Current Projects?

Options
Hello, I'm new to MFP but not new to knitting and crochet! I also do bead work when my hands permit me.

I was wondering what everyone is currently working on! I'm wheelchair bound for the moment, so I'm working on a lap blanket for myself. It gets cold here in New Mexico, and having to wait for the paratransit to pick me up for appointments and such can leave one chilly. It's a nice peach color, no specific pattern, just whatever my head says to try. It's got a garter stitch boarder and stockinette for the body. I'm using size 10 circular needles.

What are you making?

Replies

• Heyheather2711
    Heyheather2711 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also stuck in a wheelchair, so I completely understand, I have very limited use of my legs, I would like to connect, I am dealing with a very rare in your muscular disease, and have gained a lot of weight due to being in the chair and not having full use of my body anymore, some of the projects I like to work on our painting rocks and other things, I'm trying to learn new hobbies with the way my body is dealing wit this disease
  • ZelleLarentia
    ZelleLarentia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I see you have a black kitty! We have 3 cats in total, 1 boy and 2 girls, and both girls are all-black. They serve as emotional support animals for me as well, as I have PTSD and sleep issues as a direct result of it. At the moment I'm just sticking to knitting projects, as they don't require me to have a table or a lap tray with edges on it, as I would need one like that to do any bead work. Also, knitting allows me to use fatter needles, which are easier to hang on to. I have some needlework projects waiting to be done also, and I do intend to get to them, just trying to focus on one thing at a time. Part of having bipolar disorder is having difficulty staying focused on one thing at a time, and actually finishing it, something I've struggled with all my life. Let me know what project you start or are doing right now, I'd love to know!
  • ptsmiles
    ptsmiles Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I currently have several projects going, as I have a very bad habit of starting one, putting it down and forgetting where I was and something else will catch my eye. Anyone else have this problem?
  • ZelleLarentia
    ZelleLarentia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    ::laughing:: Yes, me, all the time. Even when I'm playing games, I'll three or more going on at once, and not all passive.
  • lcdreams
    lcdreams Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I also have trouble focusing on projects and weight lose. I procrastinate. I just finished a cross stitch project for my grand-daughter. last november i made her a christening dress from my daughter-in-laws wedding dress and now i'm making a pillow from the scraps left over.
  • earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have 3 blankets, a rug, a garland, 2 socks, a toy, and probably some others im forgetting. Currently working on the toy, a mermaid for my daughter.
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I’m just learning to knit. I can’t stay with it. If I mess up I have to take it all out and start over. I just can’t figure out how to correct it.
    I can crochet. I just have a problem finishing projects. I like to learn patterns, but then I’m done. So scarfs seemed to be good projects. Only I don’t wear them.
  • marycilec
    marycilec Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am a crocheter with many unfinished projects like matching ponchos for hubby and I. I hope this group is still active, as I just joined MFP today. I was 100 pounds in high school, now 30 years later, double that. I plan to becme healthier and weight around 140 on my 5 foot frame.