Introductions

Options

Replies

• anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    forCole wrote: »
    Hi guys! I'm Cole. I have 122lbs to lose. I haven't weighed myself since before I began my journey in January. Trying to eat intuitively and pay attention to what my body likes, wants and thrives on. I'm counting calories on the Ketogenic diet. I've been logging consistently since January and it's paying off. Feel free to add me guys!

Yay! A fellow ketoer! Welcome :)
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    Hi, Jarchii! Now the question is: did your raid team KNOW you were a 10 year old girl? :smiley: I'm not usually a video gamer myself, and LOTRO is the only MMO that I've never been interested in, but it has definitely sucked me in all the same!

Good luck and best wishes! I'm finding that its all in finding a system that works for you and that you can do - there are tons of diet plans out there, and some work for some people but not for others. My brother says he couldn't stand calorie counting, but does well with a high carb/low carb plan that switches back and forth and in working out. Me? I couldn't take the swings like that and prefer calorie counting. But what he's doing is working for him, and what I'm doing is working for me, so we're both doing good! :smile:
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Haha it took me a few years later to start raiding due to the weekly schedules most guilds had. Most guild raided past my bed time ;v; I did lead heroics though, but I never dared to get on ventrillo (ye olde discord/teamspeak) until I was 14. I wasn't comfortable announcing my real age on the internet until 15. Hell I was 16 for like four years and then 15 and then 16 again lol.Good times.

And yeah I'm taking it easy. Like right now I just ate 9.5 ounces of chicken instead of 8 along with the usual rice and peas because I didn't want to throw the extras out. But I'm not stressing because it just means eat a little less at dinner. Really loving having a large lunch over snacking on trash throughout the day :smile: I enjoy counting calories when it's simple. This app and two meals keeps it super simple so
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    I've never gotten into raiding - I'm shy and the raiders are very hard core! I prefer to meander around the virtual world solo so I can go at my own pace, and if I mess up, I don't affect anyone else!

I've been there, too, with the extras thing :) Since my roommate moved out, and since I've never managed to land a boyfriend let alone a husband, I'm shopping for one. But there's a benefit in that can only get what I know I need and can eat - no junk! - and I plan all my meals out the week before so I narrow my shopping down. For meats, I've found that it might cost me a little extra, but by getting my cuts at the meat counter, I can get my meat and fish in much closer portion sizes already wrapped for me and ready to go - instead of having to try to eyeball it myself!
  • anna4anna
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people! Love reading your introductions. And nice to see there are a couple fellow gamers too lol. I played WoW until after WotLK, then GW2, FFXIV, and BnS. Sadly I haven't had much time for gaming in a long while. Anyway, I wanted to say hello and hope you all have a great day!
  • bmeadows380
    Options
    You love LOTR?!!! I think you and I will be fast friends :) So are you a book fan, movie fan, or do you appreciate qualities of both and just don't compare them?
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit LOTR fan as well. Loved the books, then many years later I bought the audio CDs for cross country trips between Washington and Wyoming, then the well made movies came out.
  • faux_scots_lass
    faux_scots_lass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Who doesn't love LOTR (OK! I'm sure some people don't but I like to pretend that's not so ;) ) I read the books in my teenage years and thought the movies were really well done!
  • anna4anna
    Options
    I absolutely loved both the books and the movies. I kinda wish they might do a movie on The Silmarillion. :smile: The Hobbit movies were good, but I feel like they were too unnecessarily "stretched out" over three films.