Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Hello UAC-March Members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• chermac2015
    chermac2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    My name is Cheryl and i am lazy by nature! lol not a big fan of working out, but i do it.. My husband works out every day. i guess i should mention that we own a studio that teaches fitness and self defense…so i really have no excuses to not do it everyday…well i should say "valid" excuses. You would think my husband would be my motivator, but unfortunately (for me i suppose) that doesn't work for me….not for lack of trying on his part though. I am currently only doing regular workouts 2x a week although i am active all other days too, just nothing formal. I'm hoping that you all will motivate me to increase my regular workouts back to at least 4x per week (which i have done before) and still be doing other active stuff on off days…well that is just a little bit about my story as this is my first time trying this challenge…GOOD LUCK to us ALL!!!!!
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

My name is Kacey and I am super excited for this challenge! I am still pretty new to MyFitnessPal, and am loving seeing all of the different challenges we can participate in. I hope that this one will serve as a great motivator to get my exercise in every day! Right now, it easy to want to put it off or cut it short if I have a lot of homework (in my last semester of college), or have to work the next day. I'm really focusing on getting those morning workouts in, because that is a time that I never work on homework, and it is a great way to start my day. We will see how this goes! Good luck everyone!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    This last challenge I actually gained weight. I am in a clinical trial as my daughter is a research scientist with on of her colleagues. So now I am busting my butt to drop the weight gained from the medication. My thought is where would I be if I wasn't counting every calorie lol. I get on daily and I chat about everything and anything. ;) Till the next month begins have a great day.
  • bforblonde
    bforblonde Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

My name is Bridgette and this is my first time trying a challenge or group. I have a pretty hectic schedule but my biggest factor influencing my eating and workouts is that I fly around the world for my job part time. Most hotel gyms usually only have a treadmill..if it works. When we land nothing is open except bars which leads to bar food. I just recently got into lifting weights rather than spending hours doing strictly cardio. I love cheese and bread. ha! This will be interesting.
  • countrygal2004
    countrygal2004 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My name is Angela and this is my first time doing a challenge in many years. I started MFP in 2004 but have been absent from here for years. I'm back and need a challenge to help keep me on track. My goal for March is to adhere to the rules set out in the contest, resulting in a substantial weight loss. I have a LOT of weight to lose so my goal is set pretty high. My favorite exercise is walking my dogs and horseback riding. I plan to add some yoga to that mix.
  • RiderCG
    RiderCG Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm Cory. I'm jumping in with two feet and thought I'd give this challenge a try. Being accountable is one of my biggest factors to success.

I've got a pretty lovely life going on right now and want to fully be able to enjoy all of it.
  • Kellybronson22
    Kellybronson22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Kelly. This is the first fitness challenge I have joined.

Currently, I lift around four to five days a week. This challenge will hopefully encourage me to include more cardio. I enjoy cardio outdoors, inside, not so much! Due to the three feet of snow out my door, most of my cardio will have to be done indoors.

Another challenge I foresee is consistently staying under my caloric goal. In general, it is very attainable for me. Unfortunately I struggle with late night binging once or twice a week.

Good luck everyone!
  • bkrules2012
    bkrules2012 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey my name is Kathleen. This is my first time doing this challenge. I need the accountability and motivation. My favourite work out is Zumba. My goal is to attend 2 Zumba classes a week and 1 strength training class a week. The other 4 days I will take my dog on extra long walks to get my activity in. I was doing well with myself until about 2 weeks ago when I got sick and couldn't work out, now I have fallen out of my gym schedule and it's so hard to get back in to it! This challenge will help me get it back!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Kelsea. I am 25 and have been involved with UAC since November. With the support of everyone involved, I've surpassed goals that I had been striving towards for years. By far, this is my favorite aspect of MyFitnessPal.

The goals that I have for March are to go to the gym at least five days each week (strive for more) and dedicate at least two of those days solely to cardio. It sounds like increasing cardio is on a few of our to-do lists haha. Longer term, I would like to lose 8 lbs by June. It may not sound like a lot, but if I make this goal, I will not be lying on my driver's license for the first time since I was 16, and I would like to lose the weight in a healthy manner. Plus, gaining muscle is always a goal :)

Good luck to you all! I am excited to hear from you at the sign-ins!
  • felixpettersson
    felixpettersson Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Heya folks! First timer here, hopefully things will go smoothly.

I'm Felix (as my username might suggest), and I'm 20 years old. I'm a lazy *kitten*, and I'm kind of skinnyfat. And that has to change. However, keeping my laziness in mind, I'm not setting any huge goals. I'm currently just trying to stay within my calorie budget (calculated by MFP to make me lose 0.25 kg a week), and allowing myself to eat back any calories I burn through exercise. To hopefully make up for potential miscalculations when it comes to calories burned, I try to slightly overlog my foods.

I've skipped logging for about a week, using being at my girlfriend's place as an excuse. However, seeing as it seems I might be staying for quite a while, I definitely have to stay active on here even though I'm not at home.

Good luck to you all! :)
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Julie. I live just north of Dallas, Texas with my husband and my son that is just under 2. This is my 5th month to do this challenge. I made the winners circle for November and January and almost for February. I do CrossFit and I play soccer to stay active.

This is a great challenge and a great group of supportive people. It is really tough but absolutely worth it. Even if you use up your pass days and you are out of the "winners circle" I highly suggest keep logging on and sticking to it. Lets have a great month everyone! The temps are getting warmer which means bathing suits and shorts, oh my!!
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Hi, Folks. I am Gus, short for Augusta. I have had success in the past with this challenge, losing 65 pounds (which I have gained back over two years). I know that I motivate myself, and challenge myself, but I sure appreciate the company.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Hi, fellow March UACers!
    My name is Bill. I've been in and out of this challenge, under various usernames, ( I get bored easily with usernames ). Looking forward to being back in it with all of you this month. Like many of us, I lost weight, slacked off, put some back on, and now ready to jump back on it!! I'm retired ( which I love ), no wife, no kids, so I have lotsa time for exercise, and usually pretty motivated and on track. Looking forward to following everyone's progress!!!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hi, fellow March UACers!
    My name is Bill. I've been in and out of this challenge, under various usernames, ( I get bored easily with usernames ). Looking forward to being back in it with all of you this month. Like many of us, I lost weight, slacked off, put some back on, and now ready to jump back on it!! I'm retired ( which I love ), no wife, no kids, so I have lotsa time for exercise, and usually pretty motivated and on track. Looking forward to following everyone's progress!!!

That's so true with about the usernames! I almost changed mine today to InnerHulk. That's because I've not kept off the weight I've lost so far- well, I didn't gain back 3. I'm sick of gaining and losing the same 3. I'm mad because I've been at this for 2 1/2 months, without a significant change in weight, appearance, or mood. Grrr! Therefore the possible name change to InnerHulk. I'm VERY motivated to make it through this month and lose those same 3 for the last time. Welcome newbies- it really does help to check in daily. I made the winner's circle last month on my very first attempt. It's not about perfection, but a commitment to yourself. You're worth the "trouble", for your health's sake. Let's do this!