Insanity and the Gym...

Options
KingJVNT
KingJVNT Posts: 3 Member
How do y'all incorporate Insanity and Gym workouts?

I have started Insanity like 3x. The biggest reason for not continuing is because I enjoy the act of going to the gym and working out - whether it's group workout, personal training, or solo.

The first time I started, I stopped going to the gym and focused on the program. I was scared to do "too much" so I stopped before going back to my weekly gym routines. (Started to have great results)

Second time, I tried doing both - the program and going to the gym. Sore, but kept pushing. Started to get exhausted after a while, and stopped. (Results are there though)

Third time, I tried to spread the program out. I incorporated running at lease once a week - well, jogging in my case (looking for more Nike Running Club and Map My Run friends FYI) -, gym session twice a week, and Insanity in between. I didn't plan according, so I lost track of the days and the workouts, and eventually stopped. (Didn't really give it a chance to see any results)

Sooooo... my question is, what do y'all suggest? I guess I like doing it ALL, but don't know how. I have a routine gym schedule with my "fit fam"/gym partners, so of course, I'm not leaving them out. Insanity was more for me, just to have something to say "wow, I accomplished the whole thing for myself". I like the "third time", just with more planning, but just wanted y'all feedback.

Replies

• jnducharme
    jnducharme Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I double them up.. I do my insanity workout then go lift at the gym after or if I want to push harder at the gym I go there first. I'm finding that a bit harder now I'm doing the Max workouts ahha. My advice is take a calendar and write it down. Alternate days, for example one day gym one day insanity and just spread out the insanity but make sure you write it down so you don't miss days or get confused about where you are. It is definitely worth completing!!
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    You are a machine.
  • dazcoates72
    dazcoates72 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am the same with the doubling up. Depending on time constraints I will change between the original and max30. If I am really struggling for time I will only do the HIITs and skip the qym. I always try and hit the gym first and you want to be fresh to lift and use all your reserves up with Insanity. The main thing is every body is different so listen to your body and monitor the results. If you're not getting what you want, change it up.