A New Introduction

Options
ejbiel
ejbiel Posts: 5 Member
Hi everyone-
I see that this group hasn't been active in quite some time, but I'm hoping to connect with women who have been through miscarriage and have some insight and inspiration to share.

I'm 29 years old and learned I was pregnant in June. Not long afterwards, I lost the pregnancy and have been trying to cope with the loss while becoming healthier for when we decide to try again. This was my first pregnancy, and it wasn't planned. At first I was nervous (terrified really) about what was to come. I had hoped that my situation would be different- I was and still am overweight, and though I'm in a loving relationship, we're not married. Eventually that gave way and we started to become excited to be parents together.

Losing this pregnancy was far more devastating than I thought it ever could be. I wasn't very far along, and I thought that would make it easier, but it didn't. I read everything I could read about miscarriage and healing and coping, but soon learned that every woman and every relationship is different, and there was no way I could have expected the grief that would come. It has been a very isolating experience, and while my significant other has been as supportive as he knows how to be, it can be very hard sometimes not to feel alone. Miscarriage is a very common event, but not many people are willing to talk about it. I'm finding that I need to talk about it, and I need to find women who are willing to share their struggles and their triumphs. I'm sure there are others out there that feel the same way.

It is time to move forward, and for me, that doesn't mean forgetting . For me, it means finding new inspiration to get healthy not only for myself, but for my significant other and my future children. It also means honoring what was lost and how it has changed me as a person. I hope there are other women who read this post and join me on my journey to a healthier life. I hope that there are women who read this and share in the discussion that they need to have, but maybe are shy or concerned or ashamed for some reason of their own. If you feel you would like to talk, or need someone to give a needed *kitten*-kicking to get things moving and stay committed, I'm here for you. Please feel free to respond or add me as a friend. I know I could use the same thing.
Stay strong ladies.

Replies

• elizabethbstephens92
    Options
    My son will be three in April but a year prior I had a miscarriage and have found that talking about that makes others uncomfortable. I really buckled down this year on my diet and have lost 30 pounds. My goal weight reward will be a tattoo of my children my two girls are 11 and almost 9. I plan on a diamond shaped mother's tattoo with all four just adding a Halo or a little set of wings to the one. I see this post is dated 2014. If you ever read this ((hugs)). It has become manageable for me but I still have all the same feelings. Hoping that you are successful in your diet and exercise goals.