Breakfast Stuffs!

Options
msr8898
msr8898 Posts: 29 Member
Obviously we aren't over here lighting up a pound of bacon...
SO...
What are you all doing in order to jump start your mornings with plants?
Do you opt for variety? The same easy "go-to" choices?
What do you typically eat?
How do you switch things up to keep it new, interesting, and delicious?

Replies

• Drueru
    Drueru Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Easy choices for me! I always start my day with a Vega Protein & Greens shake blended with a banana or 1/2 cup berries.
    Not sure why but I've never really needed a big complicated breakfast. I think maybe because the variety isn't worth the preparation. I like to sleep as long as possible and rarely give myself more than half hour to get ready in the morning before leaving for work.
    But these shakes are so good that I look forward to them each and every day! And they make me feel amazing
  • Veganboy20
    Veganboy20 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just bought a blender 3 days ago and it's made it a lot easier on not just breakfast, but all of my meals! For breakfast I jump start my day with a smoothie that is mixed with some of everything.

1/2 cup of soy milk
    Half scoop of vega sport vanilla protein powder
    1 banana
    1 green apple
    3 strawberries
    15blueberries
    Leaves from 1 kale stem
    Handful of romaine lettuce
    2 tablespoons of flaxseed
    Alfalfa sprouts
    Half cup of oats
    3 baby carrots
    Dash of cinnamon

It makes a delicious smoothie!! Perfect mixture of fruits, vegetables, grains and protein. I take my iron and vitamin b12 supplements along with it and I feel great all day.
  • kelr0110
    kelr0110 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'll also usually do a protein shake, or even cereal; as I keep a box of cereal and almond milk at work.....but on the weekend I'll do a tofu scramble or pancakes or something. I have to say I've only been vegan for 2.5 months, so breakfast is a little harder for me than other meals because I'm still trying to find something like an omelet lol. I used to love them. However, someone suggested silken tofu so I may give that a shot. VeganEgg is just gross and weird for this purpose.

Has anyone tried SunWarrior powder? I tried VegaSport and didn't really like it (maybe the Vega protein and greens is different?), so I'm currently using Raw Protein or Raw Fit.....something like that.
  • Aclaire88
    Aclaire88 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is the best!
    I have my go to breakfasts for weekdays:
    - Variety of Smoothies w the lot (like the above)
    - PB & Banana on Wholemeal English Muffin (or Vegemite!)
    - Overnight Oats w Berries

Or for a treat on weekends:
    - Big Breakfast w Tofu Scramble (go to my fav V cafe for this)
    - Granola w fruit & V milk or Coyo
    - Pancakes: Protein powder, pastry flour, Banana, Blueberries, Sweet Williams White Choc Chip, flax to bind and curdle the V milk w lemon juice.

I have Vega One, Vega Sport & Raw Meal. Still looking into new powders!
  • Aclaire88
    Aclaire88 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    ... and Avocado, Mushroom & Tomato w toast, lil salt & pepper - simple but yum!
  • Drueru
    Options
    Vega Protein & Greens is my favorite! Especially the tropical flavor.
  • Drueru
    Options
    If anyone wants to try something new, this protein is amazing and has 27g per scoop: https://www.progressivenutritional.com/products/vegessential-all-in-one/
  • iZombieGurl
    iZombieGurl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    smoothie bowls, chocolate+peanut butter overnight oats, toast with a smidge of vegan butter and a TON of minced garlic, plain ramen w/vegetable broth+nutritional yeast+sriracha, broccoli rice porridge, tofu scramble burritos, bean burritos, soup.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Two Fry's vegan sausages, baked with cherry tomatoes in a small dish with a hash brown balanced on top. Cooks from frozen in 30-40 minutes. No need to wait for the oven to preheat either, just shove it straight in.

Right now, I'm having a slice of chocolate-covered Katie's banana bread (http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2015/04/06/dark-chocolate-banana-bread/) with almond butter and a coffee with almond milk. I did cut out all of the brown sugar and halve the maple syrup, and it tastes fine. Still sweet, but not too much. :D
  • 2busy4health
    2busy4health Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My go to 'weekend breakfast' that's super easy, looks great on the plate and tastes amazing is light rye toast topped with smashed avocado. Drizzle with some balsamic glaze and sprinkle generously with dukkah. It's a great mix of nutrients and flavours and most importantly it's super satisfying - plus the dukkah means I'm sneaking in some nuts as well!
  • Darrin100366
    Darrin100366 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    1. Rolled oats and Blueberries with self made almond milk and a broken up Weetabix
    or
    2. Griddled sliced Tofurkey sausage with Onions, Mushrooms, Peppers, Eggplant, with self made 3 bean ( Navy, White & Black eyed) and pulped tomatoes
  • SarcasmAlert
    SarcasmAlert Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Tofu "scrambled egg", oatmeal/porridge, cereal with non dairy milk, pancakes, cinnamon chocolate quinoa! (not all at once of course)
  • coffeebean92
    coffeebean92 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have 2 slices of Dave's bread toasted with 2 tbs jelly and a large cup of coffee with some unsweetened vanilla almond milk. Minimal but delicious (;
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,336 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Smoothie with 2 cups of spinach, plant milk, no protein powder (no need!), blueberries, flax seeds, chia seeds, 1/2 a banana. I'll put in other greens or fruits sometimes, but this is my default.

On the weekend or when I need a change, I might do a tofu scramble with veggies, salsa, half an avocado and a slice of Dave's bread.

• sandykani123
    sandykani123 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Usually steel cut oats/oatmeal or homemade granola (Forks Over Knives banana/date granola recipe), Ezekiel with avocado, homemade pancakes http://www.dollyandoatmeal.com/blog/2016/1/5/super-seed-power-pancakes-gf-v (make a big batch and freeze!), or just a bunch of fruit or Lara bar for a busy morning. :)
  • artichokeme
    artichokeme Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wish I could be a smoothie or oatmeal person - I'm not a fan of either unless they're smothered in fruit and nut butter and I'm trying to watch both my sugar and my fat intake. I usually make enough tofu scramble on Sunday night to last me the first few work days. Then I switch over to avocado toast - but I cut the avocado with cooked edamame to add protein and lower the fat. I wake up hungry so breakfast is always my favorite meal - definitely keeping an eye on this thread.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    whole grain toast, nut butter and greens!
  • margalene
    margalene Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My go to lately is brown rice pudding. I cook rice with 6:1 water. In the morning, I cook a cup of rice with a cup of almond milk until it's pudding like. I mix with fruit and pb powder. It is so yummy and filling.