How is your journey going?

Options
Since I have (rather obsessively) started counting calories and workouts, I find that I have had some success so far. As a background, I have been big for a bit, and can boast of a resting metabolic rate in the 1400s (average is 1700s and up), so this is definitely a journey.

How had it gone for you all?

Replies

• awaywewander
    awaywewander Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I've been doing well. Going to Orange Theory Fitness on top of Gold's Gym and cut out carbs in order to get control of my recently diagnosed diabetes. Im ready for it to warm up a bit so I can start spending more time outdoors!
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    It's going okay so far, even with a couple minor setbacks already. Started working out again about two weeks ago (found the app Friday), but had a minor car accident Monday. I knew enough to rest up and didn't try to exercise again until Friday night when the aches and pains were gone. I work out with kettlebells. Woke up Saturday morning and still felt good so I worked again a couple of times. That night as i was lying in bed, I realized I'd aggravated all the wreck sore spots. So, all I can do is walk, slowly, which isn't freeing up enough calories now that it feels like my metabolism has changed. Was hungry right after supper last night and went to bed that way. Woke up hungry, which was good. (I'm normally not until I've been up 3-5 hours.) Again tonight, hungry. Just had enough room for an apple, but about 30 minutes later, hungry again. Trying to increase water intake to see if that helps.

Not discouraged because I know it's temporary and critical to rest so I don't do harm to myself, but frustrated nonetheless.
  • jesshayds
    jesshayds Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    It's actually been going surprisingly well. At first it was hard adjusting to a new perspective towards food, but I'm slowly but surely getting used to it. I've definitely noticed little changes here and there and have started losing weight so I guess all those are positives! I think the next goal is to get into a regular exercise schedule that I'll stick to, that's going to be a bit of a battle though.
  • ElectrifyingGravity
    ElectrifyingGravity Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's going decently well here... I just really started trying to get it together at the turn of the year and I think the working out part is going well but I have the hardest time sticking to the calories because food is SO good lol. But, I'm on my way and I think that's what counts for now.
  • Middangeard
    Middangeard Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been up and down a lot. I was down to 224 because of MFP before, but for some reason stopped using it and got a bit lazy. I was still doing really well for quite a while without counting everything, but this last year after a shoulder surgery followed by severe back pain that left me barely able to walk for a couple months (pain that I'm still dealing with, just without constant spasms) caused me to just balloon over the last year. I was starting to creep towards my absolute heaviest of 315 from years ago.

As for this part of the journey, it started out pretty well, then went into a standstill for a couple weeks, but now I seem to be back on track this past week.
  • hcorehenry
    hcorehenry Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Doing rather well so far! Started at the beginning of February at 289 lbs, just about the heaviest I've ever been. Today I'm down to 256 lbs, and have buy all new clothes...Expensive, but well worth it! Joined a gym last week and have been pretty good about going consistently, hour of weight training, half hour on the elliptical. Really the biggest help has been the calorie tracking and counting. Wouldn't have been able to get this far this quickly without it
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Started back to the gym in the last week of February, 5 days a week for at least an hour a day, plus 1500-1800cal eating plan: Lost 13 lbs so far, with another 47ish to go.
  • smokinbluegrass
    smokinbluegrass Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Not good at all in this very moment. Really fighting self-sabotage.
  • canadian_vegan
    canadian_vegan Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    i've had a lot of success the last few months, it really started working when i truly started counting all my calories and tried to be accountable. wooop!
  • kwcmh
    kwcmh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It going well. I am starting to notice the change..