March 15 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
edited February 2017 in Social Groups
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    5vnl5zhv4200.jpg
    Yesterday, our friend and team mate, @am_change shared her Non Scale Victory (NSV) that a colleague complimented her slimmer figure. That is wonderful!!
    On the 15th, I like us to share and celebrate any of our personal NSVs. For me, on Monday, after a week of having a cold and sore throat, I during my cardio/strength intervals, I sprinted for 3.5 minutes during a 5 minute walk/jog. I also got in 3 sets of jump rope with a maximum set of 200 consecutive jumps. That is a win for me.
    What about you? Please share...
    Rick
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am officially out for the month. I went to visit friends at their lake house Sat-Tue and for the first time in months I didn't log my food or watch what I ate. I think I needed the break!
    I may still log from time to time and cheer you all on though :smile:
    Nice job on the sprint and the jumps Rick!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Just got internet back . We got 22 inches of snow. NSV I didn't eat the cupcakes at work. Lol
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 1 hour walk.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@am_change..Yaay, for baggy pants!!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! I love to hear all of the NSVs! The scale often overshadows many benefits of eating right and exercising.

I have two NSVs that I would like to share. First, all of the clothes that I wore this time last year are much too big. I've been working on re-stocking my wardrobe, which has been fun, but expensive haha. Second, I've noticed that my heart rate is lower when I'm running compared to last year, even though I am running faster and farther. Heart health is important to me, given that my family history is full of heart problems.

Exercise? Yes; 30 minutes of walking, 42 minutes of strength training, and a 20 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    pears734 wrote: »
    Woohoo! I love to hear all of the NSVs! The scale often overshadows many benefits of eating right and exercising.

I have two NSVs that I would like to share. First, all of the clothes that I wore this time last year are much too big. I've been working on re-stocking my wardrobe, which has been fun, but expensive haha. Second, I've noticed that my heart rate is lower when I'm running compared to last year, even though I am running faster and farther. Heart health is important to me, given that my family history is full of heart problems.

Exercise? Yes; 30 minutes of walking, 42 minutes of strength training, and a 20 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes[/quote

Great NSV's
  • chermac2015
    chermac2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Track yes
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Congratulations to all of your NSV's. It is amazing how different they are...

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, went for a nice walk outside
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

My NSV is that I have lost several inches and my clothes are fitting better.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    I am so happy to read all of your NSVs!!!!
    @Shutterbuggg you have done great for months! Don't worry if you enjoy a break . You have vastly improved your health and fitness. It's your habit now
    I'm in a hotel and I did ok on the 3x yeses
    Tomorrow, I work out at 6 before the days workshop
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Very interesting reading all the NSV's.

My NSV's would be, my husband telling me I look like I have lost more weight than what the scales says. Aquamotion classes are much easier. I actually said to someone(without thinking) that I felt we weren't being worked as hard as we were at first. Others in the group all laughed and said to me " Don't you think maybe it is you that have changed and the exercises are easier for you" WOW, I did not even consider that it was my body that had changed...lol. I ahve also been under calories for 27 days now and most days also under sodium, sugar and all other things that are tracked............But overall I think my biggest achievement is that I have lost 14.6lbs and have not touched a salt shaker in 27 days! WOOHOO!

exercises yes 60 minutes pool exercises, 30 minutes stationary bike.
    calories yes, even adding extra amounts of suppers food, due to tasting along the way...lol
    tracking yes food and water, ect.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (gym workout of 70 min total with treadmill and stationary bike
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES

Sorry I haven't updated. Been busy. I usually update at night, but lately I've been too tired to update. I decided to update quick today. I must get into a better habit for updating, as I have a few other challenges I'm involved in, too.