Is this group still active?

Options
Hi there,

my name is Carolyn and i'm 28 years old. I grew up watching my mother struggle with binge eating disorder. My anorexia first developed when I was 14 and morphed into binge eating disorder in early adulthood. Most of my triggers are stress related or feeling the need to control my life when everything is in disarray. In 2014 my mother was diagnosed with late stage ovarian cancer and a close friend died suddenly, just shy of his 30th birthday. Needless to say my ED took over my life. I was spiraling out of control bouncing back and forth between starving myself and eating massive quantities of food. I felt hopeless. In the fall of 2014 I decided to enter into an out patient intensive program. Our group met 3 days a week for 3 hours each evening for 2 months. Although it was the best decision I could have made, I realized that an ED is something you live with forever. You don't ever truly get over it, you just learn to live with it. That may seem discouraging but accepting it is the first step to learning to live again. I struggle daily but am in a much better place than I was 3 years ago. Progress is not linear. Something we all need to remember.

Just looking for a place to be able to vent to people who actually understand what this feels like. Friends and family listen but they don't really get it. It's not their fault. Does anyone use this group anymore?

Thanks,
Carolyn

Replies

• BlueAfternoon
    BlueAfternoon Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Yes, I was wondering the same thing! I really really need this group right now and it doesn't seem to be up and running which makes me really worried....

???
  • cpetrishen1988
    cpetrishen1988 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It looks like the creator of this group hasn't posted since June 2016. I would assume that it's not really active anymore :( we could make a new one?
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Starting a new one would be great!
  • emdarling07
    emdarling07 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies, I'm planning on starting to make this group active again. How would you best like to be supported? ❤️️
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I started a new thread about doing some kind of act of self care/love and posting it. I hope that will be helpful.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Good question em! I'm probably looking for how to have emotions without either starving to stop them, or overeating to ignore them. Emotions such as fear, guilt and nervousness are the worst atm. I lose control of my eating if I have to tackle something stressful. When people share their own experiences both negative and positive similar to my own, somehow this will help me get an understanding, insight, strength.
    and Byronic rue, I liked your thread. I'm surprised how hard it is for me to do things just to be nice to myself!
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I hope this group becomes active again
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hope this group becomes more active too!