March 21 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Morning Rick!! It's another chilly morning here. I think I need to buy a no soliciting sign for our house. Since the storm we have had so many people knock on our door for the stupidest things. I want to just say go away. Next time I am out I will pick one up.
    Another early day so time to get my rear in gear. Have a great day everyone.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    On previous threads, I have mentioned my sweet tooth, but really, I enjoy snacking in general. Upon Rick's recommendation, instead of fighting my cravings, I've been stacking my cupboards and packing my lunch box with healthy snacks. It has worked very well. In the end, I'm eating the same amount as I did before, but anticipating my munchies has led me to make healthier choices.

~~~I'm wondering what everyone's go to healthy snacks are.~~~

Mine have been apples, oranges, veggies and hummus, popcorn, and very recently Paleo protein balls (recipe on March 19th's discussion).
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Pass #? (Beyond 3 :s )
    Exercise: yes
    Tracking: yes
    Calories:no. Well yes if I count the exercise butbibdpnt eat back calories as it doesn't work for me ibknowbit does work for lots of you and for that I am envious.

Go to snacks: fruit, eggs, and not a snack but water. I'm bad at confusing hunger and thirst.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes 25 minute dog walk
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes

@pears734...lowfat cottage cheese in single serving cups, Fage nonfat plain Greek yogurt mixed with sf Jello or pudding (all in single serving), fried pork skins (no carbs, lots of crunch), almonds(100 calorie packs). I log snacks as meals...cottage cheese with 1/2 cup strawberries would be a mini meal. I also limit my eating window so as not to do too much snacking...no food after 5:00pm.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 46 minutes of strength training and a 40 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • chermac2015
    chermac2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    March 20th
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Track yes

March 21st
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Track yes
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Morning Rick!! It's another chilly morning here. I think I need to buy a no soliciting sign for our house. Since the storm we have had so many people knock on our door for the stupidest things. I want to just say go away. Next time I am out I will pick one up.
    Another early day so time to get my rear in gear. Have a great day everyone.

I'm totally with you on the signage. We have a kinda ratty house, and since the heavy rains (here in CA) we've had a tarp hanging off of our roof. We have a trench from the house to the sidewalk by the road (flood control). Fix-it guys stop by even more often now, thinking we're easy $$, but my hubby knows how to do it all- he just doesn't have enough time. He fixes on an emergency basis most of the time. Ah, home ownership is grand. Get the sign. I might just do the same.

• SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Oh by the way...
    Exercise: 30 min Boot Camp DVD
    Calories: within limits
    Tracking: yessiree
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    I don't know what happened to today's post, oh well.
    @pears734 asked about go-to-ready-to-eat snacks. My bias, based on my experience is to have healthy fat/protein snacks. My body needs a late afternoon boost, sometimes a late morning boost. I have a mini-fridge in my office, it has a bag of low salt almonds (160 calories per 24 nuts); regular fat cheesticks (calories from 60-80 calories per stick); and Siggi's regular fat skyr (120 calories).
    Late in the evening, I will eat 2 tablespoons of low fat cottage cheese. This is what works for me.
    High carbohydrate snacks are horrible choices. I see women in my office who are carbohydrate addicts. It is obviously ruining their health.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    My report for the day:
    Calories: under by over 800 (that is very unusual)
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: 20 minutes of 3.5 mph treadmill walking
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    exercise yes. auquamotion and stationary bike
    calories yes under goal
    tracking yes food and water

go to snacks, oranges, ginger snaps, cheese strips, turkey peperroni(50 cal ea)
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    March 21 - running behind...
    Yes Yes Yes - morning lap swim, two "parking lot walks" during the day.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    OOOPS...don't know how I did it, but posted 3/21 on 3/20...couldn't have been a senior moment!!! lol
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Whew. Made it. Al three are good
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? YES (80 min gym workout)
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? YES
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? YES
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 3 hours of downhill skiing. It was a great day!
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes