Hi!

Options
hmeskool4
hmeskool4 Posts: 8 Member
I wanted to create this group to hopefully find other people who also have large families. I have 12 kids, 9 are still living at home. This can create unique challenges in my journey to a healthier lifestyle and was hoping to find others in this same boat. :wink:

Replies

• veganMomto7
    veganMomto7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have 7 with 6 still at home. Started on mfp a few years back and then switched to the webmd fitness tracker. Husband gave me a fitbit for Christmas and I love it! Still out of all three I think this one has a better food log so I am back. I need friends as well so add me if you like. Good luck on your journey.~Tabitha
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi I have 9 with 5 still at home. I home schooled for 18 years but couldn't do it any longer due to ill health. I have a lot of weight to lose. I have 2 with disabilities so it makes for an interesting life.
  • hmeskool4
    Options
    Hi mummoid and welcome,

I've been MIA for a little over a week due to life but kept up with my new lifestyle in the meantime. :smiley: I have 3 with cognitive delays and 1 with asthma that I deal with. 1 of my cognitive delayed children also has high functioning autism.

I started the end of January needing to lose 60 - 70 pounds. I'm down 12 so far. I've struggled with a lot of thyroid issues and have begun following a more paleo type diet a couple of weeks ago which seems to be working for me. It has taken a lot of hit and miss to find something that would budge the scale over the years.

I gained most of my weight due to babies and am determined to push my way through to the end this time so that I can play with my younger kids. My kids are aged 30 down to 6.
  • hmeskool4
    Options
    Hi Tabitha, welcome!

As I mentioned to mummmoid, I've been missing for a little over a week but am back now. Too many things came up at once and I've found it difficult to have much computer time. :open_mouth: I too started here several years ago. So long ago I didn't even realize I still had an account when I came to start up here again. I am still trying to figure everything out on here but am excited to connect with others to keep my motivation strong.

I've been wondering exactly what the fitbit is. Could you explain it for me. I see it everywhere and hear so much about it, it seems to be connected with everything, including my treadmill. But I'm at a total loss as to what exactly it does. :)
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hmeskool4 I have two boys with autism one who has intellectual disability, and the other is higher functioning but has benign hypermobility syndrome and sensory issues. My children are 25 down to 11, however I did get the two for one pregnancy deal with my 3rd and 4th, they are identical twins. Charlotte.
  • hmeskool4
    Options
    Mummoid, I so understand sensory issues. My 3 with cognitive disabilities came to me with sensory issues (5 of our kids are children we fostered and then later adopted). We have done a LOT of work along those lines over the years. Now, they present with a LOT less issues. I can at least get them all to eat most any food now. Touch things, allow others to touch them, get messy, not scream at everything, and this list goes on and on which I'm sure you understand. I found a place that includes sensory therapy with their speech, feeding and Occupational therapies. This has made a world of difference!!! They have been in therapy for 4 years now and have made so much progress on so many levels with the sensory interwoven into their other therapies.

I always wanted twins when I was younger. I unknowingly thought it looked like so much fun but after fostering for 10 years, I'm kind of glad it didn't happen. When I was young I don't think I had any concept of how much work it would have been and how much more patience I would have needed to get through a day while they were little. You are AMAZING!!!