Newbie on the start of a long journey

Options
I need to lose at least 40lbs and have set myself the goal of actually doing something about it in 2017, rather than just talking about doing something about it as I have for the last couple of years. In the past I've been guilty of starting and then just giving up a few weeks down the line so I've joined the group for support and motivation to stay on it and keep going.

Replies

• artanis50
    artanis50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You sound exactly like me. I've tried more times that I can count in the past several years but I never REALLY committed. I'm committed NOW. Let's do this together! What's your biggest challenge? Mine is when I don't see progress or I see small gains on the scale, I get frustrated and give up. I REALLY need to change my mindset to look at the overall picture and the long term goal. I didn't put all this weight on overnight, it's certainly not going to come off overnight.
  • sweetneat75
    sweetneat75 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    yep, sounds like myself as well!!
  • Nikki22ii
    Nikki22ii Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly the same when I think I've done well and then I don't see any progress. In the past I've also made the classic mistake of weighing myself more than once a week then I get downhearted and go off the rails as I think what's the point. A friend has suggested measuring too as sometimes weight doesn't come off but perhaps 1/2 an inch does so I might give that a go - I haven't done that in the past as I haven't wanted to see what the tape measure says! I need to change my mindset too, although I bought a book about doing that about 6 months ago and it's still sitting unread on my desk at work ;-) I've also realised it's all about planning meals as much as possible rather than just winging it. It will take a long while to shift it, but shift it I'm determined to do, and it has to be a lifestyle change so that it stays off. I'm really hoping that everyone else's journey will help and inspire me to be successful with mine.
  • BarbaraInSarnia
    BarbaraInSarnia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 70 pounds. It's a lot but I have to take it one pound at a time. I want to be that grandmother that can keep up. Anyone wanting to add me, go ahead. I can use all the support I can get. Have a great day everyone
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I do something every year then regain it then do something the next year lol