Fitness Plans!

Options
incendiumx
incendiumx Posts: 18 Member
It took me forever to find a fitness plan that met my goals - but i think i finally have!
The 5x5 Stronglifts program
Im looking forward to starting it next week.

What does your fitness regimen look like? I know i saw one post about doing wiiFit and an elliptical - Thats great! Here's the bottom line: More activity > No activity. Find something you like. Find something you want to do, and keep on moving!

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    My goal is to walk at least 1 hour a day. If I don't, then 40 minutes on the Nordic track skier. (I'm increasing that by 5 minutes, as I feel up to it.)

Also doing resistance with fitness bands.
  • maostrom
    maostrom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi guys my name is Mel - I've been losing/gaining weight on and off since I hit puberty and I'm from Australia.
    I'm going to be planning to do a combo of Couch to 5km app, weight lifting at my local gym and looking into joining group fitness later this week

Hope the next 30 days are as productive as it looks on paper lol!
  • Baphometta
    Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm buying all my groceries today since we start tomorrow. I always spend too much money on diets, but I'm terrible with over eating so buying smaller portioned stuff forces me to be a better person lol.

I think for week one I'm gunna put my calories to 1800 (ease into it) but still strove for less. And I'm going to start exercising. My god, do I hate exercise lol.
  • Balance1002
    Balance1002 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Great idea! I think this challenge will help me to refocus! food has been bought, fitness schedule down, now to get on with it!:)
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    5X5 is an awesome routine loved it. Burned fair calories and really helped me break some plateaus. Personally I love a routine a DSgt made up for me. When I started I was 265lbs I did a home routine for a month lost 20lbs then he wrote up a gym routine that helped me lose another 65lbs. Sadly with injuries and too many hours worked and not enough gym time I started packing it back on. So back to the gym plan for me. Endurance and fat burning. Amazing workout leaving you feeling like you've just been murdered.
  • CalorieCounterGuy
    CalorieCounterGuy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    For exercising, I am doing the Body for Life program. For eating, I am doing a combo of intermittent fasting and using this app to calorie count. I did 5x5 before, and it was fun, I did really enjoy it.
  • Baphometta
    Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I've heard SO many good things about intermittent fasting. I know two people personally who dropped a lot of weight and got control of their appetites through fasting. Really interested to hear how it works for you.
  • CalorieCounterGuy
    Options
    Yeah I'm excited! I basically don't eat until around noon (except for a cup of coffee), and I thought at first this would be difficult, but in all reality, I am able to get up, focus, and stay focused doing what I need to do workwise until my first meal, it's quite amazing! Before, I would get sluggish and my focus wasn't as sharp.

I am still doing some research on intermittent fasting, I may wait to eat until around 2 or 3 and eat within an 8 hour window, we'll see.
  • AlligatorPete
    AlligatorPete Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's so cool seeing everyone with a plan! I'm excited to hear the experiences you each have :)
    For exercise I'll be kickboxing on weekdays after walking the doggos and for food will be cooking most meals. Usually 8oz protein, veggie, and a small portion of carbs. Always a banana before the gym.
  • CalorieCounterGuy
    Options
    What does the banana do before the gym @alligatorpete ?
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a HIIT circuit class once a week on a Tuesday, (luckily provided for free by work because they don't want their nerds dying of coronary heart failure) I also walk to work which is only a mile from where I live, I really need to do another class or something though, the nearest gym's only a 5 minute detour from my walk home but I'm terrible at motivating my ar$se to do it (I'm not a morning person and my motivation is zero after work when I just want to go home, have dinner and chill with the better half)

The thing is I love the HIIT training, it's pretty hardcore and I have DOMS every week regardless of stretching and cold showers, but I go because all my friends at work go and it feels like part of my job to attend, also I get the warm fuzzies for pushing myself into doing something that makes me a beetroot coloured sweaty mess by the end of a sesh.

I guess that will be my challenge for the next 30 days, do at least one more class a week even if its just swimming. its really great to see what everyone else is doing, very motivational. x
  • CalorieCounterGuy
    Options
    I think that is great that you are doing the HIIT circuit class once a week, and with your coworkers because it kind of holds you accountable for not going (if you ever end up not going) and you don't want to be the person that doesn't show up! Also, it's fun doing something in a group, which is why this group is great as well.

If you can really do that extra class once a week, I know it will pay off big time and you will feel so much better. It's all about experimenting.

We got this, 30 days, one day at a time!

• tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Thumbs up to all of you!

I get really bored on my stationary bike, even with podcasts and stuff, so I got hand weights so I can focus on doing something while I pedal.

What do you guys listen to when you exercise? I recommend radio fenriz!
    Mostly metal, but also crazy obscure eclectic tunez! Almost all super high energy!

https://m.soundcloud.com/heavytassen
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I try to do cardio every day for at least 30-45 minutes (either light jogging or dance games on the console), and try to do a variety of Jillian Michaels' DVDs or workouts on her app at least five times a week for 5-25 minutes. I've been slacking this past week, so hoping to get back on track!
  • AlligatorPete
    Options
    What does the banana do before the gym @alligatorpete ?

I gravitate towards lower carb eating habits, which makes anaerobic activities (kickboxing/running) far more difficult. Eating a banana beforehand provides lots of potassium, B vitamins, and a small amount of carbs to make the workout more enjoyable. Fortunately it doesn't kick me out of ketosis, but it might for others. But it certainly makes sprints more enjoyable :)
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    ^I honestly thought that was a set up and was bracing myself for the punchline.
  • CalorieCounterGuy
    Options
    ^I honestly thought that was a set up and was bracing myself for the punchline.

Hahaha no genuine curiosity.
  • CalorieCounterGuy
    Options

I gravitate towards lower carb eating habits, which makes anaerobic activities (kickboxing/running) far more difficult. Eating a banana beforehand provides lots of potassium, B vitamins, and a small amount of carbs to make the workout more enjoyable. Fortunately it doesn't kick me out of ketosis, but it might for others. But it certainly makes sprints more enjoyable :)

Another question: How do you know when you are kicked out of ketosis or not? I remember reading somewhere if you digest something under 40-50 calories, it shouldn't kick you out. A banana has about 100 calories, how does it not kick you out but will kick someone else out? Thanks for sharing, I'm learning.
  • littlebabekitty
    littlebabekitty Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My goal is to do cardio 5 days a week for 30-40 minutes and 3days of weight training..i uses Body for life before so i may try again.
  • AlligatorPete
    Options

Another question: How do you know when you are kicked out of ketosis or not? I remember reading somewhere if you digest something under 40-50 calories, it shouldn't kick you out. A banana has about 100 calories, how does it not kick you out but will kick someone else out? Thanks for sharing, I'm learning.

I'll help as much as I can! Everyone responds differently to ketosis, but staying below 50g carbs a day is pretty safe. A banana is about 35g carbs but I don't recommend other people eat them while in ketosis. Take no risks! Sorry, I didn't mean to cause confusion.

To know if you're in ketosis: you can find Keto Sticks at Walgreens. They are little strips used to test the level of ketones in your urine. As long as the strip changes color, you're in ketosis! If you get a headache, drink some broth. The salt will make it go away :)