1 Week Roll Call

Options
tabletop_joe
tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
vzugfyc2ms3g.jpg

Ah, dear community. Call me a sentimental fool, but It feels like only last week that we set out in this voyage.

3qikudc60d7x.jpg

So tell me, community, are you still riding high on the smooth seas? Have you smashed your hull against a rocky crag? Are you locked in battle with perhaps a competing war barge or giant squid? Are you sick of nautical metaphors?

gagm2g94q8eq.jpg

Tell me how you're fairin' and we'll sail... together.

y0owdqot08as.png

Replies

• Erotyka
    Erotyka Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You are hilarious.

On topic though, hello week one. I am retaining so much water. Constant deficit, some excersize. I've lost on measurements but the scale not moving bugs the life outta me.

Theory at present is that I'm potassium deficient as I'm perma-dizzy and my water retention has been getting steadily worse for a couple of months. Checking in with my doctor next week. I'm never even getting 10% of the RDA, haven't for 6 months at least (I love you, MFP reports). Feel like garbage often these days. I'm getting almost everything but potassium from vitamin supplements.

The apocalypse could happen and I still wouldn't be eating over my limit but I just want the damn scale to move. Come ooooon. It's just... unfair at the funfair.
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I didn't start last week like everyone else (I'm a rebel I suppose), but I'm starting on March 20th and getting excited to start my journey. I know the road will be tough, but I believe with enough willpower I can persevere.
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    After being medically cleared for exercise again, desk-biking and soccer got me down four pounds last week. I was ecstatic after being stationary for so long. On to the next challenge - St. Patrick's Weekend! I have three shows, so free beer & corned beef will be one hell of a temptation. Eyes on the prize. Queue "Eye of the Tiger" or something.
  • buffinlovin
    buffinlovin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Week 1: I am down 0.7 lbs from this time last week, but still 0.9lbs higher from my lowest weight recorded thus far in my journey. Most likely due to ToM hormones and eating more calories (still at a deficit most days, but a small one). Luckily all that should clear up this week and I'll be back on track.

Currently at home stuck in blizzard conditions (18-30 inches of snow throughout the day) and fighting off boredom munchies and animals that aren't used to having me home during the day.
  • AlligatorPete
    AlligatorPete Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good to see you all here, brothers and sisters! :smile: Let us stay strong in the face of adversity!

I fell off a bit over the weekend at work, but not too terribly. Water weight fluctuates like crazy so it's tough to know how much is being lost. But hey, that's fine. I feel great and this is fun.
  • AnthonyX150X
    AnthonyX150X Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great, week one wasnt perfect for me but it changed my habits. I am looking forward to increase in more healthy habits and improve eachday.
    You guys are so motivating.
    Love this group!

Even though it wasn't a perfect week, you're making little changes that will make a big difference in the long run.

Every small victory you have will lead to ultimate success. Good luck and continue on your journey!
  • tabletop_joe
    Options
    Way to go!

MY KINGDOM FOR SOME KETTLE CHIPS. Ah, erm. I mean this air-popped popcorn sure is good.
  • maostrom
    maostrom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hiya guys week 1 went really well for me, from Monday 6th I was 80.4kg and went down to 77.7kg today (about 5-6 lbs). Originally was on 1500kcal a day but recently joined a new gym and got a body composition scan done! Suggested that to get my body to 20% body fat I lose near 30lbs so I'm happy with that.

New trainer suggests 1200kcal instead to create a better deficit. Diet isn't 100% everyday but I can't complain. The hunger is welcome I feel like I haven't been unbloated in sooo long that I am enjoying the idea of my stomach shrinking and expecting smaller portions.

I have a bachelorette party this weekend so thats gonna be interesting lol

Hope we all smash week 2 in the face I'm looking forward to it :D
  • Baphometta
    Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I did so well week one and since then I've been a total animal lol. Holidays and celebrating with my best friend before she leaves for Thailand has been killing my diet, not to mention all the beer I've been drinking lol. Time to get back on the horse :'(:p
  • tabletop_joe
    Options
    I would be off the diet wagon if I couldn't finagle room for beers. Occasional beers are a non-negotiable!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Down 3lbs this week! And my doc is beyond thrilled!
  • tabletop_joe
    Options
    Great work!
  • Baphometta
    Baphometta Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Down 3lbs this week! And my doc is beyond thrilled!

That's amazing