I just joined. Is this group still active?

Options
MJ5898
MJ5898 Posts: 1,549 Member
I am back on MFP for what I hope to be the final time. I need to lose more than 200#s and was excited to find this group. However, it looks like no one has posted since June. Just wondering if you all are still out there supporting one another or if I should keep searching for an active group for larger folks. Thanks!

Replies

• Dimples220
    Dimples220 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I recently rejoined. I too am wondering if it's still active.
  • gahrahstah
    gahrahstah Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've been logging my food for over 250 days but forgot about the group. I definitely need the group support!
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I find active groups keeps me going.
    Shame this one isnt
  • TubbyYO
    TubbyYO Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    just rejoined... are you all still logging in?...
  • CurdsnWeigh
    CurdsnWeigh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It would be great if this group was active. I'd love the support.
  • SuesNewImage
    Options
    I agree & also wish for this group to be active. With 200+ hanging over us it adds more to the mental hurdles.

But active dosnt mean hundreds of posters. Just 2 is enough to make it "active". So who is with me
    @CurdsnWeigh ???
    @TubbyYO ????
    @gahrahstah ????
    @MJ5898 ????

Who will be 1st?
  • TubbyYO
    Options
    @SuesNewImage @CurdsnWeigh yup still here
    Ive now started logging in again... next step is to start logging in my food again,,
    stay in touch ladies!!
  • TubbyYO
    Options
    also here @gahrahstah @MJ5898
    I agree & also wish for this group to be active. With 200+ hanging over us it adds more to the mental hurdles.

But active dosnt mean hundreds of posters. Just 2 is enough to make it "active". So who is with me
    @CurdsnWeigh ???
    @TubbyYO ????
    @gahrahstah ????
    @MJ5898 ????

Who will be 1st?

• SuesNewImage
    Options
    Well the ball has started rolling. This group can be active.

I started this journey 17 months ago. Been dieting since I was 10 and obese already. In 43 years Ive done every diet, even weird ones but always yo-yod & on average put on 6lbs a year & a bit more for 2 pregnancies. 3 years ago I resolved that im just one of those who fail & my lot in life is to just be a big girl.

2 years ago my 25 year old daughter was attacked by a bird & speared in the eye. She moved back home, couldnt drive for 8 months & needed extensive nursing. Something had to give, so i stopped home cooking & moved to prepared meals & low fat. But she, hubby & me put on weight. I put on 20kg (45lb) in 6 months. I was shocked at the Doctors for my annual checkup. I have always worm loose shirts & elastic skirts so it snuck up. I cried at the Doctors. They couldnt weigh me on their scales - i was too heavy. I went to a freight company that day to know my start weight. 172kg (379lb). I went home & hit the internet totally gutted and discusted in myself. I didnt mention it to my daughter as it wasnt her choices but mine, nor her fault & she still had enough on her plate. (She has had 5 operations - includes a cornea transplant, in the last 2 years & is still blind in that eye but is back at work & hasnt lost her eye which was the chance at 1st. On the day of the accident we were told she may not make it & her 1st surgery was to save her life).

I knew I had failed constantly on low fat calories, WW, Jenny Craig, Israli diet, apple diet, grapefruit diet, live for life etc etc so I needed something different. Bought a book on low carb high fat. Science sounded sound so I closed my eyes in oure faith & started it like a focused mad woman. High fat just messed with my head big time. But I did it, not perfectly but did it.

17 months later Im at 42kg (96lb) down with so many many NSVs. The biggest is i have my mobility back. Before i couldnt walk supermarkets (ordered online). I slowly built it up 5 minutes extra a time. Now I walk 8000 steps with no pain. Down from size 28-30 to 18-20. I have not been as focused in 2016 compared to 15 & it has slowed down, but I have not put weight back on.

Im still constantly thinking about my WOE which is so mentally taxing when I have slow losses. O just have to refocus & back to the obsesive logging woman. I know chrissy is coming but there is never a good time to start as social events & excuses are here all year.

So ladies - i suggest we all start our own accountability thred here & purposesly support eachother. YOU UP TO IT???

I will copy this post to my new accountability thred.
  • SuesNewImage
    Options
    Well ai suppose no one is interested. Time to move onto a thred where they care..... See ya
  • kimmers100
    kimmers100 Posts: 11 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    too late I guess
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I'm still here.
  • living4031
    living4031 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Lets get this group more active!!! I can use all the support I can get and I think that anyone with as much to lose as me would feel the same. I need to know I'm not alone!
  • MJ5898
    Options
    Im still here too! Have been on WW since 11/29/16, but just started tracking here again 2 weeks ago. I feel like WWs has me eating too much, so thought it might be good to compare calories here vs. smart points on WW. Basically, I am double-logging right now while trying to decide whether to renew with WW for another month once my membership is up in March.

A bit about my story - I lost 100+ with WW 11 years ago and again 7 years ago using MFP. However, I always give up. Not this time. After a lifetime of dieting and self-loathing due to my weight, I am committed to taking care of me. I lost my Mom on 6/4/16 and realize that if I do not take care of myself, no one else is going to do it for me. So, here I am - down 34# but with more than 200 more to go looking for friends and motivators if anyone wants to join me. Love and light! -MJ
  • MJ5898
    Options
    Hey all. Just stopping by to see if anyone else has posted in this group.
  • SuesNewImage
    Options
    im still sitting here overwhelmed with the idea I had over 200lb to shed in the beginning. I got to 96lb down 6 months ago. Now its only 88lb today. Im hanging on with my fingernails. I in no way want to be a typical statistic and put all the weight back on plus more.
    i know I need to buckle down like I did in the beginning. I despirately want it. I hate feeling unhealthy, losing my mobility but am not buckling down to just do it. I know I just need to get my mojo together.
    I read other threds and they are worried about not losing the 20lb they want. OMG.. i cannot relate & feel im the only one with such a mamoth task to work through. Im always a glass half full girl and very positive. This whole adventure is so different to me. I think Im in denial about it all so then Im nuteral about it - Im convincing myself im not being negative.
  • MJ5898
    Options
    I completely understand how you feel, especially in regard to trying to relate to someone with 20# to lose. Oh to have that problem! LOL. But, we just need to break our 200+ down into 20# increments. We only have 20# to lose - just over and over again. We can do it! Here's to you and your mojo getting strong again!
  • SuesNewImage
    Options
    @MJ5898 oh how simple, i never thought of breaking it down into 20lb sets. One bit at a time. thankyou