Logging the workouts

Options
auvan0876
auvan0876 Posts: 7 Member
Just wondering how everyone logs the Leslie workouts in MFP? I have been logging them as walking-brisk; however, aerobics or calisthenics may be more appropriate?

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Hello auvan0876,

Leslie says they are Aerobics, General. Some people feel they are Aerobics, Low Impact.

I think that since in the last several years she has added in hops and jogging that the Aerobics, General would be right for workouts with those moves. If the workout doesn't have any what she sometimes calls "a boost", then use Aerobic Low Impact.

The best way to determine how many calories you are burning is to invest in a heart-rate monitor. Some kind of device like a FitBit or Garmin ( there are two many to list here! ;) that could give you a more accurate look at what you are accomplishing. They aren't perfect and neither is the MFP calculator but they are tool that can help. I have a FitBit and seeing my steps add up and calories burned motivates me to keep going.

I hope this has been helpful.

Walk On!

Ann
  • C3B0
    C3B0 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I echo AnnofB. Logging it under Aerobics is probably going to be closer than a step workout or circuit training.

If you can invest in an activity tracker—with the ability to monitor your heart rate—then that would be ideal. The data from a heart rate monitor will be more accurate than the MFP calculations.

I track my workouts using a heart rate monitor and a Polar M400, then sync it to an app called Polar Flow. That app then feeds my data to MFP. I love not having to enter anything other then my food :)
  • auvan0876
    auvan0876 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks! All four of my kids have fitbit and I don't have one!! Maybe I should invest in one.
  • grwrn
    grwrn Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Before my Fitbit, I logged as aerobics according to the impact. Now that I have a Fitbit Blaze, I just log it as "Leslie Sansone 2 mile walk" and enter the time and calories my Fitbit gives after I end my exercise.