right mood I have enjoyed them, but RARE occurrences! :lol:

Still a bit of a basket case regarding my health, but my mind is formulating a discussion and I will sit myself down and ponder some more so that I don't revert to negative affirmations and self deprecating comments!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Exercise? Yes 30 minutes with trainer/40minutes Aquafit/20 minute dog walk
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes

• SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Today the girls and I mean girls asked me to attend wings wine and pizza night. I laughed and said as honored as I was I'm old enough to be their mother's and needed to go home and do a few miles. I'm sure I made them feel guilty about their eating as I was going home to exercise. LOL But come spring I really don't want to have those thighs that wiggle and jiggle. I already have a few lbs to knock off. LOL
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY 22 - I'm off to sing some wonderful traditional Anglican choral music at choir practice.

Exercise - Yes - yoga class, spin class
    Tracking - yes
    Calories - yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES -- 30 min outdoor walk -- GORGEOUS February day in WI -- 65 degrees!!

Stay within cals? YES

Kept track? YES
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    E-yes walk
    T- yes
    C- yes
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Oh man, ska music. It's been years, but the OC Supertones got their start where I live now. My mood and music change a lot...Pavarotti to NOLA blues and jazz all in the same day. I listen to a lot of Christian music, but sometimes Clapton fits my mood. When I need to clean, there's nothing like ska! I've been spontaneously healed (of asthma), so the warning sign is accurate!

Exercise: hours slow walking (and shopping too)
    Calories: dumb Atkins bar had to be dessert, but at least it had lots of fiber (unlike cake)
    Tracking: yes, but I'm convinced I need to start measuring my food again...tomorrow....
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I love music and tend me to listen to a variety of genres. My favorites, however, are 70s and 80s rock, as well as alternative/bluegrass (hometown influence).

Exercise? Yes; an hour run and 32 minutes of walking - cardio day :)
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

I've noticed that when I get tired toward the end of my evening shift, I look for sweets. It is my most unhealthy time. Any recommendations for combating the late-night cravings?
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @pears734 The way that I handled late evening cravings in the past was a loser...that led to weight gain. I'd get hungry, go to the kitchen at 9:30pm and eat 500 calories (not tracked).
    Now, I accept that I will always be hungry at 9:30 and I go to the kitchen and eat to teaspoons of cottage cheese. You will want to choose what food you will eat, but I recommend a fat/protein, not carbs
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Today's report:
    Big challenge as I attended a business dinner put on by a financial adviser for some of our mutual clients. It was not hard to track and I focused on the seared salmon & wild rice.
    Exercise: boring indoor walking
    Calories: slightly under limit
    Tracking: yes, oh so critically important
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, went for a beautiful walk outside listening to Pandora...
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?Yes

I also listen to a variety of music but I like a good beat. Today I listened to Michael Jackson, The Bee Gees and the Moody Blues. I am a huge Bruce Springsteen fan. I try to go to as many of his concerts as I can.
    Hope you all had a great day!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    accomplished all three today!
  • debmacke
    debmacke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes, 30 minutes cardio and strength with Wii fit
    Track? Yes
    Calories? Yes

• NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    February 20
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

February 21

February 22
  • SweetPeasMom55
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @pears734 for the instead of a cookie I like Quaker mini choc rice cakes. The minis have more chocolate. Lol
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I love all types of music. Lately it is Hip Hop that is getting me motivated.
    Exercise? Yep I got a couple good walks in but I skipped the gym today to take it easy.
    Calories/Tracking? Yep with about 650 cals left :)